Tile-Bmpscm Coming Soon....

eX-reaver

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
Tile-Bmpscm coming soon....
For all those people wondering how the hell people use Bmpscm well ive got a sulution for you Tile-Bmpscm is a program that give you the colour you want and the number to replace the other numbers with that dont give a colour. So stay with me here to give you the whole thing short.
It converts the numbers that are in the box that you need to replace with diffrent numbers to get the acctual colors to show the picture that is why its hard to use and no one gets the hang of it insept me and a few people stay logged on later for more info on this program to help bmpscm to become easier to use if you dont really get what im saying just........
18% Complete

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
What is your program? A auto tile selector? or is it just a Image compresser? I hate this darn image thing.

First I make a map with an image on the terrain.
Next Images on bound maps becomes the reason why public enjoys them.
Then Vangaurd makes a program so newbs can easly make mini map images.
Lastly A new program is in the works so ignorant newbs who don't understand it can make them even easyer.

Vanguard

Member!
Reaction score
Website
gecko.gc.maricopa.edu
You can't be serious about this program. One of the reasons why my program should be left hard to use by newbs is the massive quantities of shitty maps that would come from it. It wont really benefit the map making community if you make this program. In fact, making BMP2SCM n00b-friendly would mean the end of the map making world! You can't do this to us!

Supa

Member!
Reaction score
No the end of the map making world will go like this:
--Scunprotect gets released a huge scale where every site gets it. Map makers get there maps stolen and refuse to make any more. Soon every map is just geting rigged there are no more maps. Peolple leaving sc. Then i take out my pistol and kill all the newbs with scunprotect(the ones who used it for rigging). Then after i run out of bullets i pull out my M4A1 and my Ak-47 and blast the rest to hell. :).

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]eX-Reaver, I don't wish to discourage you, but Vanguard is right, if you made it any easier then the newbies who didn't know how to make images on maps would be able to, making a new rage of litterally millions of worthless maps with the most pointless pictures in them... And newbie bound maps with dumb pictures in them, too.:( I hate to discourage you, but if you're going to make it any easier, don't make it so easy that anyone can operate it.

And, you might want to ask Vanguard for permission since he was the creator of BMP2SCM[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
Ok ill agree to make it NOT newbie frendly but do u know how much crap this is gonna put me through and ****ing whoever made sc unprotect it has stuffed up sc maps for ever. I hope your proud the person who has made that program.
And i do hate newbs that get there greasy little hands on the programs and use it against THE PRO MAP MAKERS and the sc world thanks for bringing this up it has made me relise not to make it newb freindly .: )

Vanguard

Member!
Reaction score
Website
gecko.gc.maricopa.edu
Originally posted by Bolt Head
Funny you have to mess things up before you see that it was wrong. This has happened time and time again.
Actually, I haven't done much harm making BMP2SCM. I have yet to see any maps using it being played in public (well, besides mine). BMP2SCM is just another one of my shitty programs, seldom used as it doesn't have much practical use. I just made it for the same reason you made what could be the first realistic-looking picture map: just for fun (and maybe boredom was a factor in this); and I don't see the wrong in that. I was exaggerating a bit in my last post. To be honest, I don't think much people would use eX-reaver's program. Maybe a few newbs here and there will try it, but nothing more than that. Although it is possible that a bunch of shitty maps come from that...

(Edit: Grammar...)

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
eX-Reaver I would like to give you a little background info on SCU.

SCU was made by a friend of mine and a person that many people look up to most likely you too. It was created as a personal programing challenge and only given to a few friends that he trusted (like no more than 5). One of the people who was intrusted with the program sold out to the person who is more widely accepted as the creator of it (archon). Archon hexedited the program violateing the copy right and stealing it. Then mass distrubuted it. Despite the actions of the original creator and several others it was impossable to stop the slow spread of the program that continues today.

Maxtrix - I think most people with SC websites have SCU but chose not to host it. I for example have found the program in several differant places and had many other oppertunitys to get it. Thus I could host it on my site, but i dislike the program so much I won't even put it on my harddrive. Also with programs like ProEdit and StarForge there is or will be new ways to protect maps in witch SCU will not work agaist.

