• JA

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • NEIN

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The purists will balk - Chris might scream at me for this, but I was wondering if we could do away with just about every single rule we have involving posting.

Specifically:

~ Double-posting - While I am no fan of people making 50 consecutive posts because they are bored, double-posting isn't incredibly bad.
~ Off-topic - As long as it continues someone else's post, off-topic posts are fine - and this should be liberally applied. Moderators would gently (and I mean gently, not "GET BACK ON TOPIC IDIOT" or quote the original poster and reply to that).
~ Rubbish threads shouldn't be sent to The Void on sight - even rubbish could have discussion potential. If a thread is failing and it's obvious then do send it to The Void. If the post is full of afohsoifasodfj then send it to The Void. But threads such as, "I'm bored" are not necessarily bad. Heck, conversation can spawn from that.
~ Get rid of the character limit - but know when things get out of hand.
~ Don't shoot threads on sight - wait and see where threads go.

Probably wondering what this is about. Well...

~ Double-posting - by allowing it, it inflates the total posts tally, and it makes it easier for everyone to add addendums or postscripts.
~ Off-topic - encourages posting and spontaneous posts
~ Rubbish threads - you'd be surprised at the amount of bullshit scatterbrained people can produce.
~ Character limit - sometimes, the best responses are one-word long. Sometimes even a smiley speaks volumes.
~ Don't shoot threads on sight - perhaps one would learn more about posters this way.

I'm basically rendering The Void redundant in a lot of aspects, but I think these would bring a huge deal of "fun" to the forums, something not really found nowadays.

I cite my Judicator thread in The Asylum as an example.*

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
agreed i got about 2 infractions from kinkarso from continuing someone elses post

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings because i'm against double-posting. What's the point of them when you can just edit your own post? It's just annoying having to scroll further. I agree with you on the off-topic posts, because pretty much every thread goes off-topic eventually.

But still, if something is a rubbish thread like Cheeze saying "I THINK LIZARDBREATH IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!", i'll definitely move it.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
DUDE WE ALREADY GOT RID OF IT AND KINKARSO SAID DOUBLE POSTING IS ALLOWED IN THE ASYLUM ITS WHY I ALWAYS DO IT THERE

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings because i'm against double-posting. What's the point of them when you can just edit your own post? It's just annoying having to scroll further. I agree with you on the off-topic posts, because pretty much every thread goes off-topic eventually.

But still, if something is a rubbish thread like Cheeze saying "I THINK LIZARDBREATH IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!", i'll definitely move it.
If you're mashing the quote button it should be fine, else don't double post.

That's pretty much how I've been posting on these forums for a the past year or so.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I wouldn't kill the rules like that so easily. Things like Trolling and Flaming need to be checked. However, a vast majority of those can be a problem depending on the person's posting habits.

I probably wouldn't red-card those kinds of rules, but it would be in best interests for users to avoid those problems.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yeah, our new "staff" are intending on making this Nazi forums again, so don't hold your breath.