P~ Carrier Power

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Carriers own BCs, I'm afraid. You just need to know how to do that.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh man..another BC vs Carrier debate..lol, how many of these have we had?

Firstly, it is impractical for the terran to build BC's against protoss

Second, Carriers own BC's like there is no tomorrow

Third, i don't know why you would bother with EMP against toss, unless ur totally dominating the game, or u have extra gas

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
People will always say 'EMP owns this, EMP owns that', but really, who actually uses EMP alot, and as an offensive move?

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
if you only upgrad the armor plating of the bcs carriers get owned even if the carriers are fully upgraded and if you play terran and dont use the SV then stfu noob

btw yamato+ 3 hits = dead carrier

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ditto with your SCV comment.
First of all, good luck getting your scvs to all try to repair that 1 BC within your whole group of 12 that's being attacked. I doubt you'll even be able to click on it with your scvs.
Secondly, scv repair isn't exactly THAT effecient.
And thirdly, if you bring scvs, then I get to bring templars. 1 psi-storm and all 12 of your BCs take pretty signicant damage. In a practical battle, there's no way you'll have scvs trailing your BCs ready to repair in a moment's notice. This isn't War3 where your scvs have auto-repair and even if it did. It STILL won't make much difference. Your BCs will just die marginally slower, but who cares?

Trying to argue BCs are better than carriers is pointless. There's already a fairly wide agreement on this.

In roughly equal resources carriers waste BCs. Are you now in agreement? Or are you now saying BCs will beat carriers when BCs have support and carriers don't?

Or if you don't want to answer that then can you tell what me use is
spending 400/300 on a BC for tvp since that is what where primarily talking about.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but of course everybody knows that having bcs fighting carriers one on one is stupid. we'll always have valks with wraiths and scouts with corsairs

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What are you talikng about 1v1, carriers will win. Just not head-on.(of course they're gonna micro)

Like I said before, this argument is POINTLESS. Nobody goes BCs against toss/zerg unless they're braindead. I've played/seen 0 games where BCs were made before the game was already won.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
valk+wraiths maebbe be the best strat vs late carriers in a pvt , i havint tested but im pretty sure valks would kill the interscepters with there massive splash?

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was just saying that nobody really make carrier and bc solo in groups. i mean we always have smaller units to protect them right? carriers always have maybe a few scouts and stuff for protection right? just as we would grab wraiths to go with our bc

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
i personally would prefere a bunch of scouts, better peacekeeping force and if you get enough of um they are really hard to beat.... i guess not really hard but if you are playing someone who is not paying attention or has just attacked you they rule, as for the weak ground attack just have them kill turrets or g2a d last, but i will use carriers ocasionally just for fun, but they can work to your advantage, its just im not the best at microing :-/

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you play as terran you have to really suck to lose vs mass carriers. The key to winning is called "micro".

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
betaalpha5 said:
i was just saying that nobody really make carrier and bc solo in groups. i mean we always have smaller units to protect them right? carriers always have maybe a few scouts and stuff for protection right? just as we would grab wraiths to go with our bc
Toss air >>>> Terran air, so knock yourself out.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
People will always say 'EMP owns this, EMP owns that', but really, who actually uses EMP alot, and as an offensive move?
I did, when I palyed.

BTW, one Yamato does what 250 damage about? IT is impractical to use 2 yamatos on the smae carrier without sheilds,because 2-3 shots out of the BC and the carrier is wasted anyways.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
betaalpha5 said:
so i'll grab a few gols big deal
so i'll get some temps.
we can do this all night.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so i'll surrender cuz i play to many um maps. there battle ends :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Actually, that might be the most effective way to destroy mass carriers, but you need around 10 groups of rines. One high Templar can be devastating against that. Marines vs Protoss sucks that late.