This deserves its own thread - Making me a ****ing mod.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
and just a heads up, I will be setting aside a night for us to all chat live... I would have already but haven't had the nice slot of time available yet. You can all feel free to PM me though.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
and Kolossal I also have to agree that being aware of new members and welcoming them everytime we see them in a new thread is great for keeping new members to become long time members.

I am working this into scheduled notices to new members but a friendly community needs to be at the base of it. I'm glad to say I think the loyal members we have now are great for the job!

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Administrators and staff making an effort to personally and individually greet all new members has worked for me with establishing a report with new users, and user loyalty in the past. Run-on-sentence aside, it's great to do.

I have many programming contacts from previous projects. The idea of forum hosting for clans is very viable. I'm sure we all play games where we could contact clans to get them a free forum that they may be interested in.

Is there multiple threads with this title or something? I feel like something weird is going on? :/

Anyways, private messaging new members is a great touch. I know there are mods that will automatically send a private message to each new user. You may want to look into this, Austin. (Since I don't know your username and am too lazy to scroll up...I'm fairly certain it's something complicated)

I just went through the introductions forum and noticed we missed out on a lot of great potential. I've PM'd some of these members we over looked and replied to some threads. Hopefully we can get some of them back.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah, ill prolly change my username since its too complicated for people to pronounce or remember well. And the PMs and notices are rather simple to do, just involves testing for effectiveness. Our bigger problem is getting the visitors to register to begin with so we can then get them to get involved with PMs and more. I have a lot of techniques to get that done but also have got screwed over at work this week so haven't got to implement them.

And yes, there are several similiar threads going at once. We may merge them.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it may be a good idea to stream line the threads. Also, I do see quite a few registrations, but they don't stick around.

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I actually plugged an advert for clan hosting into my signature on some forums. Hopefully any clan members will associate with the BF community.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm down 100% for clan forums within BF. I think we should have a minimum requirement though of having so many people in the clan already or something. I've seen some forums do this and 70%+ of their clan forums have like 3 posts then died. It's work to create the forums so we don't want to waste the effort on 2 people clans. I believe requiring clans to have 7 members with 15+ posts on the forum would make them active in the rest of the forums as well as prove they would stick around and utilize their forums.

Also, offering free webhosting and simple site templates would be a rather simple addition to the site.

What other features could we offer?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Man I was such a douche during that time. Apparently I wasn't getting fucked enough.

And I agree, now. I was wrong. Forums are a dying platform. GG, Facebook.