Run Warcraft III in WideScreen!

TosheX

Reaction score
Can someone please attach some screenshots of how the game looks on a wide screen when it's stretched and how it looks on a regular screen, and then one screenshot of how it looks with the settings in the guide applied please. I am thinking of buying a new pc and I'm in a dilema of weather I should get a 4:3 or a wide screen - and Warcraft (DotA) will play a good part in the decision.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The problem is: It depends on the monitor's size.

So its hard to see what it may look like.

TosheX

Reaction score
Yea, but what I mean is, everyone here that tried id confirms that it does not stretch the 4:3 display into 16:9 or 16:10, but instead it uses a widescreen resolution and adds a bit of more visible area on the sides - right?

VanillaGorilla

Troubleshooter. Shoot that trouble!
Reaction score
Yes, its not a stretch setting. It's actually a resolution setting and widens the overall image. So yes, playing DOTA in widescreen will produce more to see. I find it looks much better on a monitor that can do 1680 x 1050 seeing as that is the "high-def" resolution of 16:10 monitors.

whanno

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to install it but when I run the exe and I try to install Net Framework it says it can't open the filetype .application...

Any ideas?

VanillaGorilla

Troubleshooter. Shoot that trouble!
Reaction score
You can get the .Net framework the windows updates. You just need to get the custom updates instead of the express ones. The included .Net framework with the .exe is just to make sure you have it.

Try that and see how it goes. If not, just try running regedit and changing the settings without installing the .Net framework.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
You can download .NET Framework from Microsoft's site.

Or if you have Visual Studio, it comes with it.

whanno

Reaction score
Got it now, but the image is stretched... what did I do wrong?
I thought the "additional" pixels in width would be filled up with additional landscape and stuff. But instead the previous image is just streched in width... that sucks... What did i do wrong? Or did I just missunderstood what this tool does?

J

JakeCake26

OMG, sorry, forgot this thread completely, I have this much more updated version, the old one is totaly crap, after my opinion

Here you go, this will do everything you need, just click "Ok" :patriot:

-> Download the .zip attacment
-> Extract the .exe file (only one)
-> Run the file
-> Click "Ok" to the dialog and your set :D

Sorry for not posting this earlier :acclaim

Attachments

J

JakeCake26

Btw, feedback would be great :)
And Why is that I that I can't edit #0 post? I kinda want' to change the file to the latest more updated one, insteed of that old piece of **** it is now!

Zoidenberger

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I just downloaded this under the impression that the in-game graphics would not be stretched. Sadly, this is not the case. The game still looks horrid on my 16:9 widescreen. But for what it's worth, your program is very easy to use...it just...doesn't fix the stretch issue.

aubreyo

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Jake, I just downloaded your program and it works!! WC3 is fully 1680X1050 resolution and my dual monitor doesn't get distorted anymore

Thank you so much!

plasticpervert

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
+1 , same as above , works perfect for 1680 :)

p.s last time i used windowmode stretched to fullscreen like

korea

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WOW! thanks man, ive been playing this game forever and I never knew I could run it in wide screen. That was the most annoying part of the game.

EnergyStorm

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i have old 17" lcd monitor and i play every game in 1280x1024 best resolution ever. :)

_WaRLoRD_

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I LOVE YOU. i was so shitty playing on my laptop with this bad image on my 1400x900 screen. now i can finnaly play with the settings to make the game look great w00t.

ShaolinMilk

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I thought it was going to be something out of this world! Simple, yet very effective. Good job!

nokie100

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
NICE. now i can use this to Easily Creep kill and deny in dota. thx very much
really useful in Warcraft III

Frinix

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
My Warcraft 3 bugs on 4:3 resolution on my widescreen, so I have to play on widescreen... ^^