The Purging of the Realms

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
J'kar stepped up to the Ian, noticing how weak he had become from the draining power of the axe. Ian started as J'kar placed his hand on his shoulder, but a reassuring smile accompanied by a sudden rush of renewed energy and vigor calmed him. Ian flexed his muscles and was astonished to discover all of his strength returned. J'kar grinned. "That's one advantage to being in a realm of fire...I have nigh-limitless supplies of energy with which to work my abilities. The same cleansing flame I bestowed upon us in the Queen's chamber is now much more powerful and much less taxing to my health. Indeed, I am already nearly fully recovered from the sorcery. Now, Ian...if you would be so kind as to project an ice/rock wall over the hole to keep our friends from joining us?"

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"Sure. Whatever keeps those hellish beings done in that hole." He focused his mind, drawing power from the axe. The rock at the edge of the hole began to flow up and over, nearly closing the hole, leaving a space nearly twenty feet wide at the top of the dome. With a dark chuckle, he drew on the water in the upper atmosphere. With all the fire, water had only one place to exist, high in the clouds. He formed the remote water into a huge chuck of ice, bringing it down into the hole, smashing into the rock prison in which the demons were trapped. With the satisfying crunch of ice on bone still echoing up from the depths, he used the axe's power to close the dome fully. "There. They may have to take some time piecing themselves back together. Even after that, they'll need to dig their way out of that. We have to get going."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
"Indeed. Now I will use some of this power to my advantage. I do not know why I was complaining earlier of my inability to affect this realm. It seems my abilities are much stronger than I thought. I think that perhaps we should all be better off flying away from this place." He looks at his team. It appears that Azrael is the only one incapable of flight, so J'kar summons up a torrent of flame energy and propels it forth at Azrael. The energy envelops him and concentrates on his back, in two spots just above his shoulderblades. The flame spreads outwards and branches out into massive wings. Azrael looks in amazement and gives them a few test-beats. J'kar grins at him and flexes his own natural wings. "All right guys...which way should we go? It looks like there's a burnt forest near here, and on the top of that mountain is what appears to be an ancient temple. The forest is likely to house Burning Legionnaires, but there is no telling what is in the temple. What do you guys think? Either way, we fly."

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"No doubt that the weapon would be in the temple. It's probably heavily guarded, however. But it's probably the best choice for now." Ian beat his wings, rising above the ground. "C'mon then. We need to get going."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
The team takes to the skies and wings towards the temple. Behind them, the Burning Legions burst out of the blocked hole in the ground and stare eerily at the flying group. They make no move to follow, as if out of respect for something in the direction that the adventurers are heading. J'kar notes this and gets an unfortunate feeling in the pit of his stomach.

They get to the temple and set down on the edge of it. The temple is set into the side of the mountain, a massive iron gate barring the descent into the mountain. Before the gate, a large onyx platform spreads out, and etched upon it is a large pentacle made of gold. In the center of the pentacle is a small column in which there are five small depressions.

((RP attempting to get into the gate. It isn't possible as yet, but it's necessary to introduce the next part. Just have your characters attempt to get in and I'll RP the results.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian walked to the column, studying the depressions. The magical training he had recieved had told him that this was obviously the key to the gateway. The five depressions, however, were more confusing. The column reminded him of the control to the portal. On a hunch, he created a small ice crystal to fit into one of the depressions. Who knows. Everything we've dealt with so far has been related to the elements. This might do something. He stepped back, hoping something would happen.

((Idea thief! You stole this from Merc's War! ......well, I don't really mind. Just...ahh, forget it. Just babbling here. Probably lack of food.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Energy hummed over the ice ball, but melted it. Apparently something else goes here.

((By the way...I meant to try the door.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian shrugged. "Hmmm, why don't we just knock?" He walked up to the door and rapped on it a few times. He heard the sound echo hollowly down whatever passage the door covered. "Well, it seems that nobody is home."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
As the echo faded, the pentagram on the floor began to glow. Energy spheres formed in the depressions in the center, and each one shot out to the point in the pentagram that they were nearest. The energy coalesced and sunk down into the points in the star pattern, then the points began to glow. There appeared small holes in the points, which grew larger until they became about head-sized. Through the holes, lava boiled up, and when a large pool had collected at each point, they formed themselves into great, serpentine beasts of flame. The lava hardened, and the adventurers were faced with five lava dragons, each about twelve feet long. The snakelike wyrms hissed and spat, the lava beneath their hardened shells sending out waves of light-bending heat. It appeared that the only way to get into the gate was to go through them...

