OVERALL worst terran units

((Apocolypse))

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Terrible. You couldn't be more wrong. Let me be quick...EMP effects "magic energy" (or whatever you want to call it) as well as shields. This works against all races, yes including Zerg (Use against queens to anti-broodling.) NEXT: Lockdown is better then you give it credit. A single Lockdown can allow you to kill a unit for FREE. No fighting back. What are you missing? Forget cloaking. You don't need to. Don't forget to lockdown detectors if you are going to nuke. NEXT: Utterly wrong. It is very uselful Terran vs Protoss. How about against Stasis Field? Think buddy. Don't let them Stasis your tanks and step until the return to normal! Restore them and slaughter his attack! NEXT: I never said that you said Irridate was useless. Enough said. NEXT: Haha. Are you serious?! Nukes can COMPLETELY change a game if you use them right. Please take the time to read my nuking tips.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyway, I'll re-iterate and maybe you'll get it this time.

EMP: Only good if it hits. Most units can DODGE it if they see a big fat SV coming towards them. It's radius of affect is VERY small, much smaller than it appears graphically. All-in-all, EMP is a sucky spell that only newbies use regularly. It's also way overrated. Did I mention it was easy to dodge?

Lockdown: Ghosts are way too far up the tech tree, requires too much micro and are very gas-intensive in tvp. Ghosts are also very weak and easily killed. Like I said, you can go ghosts, but you're essentially gonna have to turtle, which again, loses you the game.

Nukes: Like I said, good luck. How do you plan on getting past all those overlords? And against toss, even worst, obs are invisible.
Not to mention that both zerg and toss have alternative means of detection.

Restoration is completely useless against toss. You can't restore stasis. You can try.

I'm very serious. I'm sure you can come up with a hundred uses for each, but in the end, you'll just be proven wrong against someone half competent at this game.

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
EMP is not underused, infact thier very useful tvp in mid-late game where toss has set up flanks and are about to attack ur push, if u emped when thier coming at ur then u have saved ur tank from massive zeals =='

lockdown are good in tvp island when toss goes it's carrier/arbitor atfer 3 exp :O

nukes are important only in TvT tho, to beat a massive tank placement use nuke :)

and btw i can prove that the way i listed about works in pro game and in normal game --v

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, EMP is underused. You have yet to prove anything you say but make bogus claims on what you want to believe. As for lockdown, rrrrrrriiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhtttttt. Whatever turns you on.

((Apocolypse))

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Haha, and you're yet to learn to use the edit button... And as for coughing up what you already said and making no new points, I suggest you concidered the following. Nobody "goes" ghosts. You make ghost and utalize them along side other units such as marines, medics, and firebats. I'm sorry if it hasn't occured to you that some people can in fact use units that you in fact can't. Take ghosts and nukes for example. If you can use them, then use them. If you can't (like yourself), either learn to use them or don't tell other people not to. And please don't give me the "vespene intense speetch". That phrase doesn't even have meaning. How about "costs alot of vespene"? And finally we come to your last "point". Lockdown does nothing, I made a bogus claim...now that's just stupid. You right two sentences on why it doesn't work including a whopping zero facts and MY arrguement is bogus? I have given the time and the place when to use it, yet I have presented no information. Did I mention I hate hypocrits? If you have a question about my information ask it, if you're looking to just see your name next to empty text just keep on typing.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
These units are underused whether you want to accept it or not. It's not because no one knows how to use them correctly. This is already widely accepted even if you haven't received the memo.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you truly think all of those units/abilities are good, then you played way too many UMS games. Don't take it personally. Terran has many underused units/abilities or more accurately these units have TOO specific a purpose.For example, vultures are great against toss, but suck against zerg. Valks suck, even against the zerg. 2 scourge will kill them easily.(25/75 to kill a 250/125) It's not MY fault YOU chose to play terran. Anyway, terran does well without all of that fancy tech.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
goieths suck, they walk like ****ing idoits, yeah you know what im talking about.

aphextwin

Reaction score
jesus christ ghosts are used for lockdown, range in bunkers and nuking..... gols are mainly used against air units and bats are excellent if u drop them where the workers mine minerals, also great against zlots

Biske

Reaction score
AMEN! Finally sence in this madness! Bow down and worship newbie4lyfe damnit! DO IT! Anywho....can't we all see this is just a disgruntled terran player who got pissed because he sucks with em, so he lives to bring bullshit into our lives? Well I can. It really looks like it's everyone VS Phoenix don't it? But....some points need to be argued to bring out their truths, maybe the t erran players will get a new view point on certain units and tactics, maybe not.....

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well I like valks against zerg and well I usually mix a group of valks and wraiths. besides..against zerg my air is usually near my rines, and they own scourgues FAST.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude-marines rule-they dont need a ranged attack-their attacks can hit targets in a line. firebats totally own zealots and zergling. if they can do zealots why not dragood? they air the mainly used units for protoss anyway. back them with medics and ghosts ( a fave attack force of mine) and their good to go! mopst ranged units are mechanical of which the ghost can lockdown and then the firebats can go and burn em up. have u seen the beta pictures of starcraft? the firebats were able to burn down trees! actually set them on fire-how cool would that be?

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by korn
dude-marines rule-they dont need a ranged attack-their attacks can hit targets in a line. firebats totally own zealots and zergling. if they can do zealots why not dragood? they air the mainly used units for protoss anyway. back them with medics and ghosts ( a fave attack force of mine) and their good to go! mopst ranged units are mechanical of which the ghost can lockdown and then the firebats can go and burn em up. have u seen the beta pictures of starcraft? the firebats were able to burn down trees! actually set them on fire-how cool would that be?
yea man, that would be extremely cool-

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah condisering how much trees are in starcraft maps.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i didnt think people went infantry at all against toss... people actually get bats vrs toss? im a toss player an have yet to lose to infantry, and very rarely see any infantry at all.... generally the terran player masses tanks and vultures pretty quick.. harrasses my minerals with vultures and mines, tanks and mines the middle the map... chokes me while he expands all over the goddamn map.... then eventaully finishes my mineral deprived ass off. im not good at all vrs good terran players.