Starcraft 2 Could Be Realeased Same Time As Ghost!?!?!?!?

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Blizzard Entertainment's Bill Roper, in an interview with Gamespy:

The work on StarCraft: Ghost doesn’t impact the World of Warcraft team. It doesn’t impact what the Warcraft III team is doing next. It doesn’t preclude us from doing anything else in the StarCraft universe. We certainly don’t see StarCraft: Ghost as being something that replaced StarCraft II. It’s just as likely that StarCraft II will be released at the same time as Ghost. We had two Warcraft teams working at the same time. I think it’s a difficult thing to look at. We even see big assumptions based on our web site. We’ll pull something off and people will go, "Oh my God, they pulled material from the web site. Now the game is being delayed!"

I put emphisis on "It’s just as likely that StarCraft II will be released at the same time as Ghost". Its not for sure, but does this mean blizzard may be currently making SC2???????

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Bill Roper was using StarCraft II as an example... No one is so stupid as to release that sort of information on a game that the company has not even announced the production of yet.

He also wanted to see the replies of people who had no idea he was using SCII as an example, and laugh at their stupidity.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I didn't think it was gonna be like that. Why would Vlizzard be stupid enough to release that kinda info on a game they havent even announced yet and besides that they would probaly hold the game back a year after they announced it because of the suspension, which will get them crazy pre-orders.
But then again I can be wrong, but also it really don't matter to me what they do.

I play their games and they make them.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
It was just trying to use an example to try and emphisize to people that Starcraft: Ghost is seperate from Starcraft 2. In reality, it's bullshit and the truth is that, thanks to starcraft: ghost, i'm willing to bet that starcraft 2 won't be out for atleast another couple of years...

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by SkuZZy
It was just trying to use an example to try and emphisize to people that Starcraft: Ghost is seperate from Starcraft 2. In reality, it's bullshit and the truth is that, thanks to starcraft: ghost, i'm willing to bet that starcraft 2 won't be out for atleast another couple of years...
Agreed. I just thought it was interesting, the thought that Blizzard could be making SC2 right now. Even if they are, they won't announce it for a year

P

Protoss7000

StarcraftII-Starcraft:Ghost

I think it is highly unlikely for Blizzard to release both games out at the same time. I mean what would be the point? If u really think about it, they would make more money by selling them at different times. Since Starcraft ghost is coming out around Semptember, 2003, Starcraft II should come out later or earlier than that because then we'll all have ask ourselves, "Now, should i by Starcraft II, or Starcraft:Ghost? Starcraft II would be cool cause it be be like the old one, but on the otherhand, Starcraft:Ghoost would be a preety sweet third-pearson shooter" see what i mean?

Wolfie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree

I think that Releasing one Product at one time and then another at a later date would make them more money, which is why blizzard is around.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I think you must be refering to that post I made earlyer. UR right that they wouldn't release both games simultaniously, but they could still be developing them at the same time.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Re: StarcraftII-Starcraft:Ghost

Originally posted by Protoss7000
I think it is highly unlikely for Blizzard to release both games out at the same time. I mean what would be the point? If u really think about it, they would make more money by selling them at different times. Since Starcraft ghost is coming out around Semptember, 2003, Starcraft II should come out later or earlier than that because then we'll all have ask ourselves, "Now, should i by Starcraft II, or Starcraft:Ghost? Starcraft II would be cool cause it be be like the old one, but on the otherhand, Starcraft:Ghoost would be a preety sweet third-pearson shooter" see what i mean?
I couldntve said it better myself. But what i want 2 know. It why they chose 3rd-person instead of first. I personally rather 1st over 3rd any day! Half-life for example. Great game! And its 1st person. And so are many successfull shooters

I cant say ive heard many 3rd person shooters get too far. Except metal gear solid (theres more. but i aint posting them)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
jk all dont worry bout me im renzokukens friend and i managed to get his pass. so dont worry bout me. lol this is kool but i cant get registered. grrrrrrr:(