The Official Pro Replay Thread.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This site doesn't have a Starcraft replay section. To me, that is blasphemy. I suppose I will make do with a thread (though I won't stop you from making a replay section for starcraftforums.com later!). This thread is only for professional replays of exceptionally high calibur. Feel free to add your own, however I will take it upon myself to update it frequently whenever I find new reps. Well, here I go.

If the order of the upload manager is to be trusted here are the highlights of the games 1-3.

Number one is a PVT slugfest on Blade Storm. Terran works himself up to 200 supply--something which normally spells doom for protoss--but Protoss survives with carriers and several fortitous Dark Templar. Terran macros like wild while Protoss chips away with Carrier harrass. Winner: I'm not going to tell you!

Game two is another game on bladestorm but this time a PVP. One Protoss dominates but because of the build of the map the other stays in the game. The one behind switches to carriers and mayhem ensues. A must see.

Game three is one I posted in Az's thread. It's a totally wild PVT on LT. The best of the bunch. We get see proxy firebats by terran, elevator drops by protoss, numerous tank cliff and templar raids. Totally insane. You must watch it!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
All right, all right, you can post it here. We don't have a replay section because we don't have that many users to work on that, but if you want we can work on that.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I just got done watching the last one. Some pretty funny tactics, it was good until it got near the end. Yellow ran out of minerals and couldn't expand further, and then he kept trying to harass Orange with mines and tanks, even though he had no detectors vs the DTs, and Orange had observers, destroying the mines. At that point I was thinking it was just kind of sad, and then Yellow left, so I guess he was thinking the same thing. I liked that game, although I'd be curious to see some games with professional Z players in them :)

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, if you're going to do it, I think you should do it right.

Have it so you can click the replay (topic) and automatically bring up the download window.

That's what you should be aiming for. Of course, I wouldn't have to do it so it's easy to ask for :p.

Question: Can I uploade more than 3 replays per post? Regardless, here's another couple.

Game one is the greatest game you will ever see. Dunaj uses insane Arbiter micro in this 200+ minute epic. Yes, you heard me right. It's over 200 minutes. It will make you wish you had times 64 instead of 16. Dunaj shows incredibly stamina. Great game.

Per Az's request game 2 is a TVZ. It's another great one. It's also a long one clocking in at over an hour. The unit control is really outstanding. Z shows great Dark Swarm and T counters beautifully. Killer, killer, game.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Problem with those replays, only that they are way too big. And, well, they're all standartized. I really can't see any fun in watching those replays.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
Problem with those replays, only that they are way too big. And, well, they're all standartized. I really can't see any fun in watching those replays.
You must not have watched these then. These are the wildest, craziest, most entertaining replays ever. All of them have insane (and unusal) amoutns of spells and precise control. Check them out.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I did. That's why I say what I said. I do realize those players have an excelent micro, specially what goes as hotkeyeing groups. But I still find them quite standartized, what can I say?

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
I did. That's why I say what I said. I do realize those players have an excelent micro, specially what goes as hotkeyeing groups. But I still find them quite standartized, what can I say?
I can't believe you could say that after watching these babies. Well, they're the best replays you'll find so it doesn't look good for your replay viewing career :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I said several times, I don't have a replay watching career :)

Exactly because I don't like standartized games. But that's my opinion.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is an impossible PVT win by Intotherainbow. At one point Terran has him badly outexpoed, macroed, everything. A few bad attacks with golis up a cannoned ledge evens things out. Eventually rainbow wears out the terran with carrier goon versus goli tank. Sick game.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I only like watching SC games on tv with the most enthusiased (sp) announcers :)

well? sticky it tronga :p

and I think SC should have replay section, afterall, wc section does =)

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
A replay section would be cool. AoP could mod it, since he's possibly the most addicted person to SC replays in the world :p

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, here's another two.

Park versus Vasoline is an insane PVZ. Protoss has the advantage early; expanding aggressively, but some solid crackling drops which destroy alot of Park's Gateways even things out. The game ends with nearly all the resources mined out and Vas. throwing everything at Park (including the kitchen sink) to avoid a draw (or perhaps he thought P had more minerals). Another game of great spell usage.

Bul_T vs. Iloveoov doesn't have much spell usage but is entertaining nonetheless. We get to see the #1 Kespa ranked player in the world macro like crazy from a whole bunch of expansions. We also get to see why it's often said he leaves games to early. Highlights include oov's insane checkerboard siege, massive tank number, and a profoundly foolish attack then equally ill-advised typing out by oov.

Ntrik, you live in Korea and get to watch SC? I'm so jealous :(!

Oh yeah, whatever you said isn't a word :), it's enthusiastic.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This game is a 2v2 game which was part of a clan war. To all involved the game was very important.

Watch how miraculously one marine kills a large group of tanks and vultures saving his Protoss ally from certain doom. So how do you think he did it? No dropship, no medic...? Watch and find out.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Neat rep. Here's a pretty old rep of Nal_Ra versus V-Gundam. Gundam has currently retired from professional starcraft because his nerves didn't allow him to perform to his best on the bigger stages and important matches. This pioneer of the famed gundam rush (one-two tank, two-four vult, 3-4 marines), though, uses his signature strategy to great effect forcing ra into some sloppy break attempts in which he loses goons for no reason. Ra is behind when he builds three proxy gates at 3 (gundam is at 12, ra is at 6) and he starts producing solely from those gates. Watch and enjoy

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This game is a PVT. Ra naturally choosing P while Handsfree opting for T. In this we get to see the mighty sun god rush T with four probes. Yes you read correct, Ra rushes with his first four probes (ala pumpkinhead I suppose). Watch him micro those babies and take down scvs. Who will win? You've gotta watch it to find out!

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I watched this game last night, unfortunately, it'll be the last rep I watch in awhile. It's a good PVT where T dominates the entire game where P can hardly stay in it. Through incorrigible harrass, though, the game slowly evens out. The players are Chino.pj (P) and Chino.hbq (T)

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If I remember correctly, and I sure hope I do, this is a ZVT on Gorky Island. Mondragon is Z, Shaman, is T. In this game we get to see muta/scourge versus wraith/valk, though the fight isn't even because T gets a faster expansion. In a fun and effective move T surrounds his entire main with missile turrets (it's an island). Enjoy!

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Again from memory, this game is a TVZ on Martian Cross. The players are Trek and )ToT(Brain. Trek does some funky Vulture build while Brain ling rushes. Brain nearly ends the game there, actually forcing Trek to lift his main's command center (Did I forget to mention he also early expoed) and he is forced to micro vultures like crazy. Trek holds with that impeccable micro and from then on it's a macro fest; goliath versus muta.