Orc Strats against Griffens?

SharpSho0ter.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
now, i had like 24 wyvrens and a guy had like 18 gryphons, and i almost lost, i came out with 6 wyvrens.... What the ****s up with that????? Every race has an AIR ANTIAIR unit, but orc just got ****ing headhunters.. Dont do much against chims do they anyone? didnt think so. Wyvrens suck

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I woulda said purge the ****ers then attack with lusted wyverns. Other than that, Orc sucks against air. Damn you blizzard!

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I woulda said purge the ****ers then attack with lusted wyverns.
And that is actually Orcs' best counter for arguably the game's best anti-air unit: the Gargoyle. Alas, Gargs are melee range, so they have to get in close. Purge, they're not going anywhere. Bloodlust, and they're taking major pain. *sigh* Sucks for UD...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RageWinterchill
And that is actually Orcs' best counter for arguably the game's best anti-air unit: the Gargoyle. Alas, Gargs are melee range, so they have to get in close. Purge, they're not going anywhere. Bloodlust, and they're taking major pain. *sigh* Sucks for UD...
I know, it hurts to give away strats to defeat the mighty scourge!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It doesn't help either that they don't have loadsa health.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
It doesn't help either that they don't have loadsa health.
who gargs or wyverns.

Because gargs will kill wyverns without purge. and with a DK with coil to heal em, and duel aura on gargs....

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
who gargs or wyverns.

Because gargs will kill wyverns without purge. and with a DK with coil to heal em, and duel aura on gargs....
Grifs, I think. But the Hammers of Hell are brutal against most.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Rage said that before.

True, final units are extremely deadly to face, but if you're dedicated, it won't stop you from doing so.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
well..i gotta say...mass casters and lvl 3 chain cuts through them. u can add in some raiders for ensnare. I also found that HH works pretty nice also.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I'm all for Orc anti-air sucking, there Melee is the best you can get in the game... although humans are pretty good, you can upgrade the hell out of a footman... Anyways

you said you had like 24 Wyvs, and they had 18 and you came out with 6? I really don't think I need to do the math for you on that one... he lost all 18 of his gryphs and you lost 18 of your wyvs... that's good numbers for him, that could be due to simple micro... you didn't own him, he just had better micro than you.