P~Dragoons

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that they are good to serve as support for the zealots to destroy ranged, heavy armored units/buildings, because the zlots, as the melee units they are, will suffer way too much. Using the goons, it'll be helpfull.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Prox said:
...Does anyone really use them much? After I got BW, I usally have corsairs by the time they get air, so goons seem like a waste to me - I spend the money on rushing to DT's and HT's, then go from there to Corsairs and Carriers.
I've won many a game by quickly massing goons with only 2 Zealots at begin for defense. They can kill almost anything early on especially in numbers, theyre very powerful. They can even kill masses of lings if you can micro them right.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I'd either run my Dragoons away from masses of Zerglings, or let them die. Microing Dragoons to take on Zerglings takes too much time...time where you could've been pumping out backup.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I hotkey buildings and use hotkeys, I've gotten better at it (Since my last few games) where I can throw stuff out and do decent micro. But I always lose to Siege Tanks, no matter what race I am, hahah.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zealots take out tanks and dragoons take out vults. It's really,really foolish to say goons are useless.(although I think they could be beefed up in terms of build time). God , I miss the old days.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the goon zeal combo is the best ground assult for early game i used them throughout the game but limited as time goes on

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thank god....thank you phoenix...finally...a person who agrees with me...
Prox said:
Ugh...you just don't give up, do you? Seriously, tell me the last time you've been attacked by a wave of Vultures. No, really. In the last week? Month?
lol...this proves u don't know what ur talking about for all this time...

when have u been attacked by a wave of vultures? never? cause...ur playing NEWBIES
as i said before...go play on wgtour or neo and see how well u do

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
my opinion is that goons do have their uses, espicially coupled with zeals and ht's thats how i use them, and anyway i barely use them for attack mainly for a small standing force in case someone back doors me, is it just me or does tiger shark and prox argue ALOT

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
theres no way to fight terran without goons.... and without goon support zealots are screwed against anything decent. zealots need that cover fire.

fighting another toss without goons is dumb too.. theyll get some goons and out micro you easy with their range.

zerg, i guess its possble to win against without goons... but their hydra/lurk will be very tough to kill with no range.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To the people who're saying goons suck, I'm still waiting for them replays.
C'mon, be a man and don't dodge.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes i would also like to see a game where prox ddin't use goons and still won. could be quite educational

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Dragoons are a necessity, anyone who doesn't use them has rocks for brains. In ANY matchup.