U~Frost Wyrms

IHATEMRJONS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK I LIKE TO GO GHOULS AND FROST WYRMS, GHOULS CAN TAKE OUT INDIVIDUAL UNITS AND FROST WYRMS CAN TAKE OUT DEFENCE, BUILDINGS, AND HEROS VERY QUICK. SO WAT I DO I MAKE ABOUT 12 FROST WYRMS WHILE I CREEP AND KEEP MAKING GHOULS AND THEN WEN I GET FROST WYRM BUILDING I MAKE ABOUT 5 OR 6 FROST WYRMS AND SO IF MY ENEMIES ATTACK ME I WILL HAVE GHOULS AND DEFENCE UP(SINCE U UPGRADE UR ZIGGURATS) AND A LEVELED HERO

wOrKs FoR mE

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Frosties rock. They make great support creatures. But...as a main attack force? Laughable. Frost Wyrms are not intended to be massed, and if they were they would probably be lower in the tech tree or at least cheaper. When I get Frost Wyrms I get them for three reasons: to soak up damage from enemy archers so that my Ghouls and Gargoyles can take them out, for freezing buildings, or as a diversion, making the enemy create anti-air units, when in reality my strategy would be Necromancers + Ghouls or something along those lines.

But mass Frost Dragons? Who would do something so stupid? Well, if you're up against a guy that'll sit and rot in his base for 10 minutes while you build up your masses then maybe it could happen.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
Hey Pan, I realy did get disconnected out there. I realy did have to go somtimes. THeses are all just coincedences. Hey and if you dont think im good, check out my new account "LagMaster[pd]". I got 5 wins in a row in A.T with "Sticky[pd]" A.K.A "Adhesive[pd]. But afterwords I got a loss.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cool, i got 9 wins in a row on my name Pan_the_man2, but my last two games i got disconeccted then my comp froze. i almost had a perfect record.

IHATEMRJONS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
know i dont like to go with so many Frost Wyrms now, now i like to go mass gargolyes with about 4 or 5 Frost Wyrms, Frost wyrms are perfect with taking out defence

Skipper240

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Frosties are only good with UF (Orcs) or AMS (HU). A straight tech to them doesn't work because you need to quick exp to even have a chance at getting a decent number of them out + a few casters. Watch the replay, Frosties rape... and the Orc's not a noob obviously.

Beef246

Member!
Reaction score
i think frosties r alrite ive won a few games by goin for mass frosyies but only afta creein wif ghouls ssuprisingly iv won 3 1v1 games an a few team games usin this strat also with unholy frenzy , the others go ground wile i go mass frosyies and ensure that no1 escapes lol

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
Against buildings maybe. But the cost is FAR TOO MUCH.
you ccan barely even have 7 frostys with 2 heros. it is stupid that frostys cost so much, since they suck.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
On the Undead campaign "Siege of Dalaran" I once made 7 FW with Arthas and Kel'Thuzad (59 upkeep), 5 Acos (64) a Shade (65) and 2 Ghouls on lumber (69) leaving 21 upkeep for an army. And where I got the gold from I have no idea.

LiQuiD-OnE

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree frosties suck when massed alone but mixed with ghouls and necros they own :)

necros for unholy frenzy (imo skellies suck 1 WoN and poof all gone)
ghouls for chipping off health

seriously WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD MASS FROSTIES? thats just plain stupid

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The Gold and Lumber can be sacrificed for a few Ghouls, but the Upkeep can't. 7 upkeep? You can have plenty for that.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I won a few games going mass frosties. They were team games, so my allies protected me while i teched, but by the time I had 4-5, my allies had already beaten up most of the creeps, and only one other player was left, so I rarely got any action with that strat...but they aren't made for massing me thinks. They are like the Battle Cruiser off of SC, they are Heavy Aerial Support, not Heavy Aerial Assault.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
FWs are surprisingly weak for the cost and amount of damage. Sadly. Whenever FWs do come out you aren't necessarily rewarded; rather you're left wondering if it was worth the cost.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i say fully upgrade gargolyes and mass em, easy, and affordable, if u cant do it easy and affordable, thats just downright sad, bah to you :mad: