The Muslim religion.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Current statistics show that now in the world 30% of all people are Christian, and 19.2% are Muslim. The way the Muslim religion is growing, in the year 2025 the Muslim religion will be 30% of the world, while Christian would be a mere 21%.

Now, why this is bad. Most Muslims believe that any country that lets a woman have equal rights to be bad. They also believe in "jihad," a fair, defensive war, or if it protects your religion's rights. Now what if they keep growing at a phonomenal rate, and they decide to take over the world, and then convert the world to Muslim? I say we would have a problem on our hands. Questions, comments, or anything would be nice.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
even if that many people believe... they are so busy fightin eachother in the mideast...... what are they going to do? hell, a bunch of em couldnt take isreal, we dont got much to worry about imo.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
ummm no, a small minority believe that. Islam is in general a peacful religon.

No more violent than christianity....

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Forged is right......nowhere in the Qu'ran does it preach violence or "jihad" against other religions........Muslims even belive in Jesus (yes, he is in th Qu'ran) but in a different way.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its just that these days Islamic countries are starting to lose control. Its not a bad thing if the world is 30% Muslim, but if many of them become extreme in their views and start to align themselves with extremists then it would become a problem.

Women in the U.S. couldn't hold many positions of power until the 80's or something in the U.S. It was only in the last few decades that many men were against full women's rights in the U.S.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno.... seems to me Muslim way will work lot better for whole world, but adjustment will be needed when that happens.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Dark Blade
Now, why this is bad. Most Muslims believe that any country that lets a woman have equal rights to be bad. They also believe in "jihad," a fair, defensive war, or if it protects your religion's rights. Now what if they keep growing at a phonomenal rate, and they decide to take over the world, and then convert the world to Muslim? I say we would have a problem on our hands. Questions, comments, or anything would be nice.
Show me a source that states that most Muslims thing that women's rights are a bad thing? Outside of the Mid East Theocracies and terrorist groups, most Muslims don't practice strict Shiara Law.

And exactly what is wrong with defending your nation and religion?

Take over the world? First off, they'ld need more than just 30% of the world's population, and thy'ld need to take over complete control of America in order to do so.

And plus, what religion has the most missionaries in the world right now? Christianity, of course. If anything, they're the ones trying to take over the world.

And plus, Islam doesn't have the record of being the most violent religion in history, so, :p.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah muslim will keep growing, but rates will change just that religion is growing pretty fast right now but it will slow down. it might be 30 percent compared with the amount of people today but it'll be way less compared to how many people there will be then. It wont surpass christianity and wont christianity go up?

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
ah...tis sad how people misunderstand and misrepresent islam...

Most Muslims believe that any country that lets a woman have equal rights to be bad.
Your proof being that...? Like Spike~ said, find yourself some supporting proof.

Islam advocates various form of social equality. Islam in no way believes that males are superior to females.

also believe in "jihad," a fair, defensive war, or if it protects your religion's rights
Actually, jihad isn't war per say. Jihad comes from the base verb to 'jahid', which means to excel, or to work hard for something.
Thus, the word jihad can be used in the following contexts (and more):
Al jihad fi sabil allah (to excel in god's name)
Al jihad fi al harb (to fight in god's name)
Al jihad fi al amal (to excel in one's work)
etc...

convert the world to Muslim
gul ayuha al kafiroon (verse) la aabud ma taabudoon (verse)wala antum aabidoona ma aabud (verse) wala ana waabid ma aabadtum (verse) wala antum aabidoona ma aabud (verse) lakum diynakum wa liya diyn (verse)

Translation: Disbelievers (this encompasses people of all other religions, NOTE atheists): you've you're religion, I have mine; muslim's aren't allowed to 'force' their religion upon others. People choose.
(reference: soorat al kaafiroon (in its entirety))

Islam's teachings completely prohibit forced conversion.

oh, muslim's aren't allowed to instigate wars either (as implied by the following hadith):
'man gatala muaahidan falan yurih bi raihat al janah'
(I've quoted the above from memory, so I can't remmember the exact reference)
translation: those (as in muslims) who kill followers of other religions shall never even smell heaven.

Oh, there 'are' more direct verses and hadiths I could have used to illustrate my point, but I can't really remmember them all and would've been forced to either paraphrase em' or look em' up.

