Playing Starcraft through the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a spawned version of starcraft on one comp and the real on the other. I can create a game with one comp, but with the other it doesnt seem to detect it. Running a LAN with TPC/IP support (thats the kind of game I choose). can anyone help?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
wow u lost me

Jeremy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok..TPC/IC im guessing is a sort of support for those who wish to run programs through the network (LAN: Local area network). If you load in the origional SC cd, you will be able to install starcraft, or a spawned version. The spawned version allows you to play it without the CD (this was made so people could play over the LAN without buying 2 copies). Then, using this comp (the one using the CD), I set up a Network game and then I looked for it to join it on the other comp..I couldnt find it. If you are really interested Just read my other posts (No-CD Advise). It says basically what I have just said..cept I didnt say it.

aKuMa)Anger

Reaction score
dude. dude dude dude dude.
spawn is a demo!!! its not the real game!!!
ok. you know how if you have Brood War and you create a game and you try to join that game with original Starcraft? IT DOESNT WORK!!! because they are two different game clients. The spawn is the demo and the Real game that you spawned from is the REAL GAME. Like i said, two different clients cant lpay in the same game.

kain falanx G

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Meh, why spawn?
I would advise you to do this.
1: Install starcraft
2: copy install.exe from the broodwar cd into the starcraft directory and run it in there (to install broodwar)
3: Patch up to 1.09b (BW109b.exe, download it from blizzard)
4: Get the No-Cd battle.net loader by MalagNt(1.09b). Its available everywhere.

Do this for each PC. Now just run the loader and it acts like you have the CD in the drive. ^_^

Jeremy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tried it with the no cd thing, didnt work, it still asked for the CD. I give up. I have sc for '64 anyway

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
dude buy the game and then try its so much easye and the game is so worth 10 bucks!

Nephosis

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SimpleplanROCKS
dude buy the game and then try its so much easye and the game is so worth 10 bucks!
dude. he already has the game, he just wants to use it on 2 PCs and play multiplayer with someone else in his house. you telling him to buy it twice? the game is designed so you dont have to do that.

xero2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LOL with a spawned game you have to use dial up connection first....You cant play a network game with only one game you have to have 2 of the same game. Which mean 2 1.10s.....Now with a spawn you have to have dial up. Go to the modem selection type in th other guys phone number and try and connect. Play around with it for a little while untill it works...

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
what the spawn version is from Blizzard.

"The most basic definition would be an evaluation copy of the full game. You can join any game created by the person with the CD-KEY you used to install. The Spawn copy has a complete version of the map editor."

Doesn't help as far as how to connect, but at least it's their definition of what it is.

I thought I had read some time ago, that you could play with the original CD owner on Bnet this way.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Install Starcraft on both computers, and burn a copy of it. You'll still be able to play LAN with one CD key, just not on bnet with both computers.

Otherwise, maybe you can install the spawn version on both computers and play it that way.

CerebralChain

Reaction score
I use one cd key for my two computers, and they can both be on battle.net at the same time...

CerebralChain

Reaction score
No, i can use both machines on the same gateway. I don't register my CD keys, if that means something...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
A 7 months old bumping... Good job...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.