Presidents in the military

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm curious why this is such a big deal with people in the political races. There taking shots at each other saying "you weren't in the real military, i was"
and stupid shit like that and i'm curious, does it actually make one bit of differance to any of you if they were or weren't in the military? "wow i got the biggest balls i was in a war 30 years ago go me!" dumb shits...... post any thoughts you have on subject :)

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i completely agree. but, people, including me respect the men and women serving or have served in the military. tpoliticians use this to sway votes, simple as that. but if they go too far, they look petty and stupid as you stated.

JeFfDiddy78

Member!
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.com
i think kerry is being extremly disrespectful to people that are in the national guard by basicly calling bush a "pussy" for being in the guard those people are just as brave as anyone else in the millitary plus the IL guard is going to iraq soon so how isnt that real millitary mr. kerry?at least bush served clinton just ran to england to smoke weed

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
It shows curage, honor and strength and many other admirable traits of a leader.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That may be true, but the only politicians who have ever been in the military that I respect are:

The Honorable George Washington
The Honorable Harry Trueman
The Honorable Dwight Eisenhower
The Honorable Roosevelt (I don't recall which one, or if both)

(Note: List may be longer, but those are the ones that stand out right now)

There have been bad politicians who have served as well. The absolute worst that comes to mind is the Honorable Ulyseus Grant.

(Note: "The Honorable" denotes having served as President or high office)

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by JeFfDiddy78
i think kerry is being extremly disrespectful to people that are in the national guard by basicly calling bush a "pussy" for being in the guard those people are just as brave as anyone else in the millitary plus the IL guard is going to iraq soon so how isnt that real millitary mr. kerry?at least bush served clinton just ran to england to smoke weed
I think he was calling bush a pussy for skipping ou ton the military...

And Bam Theodore was in the military, he was the secretary of the navy, Franklin had polio even in his teenage years I believe, that kind of takes you out of the loop....

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I knew one of them was, but I'm not the best with names. I'll get the Roosevelts mixed up from time-to-time, but those two I can actually get right most of the time. This was one of those "not most of the time" times... (Uh...)

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my main beef is
i don't give a shit about 15-40 years ago, people change we all know that. But the key for me is motives change, ask a president if the people of this country are the same as they were 20 years ago, he'll most likly say no, but then ask him if maybe is way differant then he was during his military days, he'll give u a spun off version of why hes sitll a great god loving man for our country

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I find it hilarious of Kerry's ridiculous claims of how much more "superior" he is, compared to President Bush. Did he go across the seas and serve our country? Yes and George W. didnt, but here is a funny story I found from a US history magazine (much condensed).

While over in Vietnam and on river patrol, Kerry and his crew were to go on a routine mission through the jungle; looking for the Viet Cong. Actually, he was to sit on his boat and wait from then to do the job, while he sat away from the danger. Anywho, he was radioed(sp) from a another soldier, saying they needed him to come in and help pick up a body that was blown up from a booby trap. Long story short, they picked up the body and on the way back, came under fire.

Here is where it gets good. Kerry jumps in a ditch. His squad is under fire (and returning) and he jumps in a ditch. He say it was to save ammunition and that he didnt know where the enemy was. Bull. He was scared. He didnt want to be shot. After doing that, he has the guts to say that the President is a sissy? Puleaze.

Kerry is all talk, with no substance.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
President bush is a pussy, not only did he join the national guard
he went awol, and used his dads influnce to get him out of trouble....

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Forged
If George Bush was a pussy, he would not have went after the taliban so avidly. If George Bush was a pussy, he would not have went after Saddam so fiercely. If George Bush was a pussy, he would not have not backed down against his haters. If George Bush was a pussy, he would not have gone against the popular society to do what is moraly right.

George Bush is not a pussy.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
George Bush didn't go after shit, he sent 100's of thousands of 18 year olds after sadam and Bin Laden, and he thought that they were going to retaliate he went and hid....

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
George Bush didn't go after shit, he sent 100's of thousands of 18 year olds after sadam and Bin Laden, and he thought that they were going to retaliate he went and hid....
What your saying doesnt make sense. You see, George W. Bush, our president, is part of the administration. The administration does not go on the front lines, that is what the operating forces are for. Of course he isnt going to go fighting himself....(Though he has made numerous trips to Iraq, himself.)

18 year olds? Yes, most are, but that doesnt mean anything. They are soldiers in the United States Army/Navy/Marine Corps/Air Force. They chose to go there by enlisting or being commisioned as an officer. You make it sound as if we had a draft...

Went and hid? Last time I checked, he is still speaking boldly about the decision to go and we are still over there, fighting. He still makes trips to improve moral and to reinterate the cause. He has not hid.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
You don't rember that when we first started the attack on iraq he ran to fort david in fear of death. How hipocritical, he can send over 100,000 troops to die for a cause to get him reollected, but when he needs to show some kind of bravery he hides like a little bitch....

O yeah and all those iraqi trips? I rember one, he was under a goddly amount of protection and was to scared to stay in iraq for more than two hours.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Actually, recently released pay records show that he didn't go AWOL. You might want to check your facts first my friend. ;)

NewPosts

New threads