What game do you own that you would rather people not know that you do?

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Obviously, it's not that shameful as I'm hoping you'll tell me. But, which game do you slightly blush when admitting to owning, not just playing, but actually owning?

I think my game would have to be Hulk Hogan's Main Event. It's a Kinect game and I just had to buy it because I want to know how you can play a wrestling game on Kinect. The cover has a steel chair and a ladder as weapons that I will be able to use, how could I pass that up? :D

What is the game in your library that people would try to give you grief over?

endirio

Reaction score
I've played that game at a birthday party last week with some friends. We were all drunk and had a lot of fun hitting each other with chairs and doing scorpion kicks :D
As for myself, I own "Street Cleaner Simulator" and I love it, but whenever I have friends at my place I hide the shortcut... people just don't understand, man.

Imoverthere

Member!
Reaction score
I think the game that I'd like to hide from others would be Chibi Robo for the Gamecube. It's just the strangest yet fun game I've played. Yes, it's a very cutesy thing at many parts, but it certainly has some very unique atmosphere throughout!

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I've played that game at a birthday party last week with some friends. We were all drunk and had a lot of fun hitting each other with chairs and doing scorpion kicks :D
As for myself, I own "Street Cleaner Simulator" and I love it, but whenever I have friends at my place I hide the shortcut... people just don't understand, man.
Oh great! So, it's as fun as it looks? I'll have to move it up the list then. I was trying to get some other games out of the way, but it keeps trying to call me over. It's probably a set up and I'm going to get jumped by The Four Horsemen. :D

Imoverthere, I haven't heard of that one.

Aegis

Reaction score
Geez, probably most of my Nintendo DS collection, haha. Animal crossing, Etrian Odyssey, Rune Factory, POKEMON. I don't even want to begin to think of what others might say if only they knew. Still, I couldn't live without them. I've totally hidden my WoW shortcut too, in reference to Endirio and his Street Cleaner Sim.

endirio

Reaction score
Oh great! So, it's as fun as it looks? I'll have to move it up the list then. I was trying to get some other games out of the way, but it keeps trying to call me over. It's probably a set up and I'm going to get jumped by The Four Horsemen. :D

Imoverthere, I haven't heard of that one.
After first installing it, I've spent 5 hours in the game. It's addictive in a retarded way and there's lots of stuff to do. You start off with nothing and you have to do jobs and upgrade your cleaning machine. It's fascinating :D

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
After first installing it, I've spent 5 hours in the game. It's addictive in a retarded way and there's lots of stuff to do. You start off with nothing and you have to do jobs and upgrade your cleaning machine. It's fascinating :D
Okay, I was trying to hold off, but now I have to crack this open within the next week. You said addictive, so that really means fun and I want to have some serious fun with this game. Thanks for admitting to playing.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pokemon is great. I used to be a bit embarrassed in college about it and then found out the everyone in college still loves the gameboy version... have to love nostalgia.

Metool

Reaction score
3D Dot Game Heroes is one of the most fun, challenging, and nostalgia-inducing games I have ever played. It was one of the first games I ever purchased for my PS3, but to make it look like I wasn't a casual gamer I also grabbed Infamous, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and MW2. I have more time in 3D Dot Game heroes than the other three combined.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
3D Dot Game Heroes is one of the most fun, challenging, and nostalgia-inducing games I have ever played. It was one of the first games I ever purchased for my PS3, but to make it look like I wasn't a casual gamer I also grabbed Infamous, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and MW2. I have more time in 3D Dot Game heroes than the other three combined.
That is hilarious! :D I will have to check out 3D Dot Game Heroes since I also have a PS3 and wouldn't mind something incredibly fun and if it's worthy of some shame, then it's probably really fun.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
I don't own the game anymore. But unfortunately, it's on my profile so it is FOREVER there to stain an otherwise good looking profile trophy wise.

It's a stupid basketball game called NBA 09: the Inside. The game is horrible and I wish it never entered my PS3 in the first place.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Aren't you allowed to have a second profile on a PS3? I know you can on an XBox. That is where you first test a game like that. I'm sorry you can't get it off. I do wish there was an ability to do that on both consoles.

I'd take The Orange Box off. It's not that it isn't a game that is worthy, but I didn't get to play Team Fortress 2 like I wanted and I have yet to get back to Portal. I'd rather have it on my profile when I'm ready to dedicate the time to it.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about Viva Pinata. If I'm not mistaken, it was made by Rare, correct? Aren't they the same people that made the Banjo Kazooie franchise? That alone should give you plenty of cache amongst anyone that would want to question.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Aren't you allowed to have a second profile on a PS3? I know you can on an XBox. That is where you first test a game like that. I'm sorry you can't get it off. I do wish there was an ability to do that on both consoles.

I'd take The Orange Box off. It's not that it isn't a game that is worthy, but I didn't get to play Team Fortress 2 like I wanted and I have yet to get back to Portal. I'd rather have it on my profile when I'm ready to dedicate the time to it.

You can have a ton of extra profiles on your PS3. But I didn't think about that at the time. Sure as hell wish I did because that game MARS my gaming awesomeness with it's E stench

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
You can have a ton of extra profiles on your PS3. But I didn't think about that at the time. Sure as hell wish I did because that game MARS my gaming awesomeness with it's E stench
I only use my second profile for things that I need to do with a second player that I don't actually want a second player around to do. I would also use it for games that I wouldn't be too sure about being able to make a good run with and I wouldn't want to be so incredibly incomplete on my main profile.

I may play Half Life 2 on the second one because if I slip up and get that one point achievement, but can't finish the entire game, I'll go nuts! :D

Nickman13

Reaction score
The only game I own that I might not want my friends to see would be Avatar. The movie was great but it's really lame for a teenager like me. I honestly have never played the game but since my friend gave it to me for my Birthday, I decided not to Re-Gift or Trade it in to Gamestop.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
At first glance, I thought you meant the first Avatar video game. I think that was the name. Anyway, I was going to tell you that a lot of people have that game on their profile. I think somehow you get 1000G in the first scene or five minutes of the game and they played it to boost.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Probably Animal Crossing: City Folk. It is actually a semi-fun game, but I would prefer not to announce it lol.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
The game that has scarred my Xbox forever is avatar. When I was younger (MUCH younger), I was an achievement freak and still going to the shop to buy avatar knowing all I'd do was get the achievements and let it collect dust still haunts me to this day. :(