Tell me what you observe

Tuxedo Templar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
These aren't anything overtly complicated (4-5 triggers each), but interesting nonetheless. Tell me what you see going on. I'll have some more coming soon.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Well tux, in the first one, i rekon thats a great idea, i really like that, so simple yet so effective, but you need an anti ally trigger going with that.

And in the second one, i saw what i expected, the hyper makes the preserve trigger about 1-2 seconds late which is what usually happens (I had 2 add preserve trigger)

Tuxedo Templar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmm, lemme dbl check the map, I just cooked it up in like 30 seconds...

Blah, forget it, I'll just outline what's going on: The first map shows how setting the alliance settings for P3 affects a P12 building (formerly owned by P3). The second map shows how hyper triggers that do NOT belong to P1 still transmit their effects to P1 (hence the rapid exploder). The beacon is just there to activate a transmission, showing that a wait blocker is running while the hyper trigger event is still in effect! (or at least, it's supposed to. I'll bring in my other map from home that actually works if that one I cooked up just now doesn't.)

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Erm tux
The second map shows how hyper triggers that do NOT belong to P1 still transmit their effects to P1
course it does, i never make my triggers for humans, my triggers are always on computers because i do hyper differently

Tuxedo Templar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok then that was obvious. Most people think the player actually has to own the hypers to receive the effects of it. But it brings up the question of how, exactly, do hyper triggers (or rather wait blockers in general) work? Why is it that one player's trigger activations are affected by another's wait blockers?

Discuss! (and yes, I know why, but I'm not telling ;))

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Because b.net stuffed up when they made the timing in Sc Editor

It's not rational if u have a wait trigger with presserve and u use another one, for them 2 mess each other up now is it? So it's a big big mistake dats bout it

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]The first one is strange, and the second one I don't quite understand... The explosion doesn't go away even when the wraiths stop dieing, is that my computer or is that supposed to happen?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Dang Tux, I have no clue to the answer of that question..

Wouldnt you have the hyper trigger set to all players, tho? What would happen if you only set it to, say, player 1?

ShaftedTwice

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Shafted, you only need it on 1 player for it to work for all players in the game. You guys use 0ms hyper i used a different hyper and i can't make it for n e human players because it would make the game impossible to play. So it works for all players

MacMan

Reaction score
Viva la hyper switches!!

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Originally posted by Tuxedo Templar
Ok then that was obvious. Most people think the player actually has to own the hypers to receive the effects of it. . . .
I don't think most people think anything about them. They simply have no idea how it works.

Originally posted by MacMan
Viva la hyper switches!!
Oh Crap the stupid switch theory. Your theory has less proof than "Viva la big bang"

MacMan

Reaction score
I still remember trying to prove how switches were instant to you... but I ended up showing you some p.o.s. that didn't work at all. I know how the triggers work, I just messed up that one time :D.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Originally posted by ShaftedTwice
Dang Tux, I have no clue to the answer of that question..

Wouldnt you have the hyper trigger set to all players, tho? What would happen if you only set it to, say, player 1?

ShaftedTwice
No Shafted, Hyper triggers of course are composed of many waits, every time a single wait is fired the current trigger is put on hold and all the other triggers are checked and carried out, The triggers compleat the loop though all the players triggers. Just as it would in normal trigger order. Thus of course when you have many waits, it just repeats this loop many many times. Thus the actual trigger round never ends.

Haveing a hyper trigger In effect for more than one player "ie all players" is pretty much useless, Other than the fact that it makes it last slightly longer. (easy counter acted with a few more copys of the trigger). The only thing it does do is make unesseccary wait blocks that could be easly avoided.

- Mac Man, you can't prove it even if you tried again. There not more "instant" than set resources or deaths or custom score or flag units. What you are actually doing is taking advantage of basic "hyper effect" of a single wait and isolateing a trigger with a switch to fire during that time. The switch is just your tool to ensure proper fire order incase you miscalculate it.

MacMan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bolt Head
- Mac Man, you can't prove it even if you tried again. There not more "instant" than set resources or deaths or custom score or flag units. What you are actually doing is taking advantage of basic "hyper effect" of a single wait and isolateing a trigger with a switch to fire during that time. The switch is just your tool to ensure proper fire order incase you miscalculate it.
We'll just leave it at that. You're correct with the proper fire order, that's exactly why I use them. I just find that they are easier to control and can be built around the game, instead of having to build the game around the hypers by making certain sacrifices.