Pickit/Jed question

hellmount

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Jed and Pickit seem to be working fairly well...ran about 700 runs last night and found a bunch of crap...but it did get picked up. But my stuff isnt getting logged. In my JED folder I have my pickit.ini which has the list of all my items to be picked and then a pickit-config.ini which contains the following active code:

[default]
PickupRadius=35
PickupEnabled=1
GoldEnabled=1
Logpath=C:\Program Files\JED
Logfile=pickitlog.txt
Log=1
Refresh=5

And I also have a pickit-conversions.ini in there as well. Now I must admit I've been fiddling with these files to try and get pickit to log the drops, and I'm sure the solution is obvious....so would someone be able to point out my mistake so that pickit starts logging my pindlebot drops? If you need any more info just let me know.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by hellmount
My Jed and Pickit seem to be working fairly well...ran about 700 runs last night and found a bunch of crap...but it did get picked up. But my stuff isnt getting logged. In my JED folder I have my pickit.ini which has the list of all my items to be picked and then a pickit-config.ini which contains the following active code:

[default]
PickupRadius=35
PickupEnabled=1
GoldEnabled=1
Logpath=C:\Program Files\JED
Logfile=pickitlog.txt
Log=1
Refresh=5

And I also have a pickit-conversions.ini in there as well. Now I must admit I've been fiddling with these files to try and get pickit to log the drops, and I'm sure the solution is obvious....so would someone be able to point out my mistake so that pickit starts logging my pindlebot drops? If you need any more info just let me know.
you have to specify each item. i'll give a couple examples from my pickit.ini file:

[Unique Ceremonial Javelin]
Code="ama"
Description=ÿc4Titan's Revenge ÿc0Dropped
Level=Unique
isEthereal=1
Pickup=1
Log=1

[Unique Ring]
Code="rin"
Description=ÿc4Unique Ring ÿc0Dropped
Level=Unique
Pickup=1
Log=1
Identified=0

[Rare Ring]
Code="rin"
Description=ÿc9Rare Ring ÿc0Dropped
Level=Rare
Pickup=1
Log=0
Identified=0

ok. the first 4 lines you shouldnt ever edit.

if Pickup=1 then it will pick it up. if 0 it wont
if Log=1 it will log it in the pickit log file. if 0 it wont
if Identified=0 it will ONLY pick it up if its unidentified.
if isEthereal=1 it will ONLY pick it up if its ethereal.

you have to set each and ever thing to be logged or not, or to be picked up or not.

hellmount

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
one more quick question.... If lets say WF drops but my inventory is full while im asleep...is it still logged even though I didnt pick it up?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
one more quick question.... If lets say WF drops but my inventory is full while im asleep...is it still logged even though I didnt pick it up?
yup its logged.. but its not in your inventory. you'd be SOL. :p

hellmount

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok well I've got it logging everything correctly and I've run into another problem... It sometimes doesnt pick stuff up, and I don't know why. I'm not sure if im too far from the items or dont have enough time or what. But I think it might be something else, because sometimes I watch my sorc just stand next to a pile of gold and not pick it up.
I have my pickit radius set to 35 and my wait to pick up items set to 7 seconds. Both values are pretty high so I'm not sure the if that's the problem. If anyone else has had similar isses let me know what the solution (if any) was that you found). So far all I've missed were Ali baba, a unique amulet and some charms....but I would hate to miss a real drop because of this.

hellmount

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I changed the script so that I now teleport to pindles location when he dies and it seems to be working a little better but I'll have to test this over many more trials to see if im still missing stuff. If it helps I'm using the SH-demon sorc script, configured to for my meteor/FO sorc.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i do know that pickit doesnt make your sorc visually move although it is moving to pick things up, you just cant see it.

ive never had this problem. it always picks up everything i tell it to and my pickit time is only 5 seconds and i know my radius is lower than yours.

markhas

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have the same problem, sometimes, my pg did'nt grab the object.
I watch my Amazon. She stands on the corpse and look on the loot on the ground instead of pick it...

I use the bowazon script.

Ps: Why i have only pickit.ini and pickit-conversion.ini and not pickit-config.ini?
Where is this file? i have'nt on my pc...

hellmount

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok well I thought I had this all worked out. BUt I guess not because my pickit.log shows that gladiator's bane dropped about 2 hours ago and I didnt pick it up. Which doesn't make sense becuase there was plenty of room in my inventory. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you solve it?

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok well I thought I had this all worked out. BUt I guess not because my pickit.log shows that gladiator's bane dropped about 2 hours ago and I didnt pick it up. Which doesn't make sense becuase there was plenty of room in my inventory. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you solve it?
you can have it set to log it and not pick it up. are you sure this isnt what happened?

pickup=0
log=1

will cause it to log it in the file but not pick it up.

copy paist just the section for gladiator bane. it'll prolly be pretty obviouse what your doing wrong.

hellmount

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
naw I Checked and it wasnt that....but I'll post it up anyway....maybe Im just blind and missing something else:

[Unique Wire Fleece]
Code="utu"
Description=ÿc4The Gladiator's Bane ÿc0Dropped
Level=Unique
Pickup=1
Log=1

That's what I've got for glad's gane and I've missed it twice. I guess there is the off chance that both times I chickened out just as it dropped....but that would be a pretty shitty coincidence :(

Nuthead

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey

Mine does the same. All items are not picked up. Im a barb, onve an item is droped he satands tehre and then it says line interrupted. It gets recorded on my log though, Im am REALLY frusterated and if i culd get some help plz post or email me at finalfantasy4life@hotmail.com
THANSK

Nuthead

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes i did do that

Mine looks like this

[config]
PickupRadius=40
PickupEnabled=1
GoldEnabled=1
Refresh=10

LogEnabled=1
Logfile=pickitlog.txt
;LogPath=C:\

i dunno whats wrong

T

tdaunholy

i need help on my jed on pick it log it says could read pickit log why is that someone plz help me

NewPosts

New threads