The Metal Thread

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i listen to FUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR they arnt emo they are thrash metal so STFU

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Emo is a term so overused now no one really knows what the **** it is. It wasn't about lyrics. It was an offshoot from Hardcore. Emo was defined around the bands that sang in a fashion that tried to connect with and make the audience feel what the singer was feeling.

Now it is used for anything about angst, and it mirrors the 90s that was "goth" when everything that was kinda out there was called Goth.

Also Metal is a genre which is focused on Heavy guitar and Drums, not the singer, which is why the singer can do whatever the **** he wants to and it is still metal.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I personally like the older bands. Black sabbeth, Led Zepplin, Metallica etc.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
Singing =/= Metal
jenny you stupid woman stfu

metal emphasises musicianship instead of vocals and all your ****ty vocals in RnB and pop are ****ing **** anyway. hell there are very few REAL vocalists around these days i havent heard one, NOT ONE good vocalist in mainstream music.

listen to panteras cemetary gates. you are a stupid fool

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
jenny you stupid woman stfu

metal emphasises musicianship instead of vocals and all your ****ty vocals in RnB and pop are ****ing **** anyway. hell there are very few REAL vocalists around these days i havent heard one, NOT ONE good vocalist in mainstream music.

listen to panteras cemetary gates. you are a stupid fool
Vocals are essential in music that isn't a genre without vocals. If you suck at singing then nobody likes your band. Don't even act like Metal is the end all genre. I've heard better guitarists and drummers outside and vocalists. I mean it's kind of sad when your instruments have to drown out your vocalist to make the song remotely tolerable. Don't get me wrong, I like some metal, but most of it sucks. All of its sub genres are even worse. I also wouldn't hate on Pop when the greatest musician to ever live, Madonna, is the epitomy of music.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
LOL MADONNA! THE EPITOME OF LIP SYNCING AND BLONDNESS! AHAHAHAHHAHA. michael jackson pwns her so bad and hes a pedo

metal places emphasis on guitars and drums. its not about the vocals. some songs dont even have vocals. the screaming vocals, on the bands that scream, are so it fits the music better.

ofc there are better musicians outside the genre there are still lots of good musicians in that genre. try top dream theatre as a band in terms of musicianship. they have immense musicianship.

ha madonna. you make me rofl.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Impossble to really truly compare genres... but still, wtf Madonna? wtf. You could pic ten cunts off the street that sing better. Really?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
LOL MADONNA! THE EPITOME OF LIP SYNCING AND BLONDNESS! AHAHAHAHHAHA. michael jackson pwns her so bad and hes a pedo

metal places emphasis on guitars and drums. its not about the vocals. some songs dont even have vocals. the screaming vocals, on the bands that scream, are so it fits the music better.

ofc there are better musicians outside the genre there are still lots of good musicians in that genre. try top dream theatre as a band in terms of musicianship. they have immense musicianship.

ha madonna. you make me rofl.
Madonna has never lip synched. Prove me wrong. She is the queen of pop. She's much more famous than any metal band for a reason. You're silly because you're blind and biased towards music genres. I've already said I like some metal and acknowledged that not all of them are ****ty bands, but most are. Screaming vocals and grunts are the worst. Pretty much all new metal is bad.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
led zeppelin are heavy metal / hard rock and im sure they are more known than madonna

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
"Madonna – best (expletive) live act?" he sputtered. "(Expletive) off. Since when has lip-syncing been live? Anyone who lip-syncs in public on stage when you pay (about $169 per ticket) to see them should be shot."

John, who was apparently unaware that some tickets for Madonna's recent tour cost up to $800 each, then quipped that he would be booted off her Christmas card list: "But do I give a toss? No."

Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, responded: "Madonna does not lip-sync, nor does she spend her time trashing other artists. She sang every note of her Re-Invention tour live and is not ashamed that she was paid well for her hard work."

Eager to help out, Madonna's actor friend, Rupert Everett, came to her defense, in a manner. "Madonna sings everything she can sing," Rupert told reporters in England. "But, if she goes into a dance routine, she's got to dance; you can't breathe and dance and sing at the same time."

Since Madonna danced through the majority of songs on her Re-Invention tour, which bypassed San Diego, Everett's comments don't exactly bolster the case for her singing live. (For the record, James Brown, Tina Turner and many other gifted artists are living proof that you can simultaneously sing and dance – if you're talented enough).
Madonna needs a Live Aid Band-Aid | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Heaven Shall Burn, etc. I like newer thrash metal, and black/some death metal the most.

Cobalt Wolf

New & improved!
Reaction score
@Jenny; Popular doesn't mean it's good. Few examples: Christianity, The Gap clothing, Ford vehicles.
Radio station DJs don't get to play what they want to any longer. They play what they are told to.

haiduk

Reaction score
Website
www.haiduk.ca
blackened death metal solo project HAIDUK returns with a crushing new release!
“DEMONICON”!

metal crypt [4/5]
metal-rules [4/5]
brutalism [5/5]
canadian beats [5/5]
bravewords [8/10]
blackened death [8/10]
metal trenches [9/10]
pest webzine [8.5/10]

Album Available At:
http://www.haiduk.ca