Starcraft 2: Yay or nay?

How do you think Starcraft 2 will turn out?

• Total voters

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
With the new information regarding starcraft 2 being shown at blizzcon, we can all get an idea of how the game is progressing so far. As of now, do you think starcraft 2 is going to be better than the original, or maybe it will be a failure.. Or it might just slide on by as a mediocre game.

What are your thoughts?

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Despite game play, I really cannot wait to see the Storyline. How they will improve on what was already so great is a hard task. I wasn't too excited about the SCG story line. Maybe this will prove a little more exciting. I'm glad that we have new friends coming and we are going to meeting some old ones too.
Will Kerrigan get her comeupins? We'll fine out. Will Jimmy die? Who knows! I'm more than excited to find out.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As of right now, I'm undecided. I'm afraid P might get the short end of the stick in terms of balance like its predecessor. In the direction this game's going right now, it will be another newb terrancraft. Especially, if Blizzard listens to fans from various other SC2 boards.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
They won't make protoss any underpowered in any way. That isnt the way the protoss was designed. You're seeing a game in Pre-Alpha. already the protoss roster has shifted signifcantly since Blizzard invitational. We got alot of time to go.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't have alot of faith in Blizzard the way others do after dealing with years of complaining about P << Z imbalance and nothing was done about it so you'll understand if I don't take your word for it. Blizzard already nerfed psi-storm.... again in terms of aoe.(In SC2, btw) Doesn't show much confidence.

Saint

Member!
Reaction score
If anything it will at least be more graphic, and look better. but basically the same game, with a little bit of new stuff. so if it just the same game but enhanced, witch is like the worst out come sorta, thats still better then the original. i dont think this will be like another AOE 3.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
It's about the same as WC1 with better units.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
As of right now, I'm undecided. I'm afraid P might get the short end of the stick in terms of balance like its predecessor. In the direction this game's going right now, it will be another newb terrancraft. Especially, if Blizzard listens to fans from various other SC2 boards.
lol it sure is. Good call.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I don't have alot of faith in Blizzard the way others do after dealing with years of complaining about P << Z imbalance and nothing was done about it so you'll understand if I don't take your word for it. Blizzard already nerfed psi-storm.... again in terms of aoe.(In SC2, btw) Doesn't show much confidence.
In retrospect this makes me LOL so hard.

Psi storm, the strongest AOE spell in the game on the best caster in the game.

it's me imp4c

Reaction score
Protoss Weak!? Say it to OgsMC aka Min Chul winner of GSL 3 and say it to NexGenius aka winner of Blizzcon 2010

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Protoss Weak!? Say it to OgsMC aka Min Chul winner of GSL 3 and say it to NexGenius aka winner of Blizzcon 2010
Yeah just cause he won but look how many protoss made it to gsl? I don't even know it was ridiculously low though. I think only one in the ro8 and maybe two in the ro13 ?

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
for gsl right now it's 8 terrans 4 protoss and 2 zergs.

There has always been a terran in the finals.

OGSMC is just good too good that's all there is too it. He literally makes his own strats for the race and people steal them. He's probably the only one who does this. If his protoss skilled was the same with any other race he'd also dominate

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Ugh but look at new patch, cheap obs. Also I could show you what templars do do to my bioball ala Diamond match. Lots of protoss reach the final, but really the game is relatively balanced.