My views of things

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What the hell is wrong with posting your opinions? Why the hell does everyone try to attack Pan like retards?

"I mean do you think blizzard will give a penny on your feelings about balance? i give u a hint"

that wasnt the intention of this thread...I really dont think Pan doesnt care either...

I really can give a thorough opinion about this because i am not a random player. I dont really have a feel for all the races. But from watching replays, i can see what Pan is talking about. And i somewhat agree.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
I realize this thread is somewhat old now. Found it searching for something else. Anyways. I would agree with everything Pan said, for the most part. Counters work about half the time, 3 races rely one a single hero first, every time. Cookie cutter beats innovator, every time. Make the same tier1 units, progress to tier 2, get the same second hero every time, make the same tier 2 units. I realize not everyone does this, there is always someone who gets a pitlord first. But if you want to win, at a decently high level, you cut more cookies than the other guy.

I find myself playing only elf nowadays, simply because the race allows me to do pretty much whatever I want and vary my hero choice. I got to level 38 solo with elf without a whole lot of effort. I haven't played any serious ladder games since mid-november because I stopped winning, past that point I would have had to cut more cookies. No thanks.

Warcraft III was, is, and always will be fundamentally flawed because of the heros. I had a fun 2 1/2 years playing, but I don't think I will ever go back to it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
BluddLuSt4Life said:
Warcraft III was, is, and always will be fundamentally flawed because of the heros. I had a fun 2 1/2 years playing, but I don't think I will ever go back to it.
so very true, same here

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
pan you quit war3 too? ahaha. I thought you were with it forever. I took this section off of my view. I still play it tho. See how far I can get with hacks. Then next ban I'll be done and fully on WOW. But even that game isn't doing it for me. I need RTS.. Maybe I'll do the whole HL CSS thing. After all I did get the games for free and can go online.

Eclipse_Hope

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
well i think this sin;t relevant in any way but...i went hardcore w3 and that game pisses me off.
i mean i was winning 65% of my games its just i felt cheap with the ways i was going about winning. Somthing along the lines of wut pan said way ine the bigining of this thread.so wut i do?

I went back 2 good old sc! I'll never get over it!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm on a brake. If Blizzard does somehitng interesting tha tdraws me back so be it. Otherwise, the game just isn't fun because it is so repetative, every game is the smae cheese strat from every race. Cookie cutters anyone?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
come play star wars battlerfront, it does a good job at wasting time that wc3 used to

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
thebastardsword said:
come play star wars battlerfront, it does a good job at wasting time that wc3 used to
Genre of gameplay plz. I'm sorry I don't keep up to date.

Eclipse_Hope

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
wow dood u play battle front meeee 2 we got get togother and serve some pwnage!
i love star wars......

pan its like age of the empires but star wars style!
c'mon pul it toghether man!

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hrm... Seems like WC3 just got worse/more boring while I was gone... Pretty sad, I have to say, cuz I admit I had a lotta fun playing while I was still around. =\ Pan brings up good points though (*waves hello to Pan* ^^), the heroes, while they struck me as a very interesting idea when I first heard of WC3, do throw a lotta things outta whack. Hell, when I played, like 90% of my time was spent babying my heroes, and I'm pretty sure a lotta people still spend their time doing that. Maybe eventually they'll do something to even it out, I dunno. Only time I ever play WC3 anymore is to play custom maps. o_x;

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
RageWinterchill said:
Hrm... Seems like WC3 just got worse/more boring while I was gone... Pretty sad, I have to say, cuz I admit I had a lotta fun playing while I was still around. =\ Pan brings up good points though (*waves hello to Pan* ^^), the heroes, while they struck me as a very interesting idea when I first heard of WC3, do throw a lotta things outta whack. Hell, when I played, like 90% of my time was spent babying my heroes, and I'm pretty sure a lotta people still spend their time doing that. Maybe eventually they'll do something to even it out, I dunno. Only time I ever play WC3 anymore is to play custom maps. o_x;
Hello. I remember you. You are just another guy who reminds me of the active warcraft forums with many players. If im one reason the main is that stupid WoW. Now I can assume that the Northrend thing with all disabled accounts (lvl 0, stats: 0 ) is because of it. The truth is that WoW ruined wc3.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer said:
Hello. I remember you. You are just another guy who reminds me of the active warcraft forums with many players. If im one reason the main is that stupid WoW. Now I can assume that the Northrend thing with all disabled accounts (lvl 0, stats: 0 ) is because of it. The truth is that WoW ruined wc3.
dont they all...

WC stomped over D2...

WoW stomps over WC now.. its just part of life, new things just stomps old school stuff...

excluding SC of course...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
dont they all...

WC stomped over D2...

WoW stomps over WC now.. its just part of life, new things just stomps old school stuff...

excluding SC of course...
lol you can't include SC in that formula casue it is still going strong

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
I just said that,,,,, cant you read? :p nub!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
RageWinterchill said:
lol, they might as well just put SC in a class of its own. :p I don't think anything's gonna top SC for a long while to come.
I dont know, but WoW's popularity seem to be skyrocketing, dont know if it will top SC soon.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Pan said:
At least until another Starcraft comes, then Warcraft III is probably gonna be a ghost town :(. I DONT WANNA PLAY FOOTMEN FRENZY IN A GHOST TOWN.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah...WC3 did get kinda boring...SC is just so much simpler without heros, so...it doesn't take too much time to pick up SC and get good at it, while with WC3....puck that.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
But it was much slower. There was a time where no one really built anything and no REAL action was happening.