This deserves its own thread - Making me a ****ing mod.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The internet isn't any better or worse, just different. We have to adapt.
Never said it was better or worse. And I basically already said that you needed to adapt, but that you needed to adapt years ago, and you didn't and that's why you're dying. I mean, I'm sure in hindsight the dinosaurs realized that they should have adapted. But now they're dead and no one gives a ****.
forums are offered as bonuses, not main attractions
Yes. Take a look at blizzforums (remember when they were a thing? and we were all like "oh **** we have to compete with blizzforums"):

Diablo Discussion - Last post 2 Weeks Ago
StarCraft Discussion - Last post 1 Hour Ago
Warcraft Discussion & Strategy - Last post 08-03-2010
World of Warcraft - Last post 4 Weeks Ago

Same. ****ing. Boat. It's almost like people are able to get gaming information through sources other than forums. You're welcome to try whatever you want to revitalize this place, but unless you're sitting on some sort of grand ingenuity here, it's gonna end up being pretty pointless. I'm not trying to discourage you; I'm just trying to be realistic. Enjoy it while it lasts, but I wouldn't go pouring yourself into something that's doomed to fail.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Perhaps you can indulge me with what you think my interests are before you say they are wrong. I'm pretty sure you have 0 idea, but you go right ahead.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
plz explain that last post a lil further

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Perhaps you can indulge me with what you think my interests are before you say they are wrong. I'm pretty sure you have 0 idea, but you go right ahead.
long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and northern renaissance art? as to why those are wrong, short walks are better, fast food, and Italian Renaissance use of linear perspective > intuitive perspective?

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wow gimme just cuz thasts what his post literally said doesnt mean you have to respond to it literallyy

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i mean werea trying to have a growndup conversation her

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
sorry cb im all kinds of befuddled if this is even real life, its been a while since I posted twice in the same thread on the same day

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
im all kinds of befuddled if this is even real life
its cool i feel like this all the time bro

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Never said it was better or worse. And I basically already said that you needed to adapt, but that you needed to adapt years ago, and you didn't and that's why you're dying. I mean, I'm sure in hindsight the dinosaurs realized that they should have adapted. But now they're dead and no one gives a ****.

Yes. Take a look at blizzforums (remember when they were a thing? and we were all like "oh **** we have to compete with blizzforums"):

Diablo Discussion - Last post 2 Weeks Ago
StarCraft Discussion - Last post 1 Hour Ago
Warcraft Discussion & Strategy - Last post 08-03-2010
World of Warcraft - Last post 4 Weeks Ago

Same. ****ing. Boat. It's almost like people are able to get gaming information through sources other than forums. You're welcome to try whatever you want to revitalize this place, but unless you're sitting on some sort of grand ingenuity here, it's gonna end up being pretty pointless. I'm not trying to discourage you; I'm just trying to be realistic. Enjoy it while it lasts, but I wouldn't go pouring yourself into something that's doomed to fail.
From my view, we need to either a) become completely focussed on providing unique and useful information (and be dedicated to that), OR, shift our focus because it isn't working, and become more of a community based forum that encourages and promotes active and *lighter* discussion in the realm of gaming.

I mean, there is no one problem -- but you made a huge point. The internet in general is quite different than it use to be..and we've never adapted. I also think you hit the nail on the head with your point on gaming information. Clearly, people get it elsewhere -- and like I said, we need to either provide a mass amount of unique (and up to date) info (which in reality, isn't going to happen), or we should turn away from that, and become more of a community that's all about chatting/discussion, without the *expectation* of providing that information.

As far as I see it..we currently have a bunch of empty, bland, generic sections on a dead forum. If people come here looking for something, chances are they aren't going to find it. And with that, all of the non-active forums aren't helping. People don't join forums like this and intend to be an active member. There's really no incentive.

So yeah..BF needs a major overhaul. At this point, there's really nothing to lose, either.

-edit, but at the same time, that creates even more questions. If you go down the community route, and overhaul things..where does that put blizzard? Is there enough to talk about, to keep up an active forum? Or do you revamp, and go down a general gaming path, and get rid of the blizzard related forums? And then with that, what does DD think. There's a lot to it, and probably several methods one could attempt. It depends on an array of things.

I guess that's why we need to get a chat together.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
CeeBee pretty much nailed it. Blizzard has websites for this sort of thing now, and all the other space has been taken over by mpoe successful forums. I think we're screwed. Also, Hi Jd-insertion @ RoaCh. xD

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh man look at that influx of members we must be doing something right whatever we were just doing we gotta replicate it

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's me. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard :O

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
That and I sent a link to this thread to everyone on my aim bf list who has signed in in the last 6 months. I propose we have this little meeting tomorrow night at midnight est. My aim screen name is still jdinflames as always, just send me a message and ill get a chat started. Even if you have no hope, come chat with is anyway. If this isn't a good time, let me know and ill adjust to your needs.

DirtyDog, be prepared, because I'm going to want a little one on one time with you in real time later this week.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Why oh god why do you have that saved? That's scary lol

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
How frightfully random. Hahahahah