Recent Downtime - Upcoming Contest!

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hi Everyone,

There was around 16 hours of down time just now, and I apologize. I was up till 4 in the morning trying to get the site transfered, and spent all of this morning working on it with my host. Anyways, it's finally finished, and everything is working perfectly. If you haven't noticed, the site is 5x faster than before. Enjoy!

Okay, so who am I exactly? I am the new admin and will be taking over to make sure BattleForums is more of a community forum than ever before. Don't worry, I'm here to try to satisfy as many people as possible.

My name is Donny. I live in Vancouver, BC, and am the owner of a similar website, CreepColony.com (you might have heard of it before). I have administrated many large forums in the past, and have a general idea of what to do, and what not to do.

As the new guy here, I really don't know my way around, so if you happen to have any questions, comments, or suggestions at all (keep'em polite please ;)), please let me know here in this thread, or via PM.

Ok, I know a new admin is usually bad news.... but a Contest?!?

That's right. In the next few days, I will begin a brand new video contest to stir things up a bit, and to officially introduce myself to the community. I will not disclose any specific contest information until it officially starts, however, expect some amazing prizes, including a $100 Amazon Gift Certificate to purchase anything you want!

Again, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let me know!

Thank you,
Donny

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It must be an anagram of some sort.

*ehm*

Krona Ski
Oak Rinks
Okra Skin
Okra Inks
Okra Sink
Okras Kin
Okras Ink
Oaks Rink
Soak Rink
Ark Oinks
Ark Ikons
Arks Oink
Arks Ikon
Ran Kiosk
Oar Kinks
Oars Kink
Soar Kink
A Kinks Or
A Kirk Son
A Kirk Nos
A Kirks No
A Kirks On
Ark Kin So
Ark Ink So
Ark Ski No
Ark Ski On
Ska Kin Or
Ska Ink Or
Ska Irk No
Ska Irk On
Ask Kin Or
Ask Ink Or
Ask Irk No
Ask Irk On
An Kirk So
As Kink Or
As Kirk No
As Kirk On

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
how the hell did we get you?

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
We're feeling strangely confused, given the string of admins the forum has been handed around like a pass the parcel game. Any chance of letting us know why you're interested in us?

- Amantis

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Alright, let's see. I currently run a 7 year old StarCraft website (search for StarCraft on google. It's the 10-11th result) and absolutely love the game. I was offered this forum, and after taking a good look at it, I just see so many things that is 'out of place', and so much improvement to be made. I have administrated many large forums in the past, and I know I can take battleForums further than it is now.

Being an open minded administrator, I believe I can satisfy as many people as possible. That is, after all, my job here at BattleForums.com. With that said, if you do have any suggestions for change, please let me know.

Thank you,
Donny

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
uh....forgive me for being a pessimist but your just the next in a long line of failured first impressions of an admin

bribing the forumers??? I'd think for someone as well spoken and polite like you would find a better way to interest the active population

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
uh....forgive me for being a pessimist but your just the next in a long line of failured first impressions of an admin

bribing the forumers??? I'd think for someone as well spoken and polite like you would find a better way to interest the active population
Sorry, I really don't see that as bribing. However, take it as you will, I am simply trying to introduce myself to the community through a simple contest. There really isn't any better way to do it that I can think of.

I completely understand the situation; what the forum went through, and the past administrators. I understand that the first step to becoming a successful administrator would surely be to earn my member's trust. I promise you that I will take the initiative to make sure good does come to BattleForums.com, and if there are changes, they will be for the better.

Thank you,
Donny

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
ok so lets hear the story...are you intending on posting an introduction so we can get to know you better or would you rather prefer to remain anonymous

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

we got a new owner?

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
ok so lets hear the story...are you intending on posting an introduction so we can get to know you better or would you rather prefer to remain anonymous
There's really not much to tell. I live in Vancouver, BC where I go to a public high school. I have own(ed) and administer(ed) many forums in the past (rapavenue.com, creepcolony.com, etc) and have been working with community websites for a very long time. I am the owner of the Kinkarso.com Network, and a few other websites such as LiveTV.ws and FacebookBay.com.

To sum it all up, I know what I'm doing and will work my ass off to make sure BattleForums grows larger than ever ;).

Thank you,
Donny

Max

Member!
Reaction score
So now that I don't own this place, I can finally appreciate the members' humor. Some of these posts are just plain hilarious.

With that said, give the guy a chance.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I am the owner of the Kinkarso.com Network, and a few other websites such as LiveTV.ws and FacebookBay.com.
i dont like that banner on kinkarso for us. I think the original should be on there instead

live tv.... i hate you. gogog procrastiantion

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
note procrastination

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh shiiiiitttt hahahahhaah

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Also now that I sold the site I have a sense of humor.

Also how the hell do these high school kids have thousands of dollars to waste on this ****?