What do you think was the best campaign?

What was the best campaign?

• SC: Terran

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • SC: Zerg

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • SC: Protoss

• BW: Protoss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BW: Terran

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • BW: Zerg

• Total voters

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
In both Starcraft and Brood War, and why?

I personally found the original Zerg campaign the best of them all. I was expecting simple search & destroy missions with little to no story. Luckily, that wasn't the case.

I mean, the Overmind, the Cerebrates with their different personalities... It was brilliant. Still, the story got the most interesting after Kerrigan, a Terran Ghost, got added to the Swarm. Kinda ironic. ^^

What do you think?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Last Zerg, followed closely by the last Terran.

Everything that had been built up by the entire series was systematically taken down by Kerrigan. Something about the constant treachery that everyone should have known was coming, but kerrigan still gets away with it.

The Take over by the UED was pretty awesome, and mirrors the same way that the zerg BW story goes in taking down the established power. Something about the Storming of Korhal and being able to either take out the nuclear or Battlecruiser's in the next mission tickles me in some way, and it's that cross map continuity I loved about Warcraft III.

The First Terran campaign was also good, but suffers from a disjointed narrative, where everything sort of jumps around. It does it's job in establishing mengsk in the role he holds for the rest of the game.

The least interesting were the two protoss campaigns, with the BW one being slightly more boring.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Yeah, the whole Raszagal storyline was incredibly coping. Like we couldn't guess that she would be infested as wel. I loved the secret mission, though. You know, where you find out what Duran was really up to. Kind of sad that that was the best part of the Protoss storyline in Brood Was, but it was the perfect teaser. To bad that it had to last for over a decade, lol.

As for the "talking down the established order thing: never looked at it that way. Interesting. Still, I didn't like the Terran cast. I hope that Rainor will be a cooler character in SC2. Also expecting good things from Tychus Findlay. Could be interesting.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I really enjoying playing the SC:protoss story. However, the BW story line, especially the Toss campaign , holds a special spot in my heart. It all coincides with my SC season. :D

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BW Zerg followed by Vanilla Protoss.(though BW protoss was pretty good because of the new units, but wasn't as interesting because it was too easy)