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
So your saying the world would be better of to not create this program Bolt_Head. Well i dont care and i agree with Vanguard his program did crap all to help people with maps you dont see pictures on maps with everything now do you? So ill still continue creating teh program but of course ill give it to limited people. To prevent stealing i have enabled a special script not really known to human that me and my freind have worked on for years now. So i have put this script in as well as a passworded feild that ill give the password to certain people only so the world wont, be stuffed becuase of these newbies, And i dont give a crap what anyone says you should be at lest nice you might get the program AND IT MIGHT HELP YOU bolt_head WITH YOUR TROUBLES WITH Bmp2scm AND LET ME TELL YOU IT CREATES DAMB GOOD PICTURES SO **** YOU FOR ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING I SHOULDNT CREATE THE ****ING PROGRAM (excuse me for the language).

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Ok, it might be helpful to me or not, please try to cool the rage. I find BMP2SCM easy to use, so what exactly does or will your program do. It sounds like it is going to automatically select the tiles for you. Is that what it does? Or is it an image editor that just compresses a image to X colors and 128x128 pixels. Sorry for my negativity, I wasn’t happy when I heard vanguard was creating BMP2SCM ether.

Please answer my questions about what your program does specifically. Thanks for your time, sorry I was rude.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
I'd have to say that MapMaking has been stuffed ever since that first Hex-Edit map opening procedure came out. But as Bolt Head said
Also with programs like ProEdit and StarForge there is or will be new ways to protect maps in witch SCU will not work agaist.
But at the same time there will be others that will make Unprotectors that will be able to open those and so on, it's an endless cycle. More and more programmers come out every day and more and more are getting better every day. There will be no peace on b.net, it's impossible. But the truth is that, a person that makes a program such as opening maps is not a true mapmaker. Why would you need that? To learn some triggers? What does that make u? A person that can't make his own triggers and has to steal them. Wanna Rig a map? What that does make u? A person who can't make his own maps or cant handle the fact that he is not good @ that particular game. If anyone disagrees with me on this, please tell me about it, because in my eyes thats the only explenation.

People that make programs to help them make their maps easier are not true mapmakers. The only real programs i think that are not sad are: Advanced Editors SCXTRA, StarForge... and so on, Guedit, Pro Edit or any other program that allows you to keep your map to yourself, and SCToolKit. No offence to any people here that have made any other programs, but you too have contributed to the constant fall of mapmaking.

BTW, don't get me wrong, when i say that if you make a program that will improve your maps your not a real mapmaker, but if theres something such as what i saw on one of Drunken Wrestlers maps where he had Pylon Blue area thing without a pylon and marines that have weird colours when you click them, at least keep it to yourself, don't give it to your friends and stuff, because these days noone can be trusted on b.net and it will end up in the wrong hands and stuff up mapmaking even more. But things such as map unprotectors are wortless, and quite embaressing to use.
Also with a program like the one that Drunken Wrestler used n e noob would look like a good mapmaker.

And with this whole picture thing, i waz impressed the first time i saw Bolt's Caprice picture but after that, the more maps i saw with pictures, the more i lost interest in them, it started to be like any other thing that you see every day. So there starts the downfall of something that started out as amazing.

These days you have to copyright everything that you make geez...

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
To start with it selects the tarrain squares that narrows down to the nearest colour as possible. So as you can see it will help a lot of people and make it heller easier to use. If anyone wants the program ill keep it limited to at least this battle forum so please no spreading if you get it.

WARNING
Security Warning
A new security issue for Windows Operating Systems and Browsers has been identified.
NEW VIRUS ALEART- open window to get more info
http://www1.optusnet.com.au/helpdesk/servicestatus/

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Reaver, i suggest that you make an auth on it, and give but 1 key that can be disabled at n e time. Just in case, don't make it easier for the noobs.

Like you have to enter the key every time you open the program. If you can't do it, i will give you the code for it and i'll get u a keymaker.

eX-reaver

Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
OH and i now am dedicating TO find a way to stop unmap protect stuff and a new protect that cant be unprotected so ill see if i can stop the starcraft user who supposibly say they create these maps but just steal them so ill see if i can wipe out the damb newbie race that steal maps.

NewPosts

New threads