New heart of the swarm units

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's nice Zerg finally has a unit for space control. Though It'd be better if the Swarm host shot out spines in a line instead. And swarm host is kinda weak name, maybe something along the lines of "lurker".

Grimnir

Reaction score
As a Protoss player, I'm really looking forward to Heart of the Swarm! I feel like playing Protoss has become so boring lately. Every game I pretty much follow the same pattern and, to be honest, I'm just tired of making endless Stalkers and Colossi!

I can't wait to make some more flying units as a Protoss. I love the Phoenix already and that kind of high-mobility aerial gameplay is really appealing to me. What units are you guys most looking forward to?

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. It will be interesting with the protoss units. These might be a little too op or just what protoss needs. Hope this comes out and is as good as brood war.

dreyz

Reaction score
Oh yeah, this release is going to be the bomb!

The Battle Reports were more informative, really, but thanks for the discussion videos anyway.

Being a Zerg player, new addition of units are mostly good, unless they either serve little to no purpose or are just imbalanced. (Then again, OP Zergs are good for me~)

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
After watching the latest battlereport (I'll leave it you guys to find and watch it), let's just say I'm glad I stuck to SC/BW and never bought/played SC2(or should I call it TerranCraft 2.)

How the hell are protoss supposed to deal with mech now that they're supposedly removing carriers?
BattleHellion/Warhounds/Vikings/Ravens/Widow Mines just counters EVERYTHING P has.
And to think I had such high hopes for the Oracle(with Emtomb ability), but that turned out to be gimmicky like everything else P has in their arsenal.
And while I get that nothing is final, it's already been a year or 2 and nothing has changed.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
After watching the latest battlereport (I'll leave it you guys to find and watch it), let's just say I'm glad I stuck to SC/BW and never bought/played SC2(or should I call it TerranCraft 2.)

How the hell are protoss supposed to deal with mech now that they're supposedly removing carriers?
BattleHellion/Warhounds/Vikings/Ravens/Widow Mines just counters EVERYTHING P has.
And to think I had such high hopes for the Oracle(with Emtomb ability), but that turned out to be gimmicky like everything else P has in their arsenal.
And while I get that nothing is final, it's already been a year or 2 and nothing has changed.
This made me chuckle. No one in Starcraft II uses Carriers.

In fact, PvT mech is such a non-issue that no one uses mech in vP. It's outlandish. It's a free win for the protoss if the Terran tries to use mech. The only time a factory is ever built in a TvP is when the players need to get a starport. Carrier was pointless and had no role in SCII.