Naruto

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone a fan?
I watched all of the original and am on ep 63 of shippuden....

I must admit my olny gripe with the damn show is how they go about the main plot.... I don't want to ruin anything this early in the thread but it seems people don't die.... they get close talk for 10 minutes then vanish.... pissin me off.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Similar to all fighting animes in that respect but I have watched a few episodes and really enjoyed them

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh.... I'm not the biggest anime fan... I personally would rather watch an anime movie...

Story, bad guy, good guy... conflict resolved... done in 2 hours.

In DBZ at least they always killed off the bad guys... all except vegeta and that blonde robot. But it seems villians just keep on tickin. Every now and then they'll throw some new guys in and kill them off but its not the same.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
Meh, it was good when fights were actually interesting and not just two characters hurling balls of light at each other.

Frippety

Reaction score
Naruto is pretty good, but sadly I don't have the time to devote to watching it all. I've seen all of the original series, and a little bit of Shippuden. The fighting scenes appear to be all choreographed and the characters are quite solidly built, though Naruto himself can be annoying at times.

Maybe if I find myself with some spare time over summer, I'll try and pick it up again.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I'm in the minority here I guess. But Naruto stopped being good long ago. Now the series just drags on senselessly. That's part of the reason Bleach ended. Naruto can very well suffer the same fate.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
I'm in the minority here I guess. But Naruto stopped being good long ago. Now the series just drags on senselessly. That's part of the reason Bleach ended. Naruto can very well suffer the same fate.
Agree 100%.

There's a pretty blatant point where it goes from storytelling into "how can I profit off this for as long as possible" and Naruto did NOT do a good job hiding it.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I was a fan but I only read the manga. I haven't read it recently just because I have been to busy. It is good though. Of course people here are complaining about the later storyline and I am nowhere near that.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Agree 100%.

There's a pretty blatant point where it goes from storytelling into "how can I profit off this for as long as possible" and Naruto did NOT do a good job hiding it.

It's very close to being like Dragon Ballz Z with how it lingers on. But at least Dragon Ball Z didn't have them constantly fighting the same enemy.

For just how many more seasons are they going to be fighting the Akatsuki and Sasuke? It's ridiculous.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
It's very close to being like Dragon Ballz Z with how it lingers on. But at least Dragon Ball Z didn't have them constantly fighting the same enemy.

For just how many more seasons are they going to be fighting the Akatsuki and Sasuke? It's ridiculous.
Yup.

If you're going to go the profit over making a good anime route, at least do it right like DBZ or One Piece, keep things fresh and interesting with short stories and new villains. Don't pretend to have some grand overarching plot that you're really just improvising; it's just annoying.

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
A few days ago, I read that premiered in Japan "Gekijōban Naruto: road to ninja" (剧场版 NARUTO-ナルト - 疾風 伝 忍者 の 道 へ -), the ninth film in the series Naruto, which placed third in the cinema´s chart. As part of the celebration for the 10 years of anime Masashi Kishimoto, the author, is in charge again of the story and character design, this is the sixth embodiment of the saga. I think it's an anime that still has much to give.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
A few days ago, I read that premiered in Japan "Gekijōban Naruto: road to ninja" (剧场版 NARUTO-ナルト - 疾風 伝 忍者 の 道 へ -), the ninth film in the series Naruto, which placed third in the cinema´s chart. As part of the celebration for the 10 years of anime Masashi Kishimoto, the author, is in charge again of the story and character design, this is the sixth embodiment of the saga. I think it's an anime that still has much to give.

More like an anime/manga that has more to milk.