New Design Preview! - BattleForums v2.0!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Still the weird big useless space in it. Here, pictures are better than a thousand words:

http://xs323.xs.to/xs323/08012/bf.JPG

--Edit--

At least that Diablo icon is a lot more visibile ;)
alot of websites are designed like that nowadays. Specifily Gamespot/gamefaqs does just that, and the sides are often taken up by adds for games or other interesting images.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
The poll now works by the way, so go ahead and test it out ;).

Any suggestions/comments on the design?

Thank you,
Donny

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, the thread icon (the one you see in the forums) for threads where you posted and didn't post are the same, make hem different, and the top bar (second one, after search bar), either center the text there, or make it smaller, or add more text. That null space after 'About BF' sucks.

Oh, and move the search bar a little bit down, its covering the Protoss face that way, ugly.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
wow this skin sucks balls look at the useless side with a dumb poll which i accidently voted not really and covered with dumb ads it covers half of the freaking screen

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Done, Done, and Done
Cheers. One more thing, any way you can set the poll to show result all the times after you voted? I have to vote again (but it doesn't count, the 'you've already voted message' shows up) to see the result.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Cheers. One more thing, any way you can set the poll to show result all the times after you voted? I have to vote again (but it doesn't count, the 'you've already voted message' shows up) to see the result.
I'll see what I can do. It's just that it would take more load time to check if you have voted already (it logs your IP address if you voted), so that might be a problem. It's set to save load time.

/hates fixed layouts*
If you'd rather have the old skin back, simply select it from the bottom style chooser. This is just here for those who would rather use this one.

Thank you,
Donny

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
skins broken in threads like new picture thread.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If you'd rather have the old skin back, simply select it from the bottom style chooser. This is just here for those who would rather use this one.

Thank you,
Donny
This is very bad logic -- never impose a lack of functionality on your users. The skin is great, but x42 is correct in saying it needs a fluid version. I have 1440 horizontal pixels, and I'm stuck reading text in boxes that are 500 pixels wide. A 35% utilization of screen space? Come on, that's ridiculous. I could understand if this were 1997 and everyone was still using 640x480, but it's 2008 and there's really no reason not to have a fluid version.

At the very least, get rid of the 200-pixel-wide side bar devoted solely to whether or not I'm "excited" for SC2. I can see you're planning on putting an ad there, but that's just going to be ugly. I suggest getting some robots to make ad posts after every OP or something, and then give premium users an option to ignore those ads.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
This can be done. However, with the horizontal images fixed, there will be quite a bit of editing before any real result is seen.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree a fluid version would be nice..like x42, I hate fixed width skins as well. Well..not hate, but it's annoying. It's obviously no rush though, considering this skin IS functional.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Alright. Would you prefer a fluid version, or just have me remove the sidebar? Fluid version is also do-able, but will take significantly longer to complete.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it looks ALOT better without the side-bar. <3