Which Terran unit is most often underestimated and not used to its full potential?

Which Terran unit is most often underestimated and not used to its full potential?

• Battlecruiser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Medic

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Science Vessel

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Vulture

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
I say Ghost. The only time I see people use them is for Nukes.

Come on people! With full upgrades, they have the same attack range as Guardians! Haven't you ever massed 120 ghosts, cloaked them all, and attacked the dudes base!? Have some droppin nukes and some using Lockdown on mech units and you got a BITCHIN army. It does take a bit of micro though...

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Medics are hott... if you can micro enough... Blinding a WHOLE army could be so hott....Theyd be all blind and stuff....turns a whole ranged army into a melee one. Dragoons, zealots, HTs for example wouldnt have the goons artillery range...the HT would lose all there range thus making them inevitablly useless...except for the Hallucination of a unit to give you sight...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
NeutronHInc said:
I say Ghost. The only time I see people use them is for Nukes.

Come on people! With full upgrades, they have the same attack range as Guardians! Haven't you ever massed 120 ghosts, cloaked them all, and attacked the dudes base!? Have some droppin nukes and some using Lockdown on mech units and you got a BITCHIN army. It does take a bit of micro though...
I guess you're joking :p

Eh, neway, I'll vote for the Ghost.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not sure if vultures, SVs(irradiate/def. matrix) or medics are underestimated, though.

I gonna go wit' ghosts according to the question. Maybe other.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Science Vessel.
I see a lot of people just use it for detectors, but they cost a lot for a reason.
Science Vessels are a Protoss Pisser.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Any war3 player will tell you that vultures are mini death knights in terms of speed and damage. With 6 of them ASAP with mines each, they can cause some serious ruin to an enemy's economy and live to tell about it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
How can they ruin economy usin spider mines? Unless the player sends melee units against the vultures (and that's not very advisable), then they won't trigger. No, workers don't trigger them.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Lwek said:
Science Vessel.
I see a lot of people just use it for detectors, but they cost a lot for a reason.
Science Vessels are a Protoss Pisser.
Precisely. Vs. Zerg you can irradiate, Vs. Protoss you can EMP, and there goes atleast half of theyre life(ALL of Archons), and Vs. Anyone you can Defensive matrix. Very usefull, and underused entirely.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Samsara said:
attack the workers while you plant some mines behind your vultures to keep them safe from anyone trying to attack your vults. duh bongo :D
Nevermind, thought you said that 6 vultures' mines could ruin someone economy alone :p

Yeah, but one can still handle it. Specially Protoss.

Biske

Reaction score
But in the end, it costs a shit load to get all of the things needed to make the SV a threat to the races you are fighting against(like in a FFA).

I'll be the odd man out and say Valks.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NeutronHInc said:
u do realize that cloaked ghosts won't attack move, you would have to manually attack everything.

[[Berious said:
]Medics are hott... if you can micro enough... Blinding a WHOLE army could be so hott....Theyd be all blind and stuff....turns a whole ranged army into a melee one. Dragoons, zealots, HTs for example wouldnt have the goons artillery range...the HT would lose all there range thus making them inevitablly useless...except for the Hallucination of a unit to give you sight...
in order for that to work..you would have blind every single unit they have nearby becuase if you miss even one, that one unit has vision, and therefore the rest of the units will see as well. This is not practical, not worth it, and pretty stupid.

On topic, the most underestimated unit is the dropship, and they are not often used to their full potential. If you see replays of Slayers_`Boxer` or [red]nada, you will probably see dropship/tank micro, TvT tank/goliath spread drops, and on some cases micro/infantry micro. This is not as easy as it looks, and is very difficult to pull off during a game and macroing at the same time.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Tiger_shark said:
u do realize that cloaked ghosts won't attack move, you would have to manually attack everything.
Thats why I said it takes a bit of micro :p

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Sakuhta said:
Precisely. Vs. Zerg you can irradiate, Vs. Protoss you can EMP, and there goes atleast half of theyre life(ALL of Archons), and Vs. Anyone you can Defensive matrix. Very usefull, and underused entirely.
Or not, SV's are only really useful for Irradiate, no one bothers to use Defense Matrix or even research EMP.

And please, don't say that you do, or anyone else does, because you don't, and you can so easily win games without it. EMP is useless.

SV's are only useful for their detection and Irradiate.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually alot of players use Defensive matrix. not just irradiate.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Tiger_shark said:
Hold Position.

Renzokuken said:
Or not, SV's are only really useful for Irradiate, no one bothers to use Defense Matrix or even research EMP.

And please, don't say that you do, or anyone else does, because you don't, and you can so easily win games without it. EMP is useless.

SV's are only useful for their detection and Irradiate.
Which is why SV's are underestimated and not used to it's full potential.
I'm pretty sure I posted a thread with a replay of me killing a backstabber with EMP. It was called Countering Backstabbing, I think.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Backstabbers are only evident in money maps, and sorry but i never saw that thread :(

And come to think of it D-Matrix would poon if used well in a drop.