Which Terran unit is most often underestimated and not used to its full potential?

Which Terran unit is most often underestimated and not used to its full potential?

• Battlecruiser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Medic

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Science Vessel

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Vulture

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

mark_14

Reaction score
hmm...it's a tough decision. ghosts shouldn't only be used for nuking, they're pretty good in combat too. but, science vessels are often used only for observing. if you have about 3-5 science vessels fully upgraded you can do some damage....especially against protoss

sooo....i'm gonna have to say science vessel

zerg_slayer(IC)

Member!
Reaction score
I woulg sau the SV i rarly use then i never relly use them even for detection :grunt

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Valkyrie. And I think it is because they do not fire their missles during huge fire fights, due to lag and also due to the amount of units firing in the area as a whole. This causes them to linger in the air and because potential targets for enemy air units. But I hardly see anyone use them, despite how cool they are and how useful they can be if used right.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That may be true DM, but we are figuring out which unit is actually DECENT and can actually be used in a MU, rather than a raunchy German piloting a Frigate ;)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Sop you are saying Sexy Germans that fire a volly of rockets in air combat aern't going to be useful in a MU? What the hell is...nevermind. I do see your point though. But that does not mean they can't be used though. At best I like to harrass with my Valkyries, rather then send them with a fleet or wraiths or anything. I fear that their downside that I explained before will cramp my air attack if it happens at an unexpected time during a melee. And that my friends would upset me greatly.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzokuken said:
That may be true DM, but we are figuring out which unit is actually DECENT and can actually be used in a MU, rather than a raunchy German piloting a Frigate ;)
Actually, during the 2003 WCG there was a map on which Zerg's best option was mass muta. Terran countered with Valk, and Zerg to Hydra. Literally in at least ten games zerg went mass muta and terran countered with valk., so they're not completely useless.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
valks are just like corsairs but without the web.

Except valks stop shooting after a while...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Yeah, that shot lag crap. Bad thing to happen in tower games thats for sure. Valks don't do well later on against battleship units. But good for destroying the weaker ones.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blizzforums said:
Actually, during the 2003 WCG there was a map on which Zerg's best option was mass muta. Terran countered with Valk, and Zerg to Hydra. Literally in at least ten games zerg went mass muta and terran countered with valk., so they're not completely useless.
Well, they're very well close to it. They get killed by 2 scourges for crying out loud. I guess if T has the resources to get THAT many valks(which T needs to counter pure muta, anyway) then pretty much anything T throws at those mutas will kill them.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Blizzforums said:
I have plenty of maps where massing air is the only option.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix: Valk. Counter muta brutally. If you have five and otherwise pump goli tank z's muta count is worthless.

Hellwolf: Yeah. It was a pretty cool map too. Reminded me of Gorky a bit.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or get ground units and the valks would be useless. Unless you're zerg, then they can just harass your ass and cut off your control (overminds get obliterated).

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blizzforums said:
Phoenix: Valk. Counter muta brutally. If you have five and otherwise pump goli tank z's muta count is worthless.

Hellwolf: Yeah. It was a pretty cool map too. Reminded me of Gorky a bit.

I don't think you get it. Muta/scourge counters valks brutally. Throw in some hydras and you're done.(lings couldn't hurt, either) I don't know HOW you think you can afford to get valks, gols and still have enough $$ for tanks, though.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix2003 said:
I don't think you get it. Muta/scourge counters valks brutally. Throw in some hydras and you're done.(lings couldn't hurt, either) I don't know HOW you think you can afford to get valks, gols and still have enough $$ for tanks, though.
Well, I respect your opinion I just don't think you've seen this battle in action enough. Goli Valk destroys Muta Scourge. It's the best counter devisable.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Even though valk is good against scourges, muta and light armor ships, most of people don't recommend them that much, since it takes all day for valk to shoot their missiles, the z can easily split his scourges and take out the valks. It's impossible to do "moving-shot" for valks like wraiths do(and less viable), so I guess that's the reason people don't use em.