Orc Strats against Griffens?

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
lol how abt early militia scouting... and the moment they see an enemy's base... instead of peein in their pants... their armor drops off... interesting...

sloppyjoes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the best way to counter that is take the human player out before he even gets griphs -- getting wyverns is way faster then getting griphs so use that to your advantage!
sloppyboy lvl 18 useast

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
But then remember, if you tech straight to Wyvs you'd be weak against anything else your opponent throws at you. Gryphs accompany Knights in Human armies, y'know.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
But then remember, if you tech straight to Wyvs you'd be weak against anything else your opponent throws at you. Gryphs accompany Knights in Human armies, y'know.
I have never seen anyone get knights and gryphons, if so that is foolish. think about it, you have to upgrade 18 arrmor/attack seperatly, you need to get a quick castle and expansion, you need at least 2 barracks and gryphon aviary.

What do wyverns have? beastery at tier 2 and wyverns at a quick tier 3. if u want meele support, wyverns and taurens both take the same armor upgrade.

CrzySam

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The way u kill human air is by massing heads and wyrvens and get some scrolls of heal nad protec u will win evertime make sure to get chain lighing

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now that HH are not as powerful i dont really know how to defend against them either. You might be able to get a few raiders if you know they have griffens in order to net them. Bloodlusted Wyverns, HH, and of course your casters are the only way i can think of. Also a lvl 3 Chain lightning will help one helluva lot. sorry if i copied someone elses post i didnt read through all of them

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
I have never seen anyone get knights and gryphons, if so that is foolish. think about it, you have to upgrade 18 arrmor/attack seperatly, you need to get a quick castle and expansion, you need at least 2 barracks and gryphon aviary.

What do wyverns have? beastery at tier 2 and wyverns at a quick tier 3. if u want meele support, wyverns and taurens both take the same armor upgrade.
Foots and Sorc are the basis for me using Humans. Then it gives you an opportunity to tech your Human Knights and Gryphs.

However, I find most Human players die by the time they get to the Knight part, 'cos Foots and Sorc won't last crap though.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
Originally posted by JBWT3
Now that HH are not as powerful i dont really know how to defend against them either. You might be able to get a few raiders if you know they have griffens in order to net them. Bloodlusted Wyverns, HH, and of course your casters are the only way i can think of. Also a lvl 3 Chain lightning will help one helluva lot. sorry if i copied someone elses post i didnt read through all of them

crap... HH will be owned by gryphons unless u are literally gonna mass them like erm... 20 HH? even so the stormhammer is gonna kill them all... and spell casters are pure suicide against any air units now... perhaps with the exception of hippogryphs...

as for raiders... if u r gonna use em for the sole purpose of just netting itx gonna be quite dumb... letx take for example... enemy has 5 gryphs... that would mean 20 food... and u need 5 raiders to net em all... so that would be 15 food... and additionally say u have 4 wyverns... so 16 + 15 = 31 food in all... to make it fair for the humans... i have erm 4 riflemen or maybe 5 priests in between... the ensnare is gone... and yes the wyverns will own the priests but yet again the gryphons will own the wyverns...

and u have the famous chain lightning... which deals 180 for first unit at level 3... lets assume that all the gryphs juz got screwed 180 hp off each... man... they still have like 600+ hp ok... so ure successfully at only bringing down the hp of the gryphons to be a little close to the wyverns... and now... u have the more famous thunder clap + blizzard combo... and ur raiders can more or less say goodbye...

whatever it is... raiders do make pretty bad counter to air... the fact that they have small armor now simply mean that they r now sorta tower proof though less tower proof than the steam tank...

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
lol how many times must i say purge will not slow unit's attack rate... it only removes all buffs/debuffs and prevents unit from runnin away... i dun use purge unless on a melee hero like dh if he is at the back and so to prevent him from coming to frontlines... but still 20 shamans is stupid... the gryphons are gonna have some fun... bloodlusted has some slight chance against the gryphs but yet again... any orc player can tell u hez gonna cry his ass out the moment the bloodlusted army is gone with just a dispel...

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
got the berserker upgrade... think WC2... then they have fatter hp... and there is the berserk ability... which will allow it to deal more damage for a period of time but takes more damage... so make sure u haf some nice grunts on frontlines... den beserk ur troll berserkers

alot more options for orcs in TFT

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
i havent tried FT myself yet... but my friend told me that the catapult has this burning napalm upgrade thingie which can take alot of life from masses of army...