Mousepad maphack trojans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive been using mouse's maphack for over 4 months now. no problems, no missing items.

but ive heard alot of ppl say that this is just a front program for him to steal account/items from ppl's accounts.

when i heard this i was like "DAMN! this little proggy is so helpfull too"

my question. 1. does this maphack have hidden trojans/pw grabbers?

2. if so. is their ANYONE that can take this proggy and make it clean, or just write a clean proggy like this.

the maphack part of it is just a convienience that i can live without. the party i REALLY wanna keep is the highlighting ability.

right now i have it setup to highlight things gold like flawless gems, rejuv pots, charms are purple instead of blue. stuff like that.

makes picking out the good items in cow games alot easier.

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The maphack is clean if you get it from HIS site.

What people have done is copy his site and used it to distrubute a virus that will log your password down and some people are not smart enuf to know that.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok cool.. yeah i always get it directly from his site.

but i was hearin from some of my friends, and readin his "fan mail" section and it looked fairly obviouse that he was using trojans or pw loggers in his hack.

well thats a relief. its a great little proggie for those of us who dont wanna be "true" cheaters and just want a little bit of a convienence/advantage when it comes to finding one's way around a dungeon or seeing good item drops.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh one more quick question.

i was told that virus scanners wont detect the trojans and pw loggers that ppl use like in the copycat maphacks.

is their a virus scanner that can detect these? is their any way to check on a regular basis if ive accedently gotten one of these?

thanks for all your help guys. :)

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it depends. Since MousePad has released the source to his maphack people can write a trojan into the source and that wouldn't be detected, but if they binded it, it would be detected.

Also you can hex edit or open the file in notepad.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok. so any regular virus scan would be able to detect it if they binded it to the proggie?

in the source. is their a partiucluar "standard type" line of code i could look for that would be the trojan or the pw logger?

P

PaleRider

I really dont know how or why, but recently I tried to download the pindabot from a link a friend of mine gave me. Along with that program came a nasty little trojan that i would not have foudn out about had Mousepads maphack not given me a little pop-up message upon loading that there was one that existed. It was a nasty one too, wouldnt be deleted, wouldnt let me run regedit, or my firewall. Thats just my nice experience.

P

problemchild03

This is just a test if u see this then i hope everyone reads this. Both my accounts are lost to this proggy, mousepad's proggy isn't what it seems to be. If u change your password then he will take your account. I proved it when i used my account and changed the pass, then i couldn't log on due to wrong passwords. So i got my backup when i used my friends *he's really pissed* and the account that my friend uses was gone. Mousepad is a 90% hacker and the other 10% isn't. I'm not sure yet as to if mousepad was the real crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.