Multiplayer Mode?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Has anyone heard anything about a possible multiplayer mode? I'm not talking about over the internet, but in the game (like 4 player multiplayer... like james bond used to have, heheh). That would be so sweet. Imagine, having death matches and being able to pick from all the starcraft characters...... kerrigan, raynor, duran, tassadar, edmund (heh)... and all the others in a 007-like deathmatch multiplayer mode. That would be sweet! You know what would be even sweeter? If they brought the PC version out and turned it into a quake style multiplayer game..... but thats not gonna happen, cause blizzard sucks :(

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, can't some of the new systems connect to the internet? I mean, it hasn't been done before, but can't they? I think it might have a battle.net mode!

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
idunno about you but i think a PC online only FPS based on starcraft chars would kick ass.

be like a team oriented CTF type game. where you pick what kinda char you wanna be. "ghost who can cloak but has low life and snipes" or a grunt with a machine gun. or a medic.

kinda like a team fortress classic (half life mod) except based in the starcraft universe.

i think it would kick ass.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by Aris
idunno about you but i think a PC online only FPS based on starcraft chars would kick ass.

be like a team oriented CTF type game. where you pick what kinda char you wanna be. "ghost who can cloak but has low life and snipes" or a grunt with a machine gun. or a medic.

kinda like a team fortress classic (half life mod) except based in the starcraft universe.

i think it would kick ass.
Yah, that would be really cool!

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Swooper
Well, can't some of the new systems connect to the internet? I mean, it hasn't been done before, but can't they? I think it might have a battle.net mode!
Yes, a system has gone over the internet before... Dreamcast. Plus PS2 is currently online, as we speak.

Anyways, I think that the multiplayer thing would be awesome, I remember the countless hours playing with friends on James Bond. I can't wait for this game!!!

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Payment
Yes, a system has gone over the internet before... Dreamcast. Plus PS2 is currently online, as we speak.

Anyways, I think that the multiplayer thing would be awesome, I remember the countless hours playing with friends on James Bond. I can't wait for this game!!!
i couldnt stand james bond. first off i cannot play an fps with a controller. i have to have a mouse and keyboard. second everyone that your playing against always knows exactly where you are.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
yeah... 007 was the shit for N64. That game was like, the best made game ever. Now-a-days, it's hard to find good quality games with all the crappy games coming out. About having a multiplayer mode online, I don't think starcraft ghost will really be made to take advantage of that. I think the whole idea is stupid anyways. If you want to play online, then get a fricken computer. Anyways... I just think as starcraft 4 player multimode would rock. Bond had agood mode except all the characters sucked (Boris was awesome though, wooooooo!)... but imagine Duran VS Kerrigan VS Nova VS Tassadar in a big arena deathmatch. That would be sweet.

Those blizzard bastards better atleast make this happen...!

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Originally posted by:
SkuZZy
Weird looking fuzzy guy

Imagine, having death matches and being able to pick from all the starcraft characters...... kerrigan, raynor, duran, tassadar, edmund (heh)... and all the others in a 007-like deathmatch multiplayer mode. That would be sweet!
I would pick Kerrigan of course and Kick everyones ass except for Raynor, he's my lover*

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by BAALsminion
in my own opinion, artanis and tassadar would own everyone
Adun Tassadar!
Artanis had the coolest voice in SC... he was the scout, right. That guy was awesome, he feared no one. I don't think he would be acting so tough when kerrigan locked his sorry ass down though... heh. Fenix was cool too, except he had more guts than brains. He would be like "nah, you guys ahead without me, i'll handle these 50 zerglings all by myself"... didn't he die? rotfl.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
yes artanis was a scout, and fenix was a dumbass, he actually died twice
Poor fenix... that's what he gets for being a dragoon though. If I had to choose any character to be, dragoon would most likely be the last one i'd choose. I'd even choose a fricken broodling over that crappy dragoon! I remember on one of the very first levels, fenix is like "i'll stay behind and clear this up" and he has like 15 zealots infront of him and there are like, 200 zerglings rushing in... and just as the zerglings start to kill the zealots, the transmision cuts off and next level fenix is all of a sudden alive and he won the battle? My ass... those zerglings would have owned all of those zealots. They just cut if off before we got a chance to see them bend fenix over and make him beg! Damn developers!!! :D

