My Blizzsorc Strategy For roach, with <3!!

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll just jump right into this.

Skills:
MAX SKILLS
Blizzard
Cold Mastery
Glacial Spike
Ice Blast

TOTAL: 80 Skill Points

Stack Skill
Ice Bolt
TOTAL: 5-15 Skill Points

The Magic 1'ers
Shiver Armor
Teleport
Warmth
Static

TOTAL: 4 Skill Points

Pre-requisits - 3 Skill Points
TOTAL TOTAL: If I am right, theres 108 skill points total in the game? Thats when you will be finished.

The base of this build should be done prety early, as low as the mid-60's. After that, the rest of the points are on synergies.

The skill point distribution process
1. Pre-Requisites
2. Blizzard
3. Cold Mastery
4. Ice Blast
5. Glacial Spike
6. Ice Bolt

STAT POINTS
Strength - Just enough for your lowest gear. 96 for skullders, unless you want to go for the 154 storm shield.

Dex - 75, enough for wizspike.

Vit - Everything you have left, goes onto this.

Energy - Around 120-150 should be way plenty, stick it higher if you aren't comfy with that. (You should be fine with 150, with the stat plus's.)

The Gear

I give you, what I am currently wearing.

Helmet - Ptopaz Shako. Theres just nothing that beats it.
Amulet - Mara's ammy, the res and the +2 skills are awesome.
Switch One - Wizard spike, and a Pdiamond lidless. This is for teleporting.
Switch Two - Deaths Fathom (5/5 cold facet'd) and a Pdiamond tiamats. I'd like to have a stormshield, but I found one too late :(
Boots - What other, than War Travelers?
Belt - Arachnids belt, the +1 skill and the 20% fcr is lovely.
Rings - One SOJ, and a Dwarf Star. The Hydra's in mephs area can be pretty damaging.
Gloves - Chance Guards work fine.
Armor - Skullders for MF, unless you have a 15 Ormus +3 blizzard.

Mercenary
Act 2 Hell merc, with defiance. It's awesome for the teleporting, and if meph ever actually throws an attack at you. (and pindle)

Gear - Right now, I'm using Gladiators bane, Vampire Gaze, and some rare pike that I found with dual leech. He's just my tank, so It doesn't matter the damage he really does.

Act 5 mercs also work well, if you want a super tank.

This Sorceress is designed for 2 reasons.
Good MF, fast damage, Fast runs.
This sorc is best for doing Hell meph, and Hell pindle runs without much difficulty.

For meph, it works like this - Use the moat trick. Thats where the dwarf comes in, sometimes the council is in the middle penis. (ehehe)

I do hell meph runs in 35 seconds, with teleporting. Getting there and starting, takes around 25 to 30 of the seconds to get there, then not much time to do anything else. Don't even bother staticing, if you followed this correctly, the blizzard does enough damage to outdo static :)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume that these characters will be 99 in a day? Using anything with over 90 skills points is basically stupid, because people won't baal until they are 95 only to get 5 more points in....

Anyhow, good build, but I'd still go with orb.

Also, I'd use a ravenfrost instead and base energy. You will have MORE than enough to teleport all the way across a map and back with base ene with that gear.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love tweak.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Because he made a guide for you?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
WELL DUH!Z1

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
@ lvl 99, you have a total of 110 skill points to spend.

98 from leveling
4 from "skill quests" in the three difficulty levels = 12

98+12=110. :)

Plus, some considerations about the guide.

- Why Tiamat?
- With Death Fathom and the rest of the gear you've mentioned, you have a total of +11 to all skills. Plus, you have the -5% resist from the cold facet, which is totally perfect 4 your purpose together with your Cold mastery.
In fact, if your final goal is making Meph runs, you gain a whole -175% to enemy cold res, which is the exact cap for Meph (he has 75% cold res, your -res drops it to -100%, which is the hell resist cap).

If you're planning to use some cold GC skillers or annihilus, you can save some points into cold mastery (with your gear, having more than 31 skill points total is a waste) and put those points into Ice Bolt. But you've to have your final gear before making this choice: you have to know exactly what you will wear. :)

- You can go for base (or a little) energy instead of spending 150 points. If you use a SoJ and Lidless, 60-70 points are more than enough. If you run out of mana, use Frostburn instead of Chance guards.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I have that exact same setup but not shiver armor. :0

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
See, tweak, Kao agree's orb is good :p..

He told me my orb sorc will suck in hell, lol..

I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!1

Stryder

Reaction score
Originally posted by VizjereiMage
See, tweak, Kao agree's orb is good :p..

He told me my orb sorc will suck in hell, lol..

I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!1
Orb is mostly good for PvP, but for Mfer, Blizz is the way.

a1steaksauce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
.....does no one understand how to line up orbs right?i can get meph down to half life with ONE orb.and it isnt that hard.u just line up the orb to blow up on him and each shard causes damage.but thats with ormus,skullders is like down to 2 thirds.
skullders is 750 orb with -190res
ormus is 830 with -185.i could get 6 more cold charms and taht would be alot of damage

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Originally posted by a1steaksauce
.....does no one understand how to line up orbs right?i can get meph down to half life with ONE orb.and it isnt that hard.u just line up the orb to blow up on him and each shard causes damage.but thats with ormus,skullders is like down to 2 thirds.
skullders is 750 orb with -190res
ormus is 830 with -185.i could get 6 more cold charms and taht would be alot of damage
Only keep in mind that enemy resists in Hell are capped at -100%; a -190% to cold res is too much, unless you're fighting with enemies with 90% cold res or more (Duriel or others).

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
isnt kao's orb sorc build better? with godly items (of course..)? =/

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Now you see, kao's build has to be strong and stand some damned hits from meph.

This sorc, all you need is to get to meph, and it doesn't really matter what your wearing (cept for the council) because with the moat trick, you never get hit, so you can go MF whoring, rather than caring about defence.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm anyways, u wont need to put 75 dex, jus use charms and items. Also, isnt fire sorc better for mephing... =/ considering pvp, pvm and mfing.