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"Ahh, a challenge. Let's get to it then." Ian lept at one of the beasts, coming down on it with both hands. His hands passed through the hardened shell, and lava began to pour through the wound. As it touched Ian's hands, it hissed and spat as Ian's magic fought the heat. Withdrawing one hand, he cast a bolt of ice at the wound, plugging it. He withdrew his other hand, smiling as the creature roared in agony as the magical ice began freezing the lava within it. Ian was too smug, however, and the creature brought a forepaw down upon him. It began to breath fire, bathing him in heat. He threw up a barrier, desperately trying to keep the flames at bay. "A bit of help here? This is your realm, J'kar, drain it of heat or something!"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
"Well, maybe I could...although it doesn't really work that way...maybe...aha!" It dawned on him. His pyrokinesis and other flame-abilities rendered him nigh-godly in this realm. He could always manipulate flame elements why not these things?

J'kar walked confidently up to the Lava Wyrm attacking Ian and held out his left hand. The Wyrm's movements ceased as it became unable to move of its own free will. J'kar narrowed his eyes at it. "You belong to me." Another of the Wyrms flung itself at him, and without looking back he raised his other hand to face the new adversary, and it too stopped in midair. J'kar grinned and swung his hands together to clap with a great force. The two Lava Wyrms he held in place swung with his hands and smashed into each other, splattering and sizzling on the onyx battleface.

J'kar turned slowly around to face the remaining three Wyrms. "Who's next?"

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Now, were you gonna think about your manipulation powers by yourself? Not to swell my own head, but I'd like to think you got the idea from me. Anywho...))

"Keep them off me! I'm gonna try something!" Ian yelled. He kneeled on the ground, forming blades of ice around his hands. He began to drag the tips of the blades across the onyx. He didn't force the blades against the stone, he knew that he couldn't cut it. The tips of the blades left trails of ice crystals on the surface. After a few minutes of narrowly dodging bolts of fire from his position as J'kar held off the beasts, he had formed a series of concentric circles with lines cutting the entire thing into quarters. He began to etch runes along the outer rim of the largest circle. Another few minutes of dodging, and the runes were complete. Ian sagged, as if the etching had taken a great deal of energy from him. The circle began to glow, and a cold wind wipped the platform. "Take cover!" Ian shouted hoarsely. "It's gonna blow!" With that, he dove off the edge of the mountain, digging his iceblades into the rock.

((Take cover, I'll tell you all what it'll do with my next post. And trust me, you'll want to take cover. J'kar would probably get away with a protective fire shield, but the rest of you will have to get off the platform like Ian did. By the way, where are the rest of you?))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I have no idea what happened to them...I haven't talked to Kitty in forever, and Az hasn't been around much...I'll try to get ahold of them.))

J'kar encased himself in a flame barrier and leaped into the air to hover about 50 feet away from the platform, waiting to see what kind of destructive fun Ian had cooked up.

((By the way...leaping off of the platform...considering we're on a small overhang off the side of a mountain...not a good idea. Let the record be said to have had you grab Az's character and fly off like I did, and Kitty's character flew a short distance away on her griffin.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Went past edit date. Crappzorz. Aw, I'll just do it here.))

Within seconds of the adventureres leaving the platform, the icy symbol erupted into a fountain of icy shards. They flew everywhere, many coming far too close for the comfort of the heroes. The remaining three flame beasts were impaled, some shards even ripping their way through the creatures' bodies. They fell to the platform, their bodies slowly turning black as their lava blood solidified. The warriors landed,the beasts slain. "So," Ian said, breathing heavily, "what did you think of that?"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
J'kar shrugged. "It worked." He grinned and patted Ian on the back.

The beasts' corpses began to glow, and the lava they were made of shrunk into small spheres of hardened lava. J'kar collected them from around the platform where they had fallen and put them into the hollows on the central pedestal. Immediately the gate into the mountain temple rose up to allow for entry.

"Well guys. This is it. Here we go."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Well, it's not really that active...and this forum may or may not endure...tell ya what, if I get the urge to start this thing back up, I'll do it. At the moment I'm not exactly feeling super-creative, so...I haven't figured out what comes next yet. I'll figure it out soon and repost or something.))