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
the only one who could have come even close to fending off all of those zerglings would have been Tassadar in his Carrier, Gantrithor
Tassadar in "his carrier"? I didn't know tassadar has a carrier, then again, I never played the game all the way through... what's wrong with tassadar by himself though? Storm would do much better than a carrier... interceptors only take 1 thing at a time, they don't kill 8 things at a time, so it would take a helluv along time to kill 200 zerglings.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
at the end of the toss missions, he kills the overmind by channeling his psychic energies through the hull of his carrier, his carrier, if im correct had more than the norm interceptors, and they did a lot of extra damage, not exactly sure though, but then again, him alone could do a lot of damage too

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
I'm horrified at what I've been reading during this thread. The lack of StarCraft knowledge is killing me...

Adun Tassadar!
It's "En taro Tassadar', you reject. Adun isn't a part of a greeting or anything. he was a great Protoss hero, so saying, "Adun Tassadar" is not the same as "En taro Tassard", or, "En taro Adun" in any way(s).

yes artanis was a scout, and fenix was a dumbass, he actually died twice
Fenix's psi blades f*cked up when he was killed. Does anyone remember the cinematic? Fenix, a Hydralisk, psi blades that tturned on, then promtly off?

During his second death, he was f*cking massacered by the Zerg. No one could've survived it (no one hero alone, anyway).

Originally posted by SkuZZy
Poor fenix... that's what he gets for being a dragoon though.
He wasn't "a Dragoon", merely in one. His head was anyway...

If I had to choose any character to be, dragoon would most likely be the last one i'd choose. I'd even choose a fricken broodling over that crappy dragoon!
A Dragoon could kick a Broodling's ass! Broodling's suck like bloody f*cking hell!

I remember on one of the very first levels, fenix is like "i'll stay behind and clear this up" and he has like 15 zealots infront of him and there are like, 200 zerglings rushing in... and just as the zerglings start to kill the zealots, the transmision cuts off and next level fenix is all of a sudden alive and he won the battle? My ass... those zerglings would have owned all of those zealots. They just cut if off before we got a chance to see them bend fenix over and make him beg! Damn developers!!! :D
Stop thinking in the d*mn box! The game is the "lesser" and "balanced" version of the "real world" StarCraft. In the "real" StarCraft, twenty Hydralisks could never beat a Carrier or Battle Cruiser, but they can in the gane. What I'm getting at is the game was merely showing that Fenix was outnumbered, not necessarily two-hundred to one.

the only one who could have come even close to fending off all of those zerglings would have been Tassadar in his Carrier, Gantrithor
So, the Hyperion wouldn't be able to? :rolleyes:

Tassadar in "his carrier"? I didn't know tassadar has a carrier, then again, I never played the game all the way through... what's wrong with tassadar by himself though? Storm would do much better than a carrier... interceptors only take 1 thing at a time, they don't kill 8 things at a time, so it would take a helluv along time to kill 200 zerglings.
Again with the box! An Interceptor's pulse laser could probably kill a Zergling in one, maybe two hits. Plus, Carriers (in tyhe "real" StarCraft) could probably carry one-hundred Interceptor's. In the game, the Carrier would take a long time to kill The Zerglings, but the game is the "balanced" "real" StarCraft.

Everyone should start thinking about StarCraft not as it is in the game, but in real terms.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Swooper
um... havent you heard? XBOX can connect to internet via a hub or the microsoft thingythatiforgotitsname. read the news kiddo. hehe just messing not trying to cause neconflict, just informing you.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
SC:G will probably come out for PS2, GameCube, and XBox, and all three have internet capabilities.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Originally posted by AmericanPsych0
I'm horrified at what I've been reading during this thread. The lack of StarCraft knowledge is killing me...

It's "En taro Tassadar', you reject. Adun isn't a part of a greeting or anything. he was a great Protoss hero, so saying, "Adun Tassadar" is not the same as "En taro Tassard", or, "En taro Adun" in any way(s).
i was waiting to see if anyone noticed, just my little quiz on SC toss vocab:D