Forged is right......nowhere in the Qu'ran does it preach violence or "jihad" against other religions........Muslims even belive in Jesus (yes, he is in th Qu'ran) but in a different way.
Yep, you're right. Jesus is referred to as "eesa" (you'll have to take my word on that it sounds really similar if you pronounce the Arabic version correctly)...and the bible is referred to as the 'injeel'... and yes, Muslims do believe that Jesus was indeed a prophet of god (but not the 'son' of god per se, though we do also believe that mariam's conception of Jesus was a miracle)

Its just that these days Islamic countries are starting to lose control.
Sadly, you're right. Its not that they're losing any political control, its that they're starting to move away from Islam. I would no longer categorize any country as an 'islamic' country. Any real 'islamic' country would have to ban alcohol, cigs, pig related products, a whole lot of other stuff. Every single frigin country that calls itself 'islamic' doesn't. Those who claim to be muslim seem to be destroying the foundations of their own religion.

even if that many people believe... they are so busy fightin eachother in the mideast...... what are they going to do? hell, a bunch of em couldnt take isreal, we dont got much to worry about imo.
Actually, the quraan prophesizes that Israel will be liberated of Israeli control. (i know ive read it somewhere, but i dunno where, the quraan isn't exactly short)

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by amrtin77
They would unite against a common enemy. The only difference between the two types of Muslims is that the Sunni accepted the Umayyads as rulers, but the Shiite only believe that true descendants of Ali to be able to become ruler of Islam.

Originally posted by Spike
And plus, Islam doesn't have the record of being the most violent religion in history, so, :p.

I never say they were the most violent. They just believe in war that defends that religion.

http://www.themodernreligion.com/jihad.html

http://www.themodernreligion.com/women/w_roles_ideals.htm

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If their was any religion to you would fear might pull something like that, it would be the hindus would it not? they've got over a billion following that religion don't they? (i know in india alone they have 800+ million)

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by ~Canuck~
If their was any religion to you would fear might pull something like that, it would be the hindus would it not? they've got over a billion following that religion don't they? (i know in india alone they have 800+ million)
That flies right in the face of all Hindu teachings.

And Dark, Christians are infamous for waging war to protect their religion. A military Jihad is nother more than defending you nation and religion from attackers that would seek to detroy those things. Maybe me, but what's so wrong with that?

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Dark Blade
Current statistics show that now in the world 30% of all people are Christian, and 19.2% are Muslim. The way the Muslim religion is growing, in the year 2025 the Muslim religion will be 30% of the world, while Christian would be a mere 21%.

You wrong my freind, first most Islam is in its original state a non aggresive religion, Osama is a traitor of his own faith. Second most Muslims are weak middle aged people who dont eat much and pray the whole day from the sunrise to sunset. Third almost every Muslim country is so screwed up that they just cant make weapons for their armies, so unless they would like to try to conquer the world using sticks and stones i dont think they will attack. Third, Asian people are 2/3 of earths population, they have enough military power to at least try to attack yet they dont, most of them are communist so they hate so called "free world" yet they dont attack.

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Spike~

And Dark, Christians are infamous for waging war to protect their religion. A military Jihad is nother more than defending you nation and religion from attackers that would seek to detroy those things. Maybe me, but what's so wrong with that?
O i know it goes against their whole philosophy n stuff, i was just pointing out that they out number muslims somehting like 4-5:1

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Spike~

Oh, infamous are they. Have you heard of the crusades comrade Spike?

MacMan

Reaction score
Mkay, first off, the religion is Islam, "submission to God," those who follow it are muslim, "one who submits." Islam itself dominated the world around the 500 years ago, the state of Islam was one of the most powerful in the world, and the religion was in Europe, Africa, and parts of Asia. It's funny how no one relalizes that...

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well thanks for the history lessen, but are'nt we talking about now? I would'nt call 2 continents dominating though. I did'nt anyone denying see that they did have a lot of the world.

MacMan

Reaction score
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Well thanks for the history lessen, but are'nt we talking about now? I would'nt call 2 continents dominating though. I did'nt anyone denying see that they did have a lot of the world.
Islam dominated two continents, which at the time was enough to dwarf the other religions. People think Islam is a bad thing because the only thing they ever see of it is extremist shariah law.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MacMan
Mkay, first off, the religion is Islam, "submission to God," those who follow it are muslim, "one who submits." Islam itself dominated the world around the 500 years ago, the state of Islam was one of the most powerful in the world, and the religion was in Europe, Africa, and parts of Asia. It's funny how no one relalizes that...
First of all Muslim did not dominate the world around the 500 years ago.
In North america and Europe, it was Catholic and all other religions that i dunno the name, and in East Asia, (i.e. Japan, Korea, China, etc..) its Budihism or no religion at all. Its funny how YOU did not realize that...

and yea.. i dun think Muslim is bad at all, rather i think its better than Catholic. :D however, i think there should be some adjustment so that whole world can adept it.