Rant: Sucky players are a pain in my butt.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I'm a level 8, once you get up that high, the number of people that are of your calibur start to dwindle.. not to say that I'm a star player or anything, but I constantly find myself with people who have lower ranking than me, not only that, they just goof off.

Example:
Not establishing a defense, but upgrading the units you don't have to prepare for later in the game... (assuming you make it that far).

Example 2: In a 3v3 match, attacking the oppositions base alone.... all heros have a town portal scroll... you will get mauled if you attack on your own, leaving your team mates succeptable to a counter attack, more importantly yourself.

Team mates like that, that think you aught to cover them while they upgrade, or think you will cover them if they put their army on a limb make me twitch. It's one thing if you offer to cover them. I do realize the importance of team work in the game, in fact, I think as you upgrade through your levels and get more experience, you are kind of forced into relying on your team mates for certain aspects of the game.

But part of the team work is pulling your own weight at the same time. I'm more than willing to help out a team mate, who looks like they know what they're doing, and is just as willing to put his army on the line for me, as I am for him.

These stupid morons that I so luckily get matched up with, do nothing for my record except bring it down, it's obvious in a 3v3 game, if your partner is taken out and the other is a goofball, you are going to lose. 3v1 = no win situation. And Do these idiots realize that once you lose so many times, your level can be brought down? I can't tell you how many times I've fluctuated between levels 7 and 8 because my team mates have lost the game for me, wether they Timed out (which really doesn't bother me, I get control of their units), or screw up and get killed, or do something stupid resulting in a counter attack that can't be stopped.

GAH!!!! Blizzard needs to reform the system or something...

soljah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i play w. level 7's and 8 alot and I think since im level 4 that they need to help me. i always tell them at the start that if i get rushed i need help. most of thej time i get rushed right away and if the level 7 doesnt help me then thats fine they lose 2. sry if i sound like an ass but i hate playin with teammates who only play for themselves. i also hate it when i play 3v3 and i get attacked and then my teammate attacks the guy who attack me and i lose, but he lose also... so then it 2v2 game, but it could have be 3v3 game if my partner had defend me instead of attack him.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I was reading at Blizzards home page last night that apparently there is an experience point system. For instance.. if you are a level 8 and you are teamed with lower level players and you are playing higher level players, then you get more experience points if you win, if you lose, the players that have higher levels than you will get experience points, just not as many because they had better players on their team ....so that eases the pain a little bit.

Soljah, I realize that yes as team mates, it's quite my obligation to help keep you alive, and by the sounds of it, you are a person that I'd risk my army for. It's not like you're not trying, or you're being stupid. You're just new to the game. I'm willing to help someone out that has interest in the success of themselves and their team mates. So I guess in a sense, you have to be selfish to an extent.

I've never been One to go attack an enemy when my partner is being attacked. Once they're done, they're going to come after me is my theory. I'd much rather waste a Town Portal scroll to help out a team mate, rather than to TP back to my own base because I'm getting rhomped on.

You don't have any problems with your game, it just hasn't developed yet, because you're new to it. That rush defense will come with time.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I agree, now that Im level 8, I seem to be paired with lower levels more often. Im ok if its like me and a level 3 vs a level 6 and a level 7, as I can usualy handle them with minimal help from my partner. Just as long as I get some support and He doen't completely suck, Im ok.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
There should be a level that you can't go below... like once you get to level 6 for instance, you can't drop below that. Also, that would mean that only level 6 and up players can play each other rather than having a bunch of newbies on your team, it would also eliminate the multiple accounts, so a level 3 player can't actually be a level 12 player. If lower level players all played lower levels, it would defeat the purpose of another account.

Whatever though...

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
it happened again

I got stuck with a sucky player, only this guy lasted... just because he didn't get attacked, he though that he'd take on each base by himself. My other partner and I where on the same track, the oddball would build up an "Army" of just ghouls and a hero, and go into a base and try to own it.

All of a sudden I found myself alone because neither of my partners expanded, where I had 3 bases, which usually lasts the game, if your partners are pulling their weight and doing what they're supposed to be. He'd attack with like 3 frost Wyrms and his ghouls and that was it. Then he had the nerve to tell me I sucked, as I took out army after army with my Starfall and with my dryads/talons/bears....

So we lost because one guy managed to stay alive after we attacked a base, because my oddball partner decided he'd attack another base before one of the other bases was built. Of course that remaining guy that we nearly took out was Orc, and managed to build shamans in one of his partners bases. GOD I hate stupid ignorant partners. They think they can win on their own, had he not been trying to make a solo effort, I would have won. Consequently, my record suffers yet again due to another asshole know it all.

Aldur

Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
Yeah, yeah...

Ok, i get what ur saying. Im a level 8 too, and i sometimes get annoyed when i play with newbies. However, you can just tell them to turn on shared unit control if they are that bad. Plus, everybody has to be newbie sometime. Id bet u were a level 3 newbie once, and got mad when people were pissed at u. Newbies are just a part of online game that u have to deal with. If u wanna play without newbies, just play 1v1.