What is the counter for dark swarm?

Zerg-ShadowX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamzerg.tk
heres what i would do asuming they have lurkers and maybe a few hydras under DS
Terran: i would use tank splash, to try to lure them out, if they move then sick'em with what ever you want, if they don't, then send firebats. reveal the burrowed lurkers and blind them then kill what ever else is there so they cant see, they will be useless once hydras are gone. and even just the splash of a tank would kill hydras pretty quick.
Protoss: i would use zealots, cost effective, low tech, yet melee and powerful, even late game, just get upgrades for legs and armor and shielding. a nice upgraded squad of zealots would rip them apart. plus if zealots go under the DS then the hydras cant do anything. they can only hit them on the way in, once they're in, the only threat is lurkers or zerg melee. that goes for the terran firebat too.
Zerg: your own lurkers burrowed inside the DS, then its just a lurker *****. use queen to kill lurkers then slaughter the hydras with your broodlings, make him feel stupid cuz hydra wont be able to hurt the broodlings
basicly just use the dark swarm to you advantage: they can't move or they are vulnerable, melee can still hit them, but if your melee is in the DS with them it protects you too. those are all advantages you have to work with and its more then enough.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
malestrom might help quite a bit, storms would hurt them a lot. and i guess stasis.
terran me guessing mines would help and irraidate.

zerg, plague em and snare em :) and a massive zergling rush lol

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Here we go... Dark Swarm is good for breaking big defenses.
Protoss: Zealots/Storm/Archons will own Dark Swarm, that is why the spell is mostyl used against Terran.
Terran: Best strategy is to confront the Zerg early in the push, making him use the Dark Swarm up. Irradiate is a viable counter and owns anything under Dark Swarm. Tanks do damage, but only the splash is counted.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
~Disruption Web renders a Dark Swarm completely useless. psionic Storm is also awesome against a Swarm.
~Plague and/or Zerglings are good to send into a Dark Swarm if you have them onhand, perhaps with some Ultralisks too to take fire before they get into the Dark Swarm.
~Firebats are ok, but it's unlikely you'll have a large expendable force of them. Irradiate the Defiler and some units inside the Swarm if you can. If they haven't got Melee units with them, just send your Marines into their Swarm.

jhuni

Reaction score
terrans reatrete from defilers farts...
if there trying to break a blockade tanks work.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Unless the enemy is using Zerglings or Ultralisks. Otherwise yes, hijacking someone elses Dark Swarm can be very satisfying, :).

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
Reavers aren't melee, they're splash. That's why they work fine under Dark Swarm. Tanks only work if you got like twenty.

Wrong. The number of tanks has nothing to do with it. It's the number of lurkers. Dark swarm causes tank shots to miss. When they miss one lurker, however, they can hit another lurker. So essentially, this means that one lurker is entirely safe from tanks shots under a swarm. But if you have two or three, the a miss on one lurker can be a hit on another.