Q: Activate the computer in an UMS map? Also, a good way of stacking?

GaZoLiNe

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Right, as said b4; the computer in my map wont do anything, except let one worker go picking minerals. very interactive, and also funneh. Not. Well, how should my trigger look? At current they are looking something like this:

(I know this question has probably come up many times before, but i didnt bother look through the whole messageboard.)

Player 5
----------
-Always
----------
Execute ai script " Zerg campaign insane" at Ai-Script
-Preserve trigger.
----------

Oh, and also. I wanted to see if any1 of you know a better way of stacking? Im currently using "Bring to = Run ai script at location "Turn off shared vision for player 1"

And "Bring to = run ai script "Turn off shared vision for player 1" At location.

The only thing that is a bit whacked is, If one of the players forget to mark the "stacker-unit" He will be stuck in the system.

I tried putting in a 120 seconds wait time, but if you cancel Stacking before the 120seconds wait-time, The trigger wont start agan, until those seconds run out.

I tried using a countdown timer, which, when stepped on the "On" beacon the countdown started, and when timer is 0 seconds, Turn On shared vis again. It didnt seem to work, somehow.

Id be really Happy if ya answer, Y'all seem gosu ;)

Oh, btw, I could post the map if you want it. (its only 50-60% complete though)

GaZoLiNe

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh, a little error; Its supposed to be:

And "Bring to = run ai script "Turn ON shared vision for player 1" At location.

Observe, i wrote off last time.

crazy-man

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.minitokyo.net
When you try cancel stacking before 120 second waiting time why not just make the waiting time to 1 and make a 100 milisecond wait trigger then whatever else.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Instead of posting twice in a row (double posting) please use the edit button at the bottom of your post. Thanks!

Here's what you do:
Make computer player allied to human, and have vision too. Put one map revealer owned by the computer at the on and off trigger place. When you do "turn off vision" then turn it off ONLY for human players, leaving you with vision of your stacking guys so that if you forget to number them then you could just go to lights on. Solve your problem?

And if you want your computer players to work, give them some minerals at the start. Maybe 50-5000[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Lolz that timer thing is kinda stuffed, all u gotta do is put player 8 as a computer and not take vision off them, and u will have vision from them on your Light on light off selecter. -_- y bother with the timing?

Disregard what i just said, matrix already explained it, i just didn't read n e of the posts cept for original one :p

Yep gaz, use the edit button.

Supa

Member!
Reaction score
About the computer......now.....ive had trouble (like a year ago) gettin it to work properly. Make the location "Anywhere" or make a big ass location for to me i think they will only build in the location. Not positive. Try xpanding that location a bit....

GaZoLiNe

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Right, Actually i knew there was a 'Edit' button, I just didnt see it till' afterwards. Anyways. Im using a crooked up editor, And so, would anyone of you post the triggers? (Yess, im as lame as can be) Preferably Romanian/Matrix, I couldnt even read between the lines of ya others ;)

(The main reason for asking you to post the triggers is, that i cant seem to get hang of either allying Humans with Computers, nor
ai scripts to work)

Also thanks for all da answers. Nice ppl ;)

Supa <-- Actually the Ai location covers the whole map.

EDiT -> Oh, now i c MatriX. What kind of method did you think of? There are the "Set alliance status" And the script (Set player to ally here), And prolly some others. Tell me.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Lol, ok here goes. So if player 8 is a computer this is the trigger for stacking.

You put a beacon or map revealer where the civ that turns em on//off is and put this trigger

Player 1
CONDITION
Player 1 brings @ least 1 civ to Lights Off
ACTION
Turn shared vision off for player 1
Turn shared vision off for player 2
Turn shared vision off for player 3
Turn shared vision off for player 4
Turn shared vision off for player 5
Turn shared vision off for player 6
Turn shared vision off for player 7
Preserve trigger
(Don't put player 8)

Player 8
CONDITION
Always
ACTION
Turn on shared vision for player 1
Turn on shared vision for player 2
Turn on shared vision for player 3
Turn on shared vision for player 4
Turn on shared vision for player 5
Turn on shared vision for player 6
Turn on shared vision for player 7
(This is just so the computer gives you vision from the start of the game. It doesn't matter in which order you put the triggers)

Player 1
CONDITION
Player 1 brings @ least 1 civ to location Lights On
ACTION
Turn on shared vision for player 1
Turn on shared vision for player 2
Turn on shared vision for player 3
Turn on shared vision for player 4
Turn on shared vision for player 5
Turn on shared vision for player 6
Turn on shared vision for player 7
Preserve Trigger.

There you have it.

GaZoLiNe

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thank you! :D Ill test it!

EDiT --> Uhm. When on "Lights off" Why switch for every player? They are supposed to control their stacking by themselves?

EDiT2 --> (I read it correctly now) Nevermind

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
GaZ, you take vis off for all players so if someone comes around u they don't share vis with you. Did you make sure that the computer had shared vision with you and u did not take share vision off it?

New threads