• FIRE

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Angelicpower

Member!
Reaction score
Website
femininestrength.spaces.live.com
Going to be making a fire sorc but was wondering which sorc people found to be the best..I have 2 young sorc...cold and lightening..they are so-so at this point..so please cast your vote and give feedback if you have important info about the sorc :wavey

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
all the same really.

lets say...

fire mastery increases the dmg by 200% to 3000 dmg and lets say the monster has 50% fire res

it will only do 1500 dmg..

lets say your cold res pierces 100%, and they have 50% cold res also... and your doing 1000 dmg

you would also, in effect do 1500 dmg.

ak0n

Member!
Reaction score
Lightening is good for PvP and MFing because there aren't many lightning resist bosses and minions. The only bad thing about it is the 1 damage minimum.

bbags

Member!
Reaction score
mine is 75 minimum

Kilz

Member!
Reaction score
My favorite isnt in the poll. I like metorb sorcs. Good for mf'ing all over. I love to drop metors on Meph. But im thinking of making a lightning sorc for boting and dueling.

Mongyu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Myspace.Com
Well.. these are my experience on a 1-10 scale.

Fire:
-Andy (10)
-Countess (2)
-Meph (5)
-Pindle (10)

Cold:
-Andy (6)
-Countess (2)
-Meph (10)
-Pindle (10)

Light:
-Andy (5)
-Countess (10)
-Meph (5)
-Pindle (10)

It all kinda balances itself out.. Or if you meant PVP, Blizz sorc are top. Fire ballers and light sorcs have to know how to aim.

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
ak0n said:
Lightening is good for PvP and MFing because there aren't many lightning resist bosses and minions. The only bad thing about it is the 1 damage minimum.
Lightning especially is too easily resisted in pvp. GA, Tgods, or lo runes with good stacked resist - and add in the low min, and you have one low damage sorceress.

My vote goes for cold in pvp
Hybrids for pvm

(d2)baaldead

Member!
Reaction score
no matter how many times i say this no one beleaves me or they wont listen. why does everyone think cold sorcs are so good they dont do good damage i mean they do ok damage but nothing that good but still everyone thinks there the best sorcs outher it makes me so mad. fire and light sorcs are alot better i preffer the light sorcs cause they do more damage. and yes i know orb is good for (mf) groups, so..... bosses are what drop the good stuff and orb doesent do anything to them i mean sure it will in nightmare or like countess and maybe andy but not for like d and baal.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i like lightning teh best
dont ned to aim to much

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
(d2)baaldead said:
no matter how many times i say this no one beleaves me or they wont listen. why does everyone think cold sorcs are so good they dont do good damage i mean they do ok damage but nothing that good but still everyone thinks there the best sorcs outher it makes me so mad. fire and light sorcs are alot better i preffer the light sorcs cause they do more damage. and yes i know orb is good for (mf) groups, so..... bosses are what drop the good stuff and orb doesent do anything to them i mean sure it will in nightmare or like countess and maybe andy but not for like d and baal.
The problem is people are argueing two different worlds...

pvp amd pvm

Cold is great in pvp because most idiots cant stack against cold mastery.
You need a little more raw damage in pvm. Although hybrids are better than anything in pvm.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I've been using Nova Sorcs since 1.06.

I ****ing win.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
i have made 1 of each of the 3 sorcs, and i'd have to say that i liked my blizz sorc the best of the 3. Fire was good, but it was lacking in damage because it was beginning of ladder and I didn't have good gear to use. If I had equal gear (full tals for example) I could give a better opinion of each. My vote is for the cold sorc though.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
ANGEL ARE U BEING PVP OR PVM.. IF U TELL US WE CAN HELP U

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
(d2)baaldead said:
ya if your talking about pvp ive been talking about pvm and nova sorcs just wont cut it in pvm.
i win : )
Now a days, sorta. Not really, they are still very viable. Just not as much as others because they're like melee characters.

In the days of cowportals, nova sorcs (expecially mine) could totally destory a whole cow run full of 8 people within 3 minutes.

So please, don't tell me that Nova Sorcs wont cut it PVM