Want the StarCraft forums to be near the top of the BF index again?

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
coRtALoS said:
coRtALoS (7:00:49 PM): If you can help get us to the top 3 on gamesites200.com, I'll bump you guys up to the top again for a year. :)
coRtALoS (7:00:57 PM): At least.
coRtALoS (7:01:02 PM): Even if it's just for a month.
coRtALoS said:
coRtALoS (7:05:52 PM): Any time after April 7th.
coRtALoS (7:05:57 PM): If you get us in the top 3 for a couple days.
coRtALoS (7:06:01 PM): I'll bump SCForums back up.
Starting April 1st and ending at April 30th, if we can get our forums at the top 3 on gamesites200.com, the StarCraft forums will be back up there right under the general forums for a year.
So start voting on April 1st. coRtALoS says that if we can get up there for just a few days, it'll be alright but it only counts if we are up there after April 7th.
Prepare to vote starting April.
~ Vote for [Starcraft] ~

~~~EDIT~~~
If you vote more than once in a 30 hour period, all of your votes are cancelled out. Keep that in mind guys. ;)
~Cort

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The only thing I wonder about is really how important is this gamesite200 thing? ...that's not going to draw really good gamers in my opinion. Having a good replay database (trying!) current news (hasn't been much but I'll post good stuff), interviews, pgtour/wgtour/ngi teams, strategies, and neat stuff like that would.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Man, i'm so glad we have you AOP here rather than BlizzForums :D

<3

I'm gonna be voting like crazy!

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
ArtOfProtoss said:
The only thing I wonder about is really how important is this gamesite200 thing? ...that's not going to draw really good gamers in my opinion. Having a good replay database (trying!) current news (hasn't been much but I'll post good stuff), interviews, pgtour/wgtour/ngi teams, strategies, and neat stuff like that would.
All excellent suggestions, however until we can get something of that nature going, this is the best thing our members can do to help keep BF going.

I've added a short section to Lwek's post. Just keep in mind if you vote more than once in I think it's a 28 hour period, all of your votes are cancelled out.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm going to make sure I vote every day now.. well, except like every sixth day. I can vote at 8 AM, then Noon, then 4 PM, then 8 PM, then Midnight.. On the sixth day I'm not staying up until 4 AM :p

Zmoney

Reaction score
Go to sleep and Set your alarm AZ!

Just What ever you do don't get your vote, canlced.

Zmoney

Reaction score
Oh I just emailed the head of the site to get the exact rules on voting so were all clear on them.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
What are the exact rules? I vote every afternoon, so the vote cancelation doesn't effect me. The timegap between ach afternoon is over the 28 hour mark. I wish it was 24 hours still, though.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
TrongaMonga emailed gamesites200.com half a year ago. I can't remember what he said but he did make an announcement on him it.Question: Does the 'Out this month' mean how many people clicked on our link?
Suggestion: We should have a picture/logo for our site on gamesites200.com

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
coRtALoS said:
I've added a short section to Lwek's post. Just keep in mind if you vote more than once in I think it's a 28 hour period, all of your votes are cancelled out.
your low by 2 its 30 hour time period

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Are you certain of that, Wing? I want an exact number so I can make sure that my daily votes actually count towards our rank, and so that they don't cancel eachother out.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought it was 24 hour period? :(

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I still can't see how Clan OD is owning everyone. EVERYTIME i've visited their site everyone is inactive :rolleyes

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Are you certain of that, Wing? I want an exact number so I can make sure that my daily votes actually count towards our rank, and so that they don't cancel eachother out.
gah i havta ask some one it was posted in the bstaff

gah screw it it doesnt look privite enoug
and sweaty say ok

Tronga sent teh letter

Hi.

I'm part of the Senior Staff of a forum that uses your site to gain hits, and I was wondering, because we noticed how lately (after a 2 months downtime), around 3, 4 months later, we are already 1st in Diablo, and very close in WarCraft 3 and StarCraft (the site's www.battleforums.com, using a different name in your site, though).

But, anyway, as I was saying, I wonder two things:

1. One user (or, let's say, one IP), will be counted how many times in a month? Can he vote only a month, once per week, or everyday? My guesses is that it is everyday, because the first on the StarCraft list is a clan site, and I suppose the members go there everyday, before playing the game. Am just guessing, of course.

2. Can a single IP vote for more than one categorie? I mean, he votes for StarCraft, then he also wants to vote for WarCraft 3 in the same day/week/month (according to the first question's answer).

Quite simple questions, that I am sure will not take much of your
time to be answered. I simply couldn't find anywhere in your site
the answers, so, I tried to contact you.

I hope you can answer my questions, and I thank you in advance.

Hello Manuel,

Firstly, I have been trying to get a hold of the new owner. Can you ask
him to kindly email me?

1. We recommend voting once every 30 hours. Anything early and you might
be playing with fire

2. We use a shared database to log votes. So if someone votes for the
site on SC top 200 and then on D2 Top 200, the vote will not go through.

-Barbarian