• Terran

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • protoss

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
EMP is overrated, it costs too much to tech to vessels in TvP. The power of toss is not in its shields, shields are weaker then hp's, they take full damage from all units and it only removes about 40% of the units totall life.

It is effective, but if u tech to it u lose echonomy and the enemy will get far more units than u (which means ur dead in TvP)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
EMP is overrated, it costs too much to tech to vessels in TvP. The power of toss is not in its shields, shields are weaker then hp's, they take full damage from all units and it only removes about 40% of the units totall life.

It is effective, but if u tech to it u lose echonomy and the enemy will get far more units than u (which means ur dead in TvP)
I Disagree. It only costs 200mins & gas (i think?). That isnt all that much in late game. It is very effective if a large number of toss units attack and they are all bunched up. Your units could kill more than what they would if the toss units HAD shields.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
200 gas for research, 100 gas for starport, 150 gas for facility, 225 gas for each vessel * 4 vessels is almost 1500 gas for vessels with EMP. That is 15 siege tanks.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ah i c. I didnt know it was that expensive. Considering i dont use terran.
I still think it's a good investment if you buy one.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
It would still be 700 gas, that's 7 siege tanks which can kill at least 10 goons.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
But...
EMP is not only used on a mass of units, most people use EMP on Toss buildings.
And there is no best race against any race. Each race has their own Pro's and Con's..
Example-
Toss have extremely powerful units, but they have shields (EMP) and they need Pylons for all buildings, except Nexus.

Im really tired so I don't really feel like making a list...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You need Sci Vessels anyway for detectors. You cant kill a zerg who has lurkers by building turrets in their base while getting mowed down by the lurks.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
dear god you people make the starcraft forums so ****ing boring. why do you constantly repeat the same thing. over and over again you get 100 posts by repeating everything. god i have seen like 200 posts that are about how the races are equal. The race matters, its the strat and the opponent that matters, there we go end of subject bye bye.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Of course u need vessels vs zerg, but NOT VS TOSS! And EMP against buildings? U dont win by destroying all the enemy's buildings, u win by destroying his expansions and probes. And 4 tanks on a cliff is much harder to stop than 2 tanks + EMP.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Yes you do win by destroying the enemy buildings, it does not say Victory when you kill all the enemies Probes and Nexus's. And if you EMP a Nexus it leaves them with 750 HP which is alot easier to destroy then 1500 and it is stupid to not get Vessels vs Toss, 4 DT's can wipe out almost anything in a few seconds and without Vessels your screwed (4 DT's with 3 Upg's do 196 damage if they all attack at the same time, so Turrets are screwed). If the enemy attacks with mass Carriers then EMP will really make them vunerable to Valk's.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
If a player has 4 bases full of factories and suply depots but only 100 minerals and no expansions he will usualy say "gg" and leave the game, not sit in his chair and wait for the enemy to destroy his bases.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
All that does is delay the inevitable.. unless you have another secret flurishing base and the opponent does not know. This way, the opponent may take his sweet time in destroying the last few buildings in your old base. This gives you time to make a surprise super kamikaze ghost attack!

Sc MaRiNe

Member!
Reaction score
Antarctica: The coolest place on earth (literally)
Website
Visit site
yeah...no skill involved, but when all the newbs and stuff are on, thats all the maps they ever make. But when I make non-money maps no one joins.

US WEST: AUS-1 or TWN:1
WEEKENDS: 3-4pm (east australia time)
NAME: Making a new one...

i tend not to play Lost Temple cause i've never really liked it. AND i get my butt kicked when i try the map with people that are on 24-7 so...yeah...whats ice hunter etc like?