T~ Do you use Nukes?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Sakuhta
I also nuke the actual army, but a little in front of it. For some reason no one ever looks there, they always jump to looking at their CC's, Nexus, or Hatchery. Then they either lose their army, or move it and they lose a vital defensive spot so I move in.
ROFL, even most pubbies aren't THAT incompetent.

skyglow2[cW]

Reaction score
If you're playing agianst a terran whos not so good, then simply lock him down with a set upo at his choke and around his base. THen if he has stupidly huge d then nuke it. Always fun to watch.

skyglow1

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yes. Going all Nukes in a 4v4 Team Game is really fun, start a rokus with your 3 allies forces, then plant the nukes as everyones fighting.

My group had Carriers, Corsairs, and Goliaths, and Wraith/BC's, and massive Guardian/Devourers. They couldn't see the ghosts, so in and out. BOOM!

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Do you use Nukes?

Originally posted by Ilija
It might look pretty but it is a very unrealistic tactic condisidering the resouces and time involved. I'll use it when I see a LOT of photons/sunkens...etc. So, do you use it?
Only if you want to risk humiliating yourself or humiliating your opponent. If you've just half destroyed his base, and he's moved to an island without much defense or detection. I suggest you nuke his brains out; I bet he'll tap alt+q,q before the nukes drop... kkkkk

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not to go off topic, but what does alt+q do.?

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Not to go off topic, but what does alt+q do.?
Quit mission/Surrender, tap Q again to confirm...

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea..

Actually I played a 2v2 LT game last night and one of the opponents nuked ALOT. He had 3 or 4 nuclear silos I noticed on the replay.-

And right after he had secured his choke in the beginning he teched up to ghosts, then just waited around for 300 gas or whatever it costs to get a nuke heh. Btw he was good at nuking...getting off like 2-3 nukes at the same time. Kinda hard to avoid..

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Post the replay, I'm curious.

And the nuke is 200 minerals and 200 gas.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
madball, let's see that replay. and for the record, we were discussing 1v1. at least I think we were.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
bah i never servive long enough for me to nuke :(

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok yea true, 1v1 it was..but still it was pretty cool. I will find it in my humongous replay folder lol be back in couple minutes,...

ok well i found it, but I dunno how to "post" it, I have no webserver or anything...hm?

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
Well...lately I have been playing with Tronga...and the one time I was terran, I got nukes, casue Tronga lets you develop normally...he is damn good. But anyways...I got a nuke off, by finding a vulnerable gap in his defense, after a couple failed attempts...just ask him ;)

I always try to get nukes, I never tech to it, but when I get far enough in the game, I always tget a nuclear silo. I will build a couple ghosts to nuke. Thing to remember is even with cloaked units, a smart player will have detectors, so you always have to make sure you cleverly infiltrate their base, and finding a good spot to launch it, because normally someone will move a detector or two around, trying to find and kill the ghost.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
It was annyoing, tronga had about 9 groups of hydra's, I was soooo close yto nuking them back to hell, but nooooo, he had to bring a ol aacross the map the second it said "Nuke detected"

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok jhere is the replay I mentioned. Its a 2v2 game, I am Strat0varius. and the nuking guy is below me. Have fun!

dP

Member!
Reaction score
when i feel like it, i get about 10 nukes and bomb people. sometimes i bomb my allies...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I don't because a real player isnt that dumb, and when your facing TvZ, you will obviously get spotted if an overlord finds you and has some units to destroy it with. I use it mostly against computer teams. I'd nuke the outside of my defense to get rid of the units that are causing me lag or doing nothing but sitting there.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
I don't use Ghosts for much except lockdown against protoss or terrans. But when I do nuke, I usually fire multiple ones in different locations so it's harder to ferret them out. Usually I just use seige tanks with scanner sweeps instead of nukes.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
I agree that could work better. You can move them if you need to, use them again and again, and target specific units. Not to mention they're incredibly cheaper, and have sick range.

Long live Siege Tanks.