My ideas for SC2 (rocket launchin marines!)

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
READ THIS MAN, jk... don't....

U know what I think? :)) ...ofcourse u don't!

...i think there DEFINETELY should be water units (i can see it now: terran ship-transporter lands by the zerg base and drops m&m :))) ...but then SC engine should be changed a little bit.
Also there should be more interaction with map:
*caves (like bunkers with certain amount of capacity, where u could hide and/or shoot, i dunno).
*walls - good idea, in addition there should be ramps, not those - map ramps, but ones u could actualy build! ...that could be alternative for drop maybe :)
*if there would be water there should be (oh crap, i dunno this in english, u know, racing ships with huge engines? ye, something like vultures but in water, and it could lay water mines :)) how's that? :)) also, workers could build bridges :)) ...ship-base :)
*i wouldn't mind if there would me more different level of heights, not like there is now - 2 or 3, more...

hmm.... what else? oh i know, GRAPHICS!!!

first of all i think the engine should be the same, or mostly the same, cause u know :) - water!! . Engine should be similar because lots of ppl use old PC's, for example, my friend bought 3 pcs for 250$ and made LAN, and if i remeber it was 133mhz and 16ram and it SC worked great. now imagine what would happen if SC would use W3 engine - SH*T! that's what would happen...
well maybe it should need more powerfull pC's :) but i would say req's shouldnt be higher than 500mhz, 64ram :/
ok, now SC graphics in my dreams:
>>>resolution 600x800 or 1024x768
>>>better effects (well if there is higher res, there would be better graphics anyway :)
>> ee... hmm... more realistic animations 'n' stuff ... like 5 diffrent death animation for every unit, or even 5 diffrent styles of every same unit, like u build 4 marines and all of em are different a bit, awesom huh?
what else, oh f*ck it's 2am, school tomorow, ok im finioshing, what else? hm......
oh...... races
units
eeh, i dont have time for this:
more units
maybe more races, but that could break the balance between'em which is very good now....

ok that's it for now , comment me, but dont mind my english, im only 4 months in US....

Apex'i

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Starcraft 2 Hoax

Originally posted by Payment
Here is a picture of a Starcraft 2 screenshot. But, I doubt it is real because I doubt Blizzard is that far in the developmental process. But if you want to check out the picture here it is:

http://www.starcraft-2.com/screenshots/Battle.JPG

The picture looks pretty real, but notice how there is food, gold, and wood. I think they would stick to basic Starcraft elements. But, whoever made the picture did a good job with a hoax.
Doode dat screen shot look like it would need a really fast comp with high connection to play dat damn i dont think mai comp can even load that up and the grap[hics are like real good and stuff and my graphic card wont even be able to do dat

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Starcraft 2 Hoax

Originally posted by Apex'i
Doode dat screen shot look like it would need a really fast comp with high connection to play dat damn i dont think mai comp can even load that up and the grap[hics are like real good and stuff and my graphic card wont even be able to do dat
um you can find that in Wc3 its a lil clip but i think blizz is just playin wit us wit tat pic an if Sc2 is that far in makin bliz would prob tell us

Infested

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.
i really don't think there will be any water units. because not all maps have water in it. not even all the map types have water. sure, badlands and jungle all have water but in the desert it's just some kind of black goop oil. i dunno, but having ships speeding away on this petroleum substance seems kinda weird.
besides, wc2 had water, but they took that away in wc3.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Infested
i really don't think there will be any water units. because not all maps have water in it. not even all the map types have water. sure, badlands and jungle all have water but in the desert it's just some kind of black goop oil. i dunno, but having ships speeding away on this petroleum substance seems kinda weird.
besides, wc2 had water, but they took that away in wc3.
There could be units that are amphibious, like a Vulture that could ride on water. And in games like Ages Of The Empires they had water units, but you didn't require a Dock to make your next unit on the tech tree so if they do add water units I'm pretty sure they would do it that way. Actually, me being a map maker, would love for water units to be introduced. It would add so many new aspects to the game and I'm already getting ideas for new maps that require water units.

I

InfestedTemplar

rocket launcher

I think that would be really DUMB how would u like being ruched by rocket launchering marriens hahahahaa

RedMage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: sc2

Originally posted by ~*SandMan*~
This wil be my last posting for a while.... ok heres the idear it came to me as i was playing turok:evolution for ps2 strange huh?
wel anyways zerg should be able to infest animals on planets and make them into units or something like a ling gos up to a urasadon and infests it then it turns into a kind of ultralisk but fast as hell and it rams things...lol cal me crazy well thats it (=
That is possible: It is called spawn broodling. If you use stardraft, and a little bit of patching the game with it, it is possible with any unit, terran, protoss, or zerg.

As for the rocket launching marines. I made a mod like that already for stardraft. Marines can fire the protoss scout anti-matter missiles. I think i deleted the mod, but if you get stardraft, i can make you a new one.

I'm sure i could edit the graphics of something like a bunker or supply depot to make it like a wall. i don't know.

Originally posted by ross
i think they need a unit for terran that u can switch gunswith
Hmm... Isn't that called a siege tank? Its got the arclite cannon normal thing, and the arclite shock cannon.

CANADIAN_NHL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
theitalian69.friendpages.com
no that ideal is aready made i have my way of contact blizzard and they supposubly told me that there are marines that lauche rocket called rocketeers. and i thing the cc should be able too take marine and you pick what too add on them like shotgun,rifle,light(could detect cloaked units and see further) etc ...........

RDM

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Starcraft 2 Hoax

Originally posted by Payment
http://www.starcraft-2.com/screenshots/Battle.JPG

The picture looks pretty real, but notice how there is food, gold, and wood. I think they would stick to basic Starcraft elements. But, whoever made the picture did a good job with a hoax. [/B]
Also top left Quests, I don't think starcraft would go that way, quests? Also the attack, patroll... they were Warcraft type, swords, sheilds... In my mind it's a hoax probably some 40 year programmer guy that works on W3 ect. edits the screen shot.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
We need water units they would be awesome and for a new race another Xel'Naga creation, and a secret unlockable race could be the Xel'Naga (Even though they are dead)

Aeris22

Member!
Reaction score
what i would like to see is that terrans after the build a wall they could build stuff on the wall like ramps so marines and ghost could go on top and possible little turret machine gun things like in Starship troopers

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i like tis better (from a conversion pack)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
goliaths? wth are those guys?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
um what goth?

Aeris22

Member!
Reaction score
a nuke launch without a ghost would be to powerful, somebody could just take out a whole bass without losing a single troop

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wing_0
um what goth?

In ur img, u show some tanks with missile turrets.

Im asking if those guys are golitahs with modified look

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
naw the gothe were removed to put marins in a tan like thing (sry i havent used this one yet)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
um both sadly i havent get a chancee to try out any convert packs yet thu :'(