P~Best Protoss unit!

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I finally tried a new thing with using every single unit I don't normally... It worked great. I'll try it more.

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah I already said that. Probes pwn!!:p

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All gateway units rock.
Dragoons, temps, dark temps and zeals.

Reaction score
depends on who you're fighting really.
vs. zerg: scouts and zealots/dragoons
vs. terran: dts and dragoons/scouts
vs. protoss dragoons/scouts
that's what i say

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah... I use carriers and sometimes I rush with zealots... Like my name says I'm a terran comander... Not protoss, but I do try new things... sometimes they work sometimes they don't.. Oh yeah I also like the dark templar cause they cloak! :lucifer

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by chocolate
Arbiter is the most powerful unit in the game...

24 arbiters can stop any army. 24 Arbiters can transport just about infinite amount of troops. 24 Arbiters can cloak almost infinite amount of units. 24 arbiters is like have 12 dragoons that can fly!
...now you replace it with a HERO Arbiter. Double the hitpoints, upgrades already on, 24 danimoth=24 dragoons. pretty powerful stuff.
24 arbiters also cost a S*IT LOAD of gas..on way to build that is on money maps and they take forever too..

Also..the arbiters can be taken out with multiple emp's from 4 or 5 vessels..making their stasis and recall useless...And since the vessel is nearby..the cloaking effect it has is useless as well

RATMex_B

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Wing Zero
any one ever use hallutionation?
Yeah, sure. Terran players like to have this defese: bunkers/ siege tanks/turrets. For a prottos, it is impossible to make any damage to this without losses.
So I make 12 hallucinations of a zealot (if needed fast units) or archons (if needed tough units) and about 4 hallucinations of a high templar.
I send the first units and queue them a command to hold position just before the bunkers. They are followed by the halucinated templars and about 4 real templars. Then I will destoy the tanks with storms and if the player didn't guess the right templars I won't get any scratch to any of my "real" units.

I use this tactic just before I attack, because this kind of weakening to that type of terran defense is an immense advantage.

Originally posted by Black knight dragoon
zealots are the best because there attck is 16 damage but after fully upgraded there attack is 22 and ther only the fist unit you get
This is quite not true. The zealots attack is 2x8 and when fully upgraded 2x11 (not 16 and 22). This means, that the armor of the atacked unit is substracted twice.
E.g. if you attack with a fully upgraded zealot a fully upgaded ultralisk, you won't be making 16 damage, but only 10.

Caiman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is quite not true. The zealots attack is 2x8 and when fully upgraded 2x11 (not 16 and 22). This means, that the armor of the atacked unit is substracted twice.
E.g. if you attack with a fully upgraded zealot a fully upgaded ultralisk, you won't be making 16 damage, but only 10.

---> does this apply to any other unit?

for me, the best protoss unit is..

the dragoon

they are good in that they are resurrected (sp?) zealots, that their dying sequence rocks, their sounds are cool - what does he say? 'i am needed' ?, and they can attack everything (xept cloaked units).

Only problem is, they are clumsy if you have several going though a chokepoint and do very little damage to small units (slow rof & 10 damage).

N

NoMo

Dark templar all the way..no contest..followed by dragoon cuz they are so damn cute

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I like the dark archon :)

Feedback is awsome against spellcasters, and maelstrom is great against zerg, togheter with an High templar to storm the stuck units.

Mind control is useless, though, unless if (in a normal game), he's a terran and he builds a couple of support BCs.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
I like the Dark Archon :)
And how obvious that is... :D

Arbiter is the most powerful unit in the game...

24 arbiters can stop any army. 24 Arbiters can transport just about infinite amount of troops. 24 Arbiters can cloak almost infinite amount of units.
If you ever want to get 24 Arbiters, you'd have to play a money map, and massing Carriers and Arbiters is pretty silly when you think about it, Corsairs + Scouts, EMP/Nuke + Goliaths, Plague + Hydras.

They are pretty easy to eliminate...

24 arbiters is like have 12 dragoons that can fly!
And have retarded damage that is useless, and would take half an hour to kill 24 Zerglings.

...now you replace it with a HERO Arbiter. Double the hitpoints, upgrades already on, 24 danimoth=24 dragoons. pretty powerful stuff.
Just remind me how you are going to get a Hero at all on a Melee map???

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
probe is important, if u can win the game without using 1 single probe doing anything, then you must be god T.T

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man, i like archons the best

they look so pimped out, that light blue glow, and they are really strong, they have shitty health but their massive shield makes up for that

~JLeeAZN~