Mousepad maphack config questions

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok im going through the config for maphack. setting up all the "hidden" items so that when i go through a cow game the only things that show up while im holding "ALT" are items that i actually want.

and everything is going great except for one thing..

does anyone know what mouse called his "normal armor" and "normal weapons"

cause its not "normal". for exceptionals and elites it was

"exceptional armor"
"exceptional weapons"
"elite armor"
"elite weapons"

so far ive tried "normal, normall(thought mabey he spelled it wrong), regular, standard, and ive also tried just the terms "armor/weapons" by themselves.

none of these have worked.

i emailed mouse about it but i thought id ask here thinkin i might get a quicker response.

anyone know what mouse calls his "normal" items in his config?

EDIT: thought id copy/paist a section of the config to show you exactly what im doing

Item Colours[Exceptional Armor][1]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Weapons][1]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Elite Armor][1]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Elite Weapons][1]: -1,-2

all i need now is to know what mouse is calling his "normal" items and im set.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ignite wants to know what and how im doing what im doing in the mousepad maphack config to make things highlight different colours. thought id explain it to everyone.

ok. well first off let me tell you ignite. no "norm" didnt work. so im still suck on that. just to let everyone know, no one show'd me how to do this. took about a day of trial and error and just sorta reading the code and figureing it out.

i'll go ahead and copy my entire highlighting section from the config here. just FYI. its gotten pretty long. and then i'll explain how it all works..

Item Colours[Stamina Potion]: Red
Item Colours[Antidote Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Thawing Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Choking Gas Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Rancid Gas Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Strangling Gas Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exploding Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Fulminating Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Oil Potion]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Key]: Red
Item Colours[Scroll of Town Portal]: Red
Item Colours[Scroll of Identify]: Red
Item Colours[Tome of Town Portal]: Red
Item Colours[Tome of Identify]: Red
Item Colours[Arrows]: Red
Item Colours[Bolts]: Red
Item Colours[Mephistos Soulstone][1+]: -1,-2

Item Colours[Exceptional Armor][1]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Armor][2]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Armor][3]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Armor][4]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Weapons][1]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Weapons][2]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Weapons][3]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Exceptional Weapons][4]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Elite Armor][1]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Elite Weapons][1]: -1,-2

Item Colours[Ear]: -1,-2
Item Colours[Jewel]: Purple
Charm Colours[1+]: Purple
Rune Colours[1]: -1,-2
Rune Colours[2]: -1,-2
Rune Colours[Nef Rune]: Gold
Rune Colours[Amn Rune]: Gold
Rune Colours[Sol Rune]: Gold
Rune Colours[Shael Rune]: Gold
Rune Colours[Ko Rune]: Gold
Rune Colours[Lem Rune+]: Gold
Rejuv Pot Colours[1+]: Gold
Healing Pot Colours[1]: -1,-2
Healing Pot Colours[2]: -1,-2
Healing Pot Colours[3]: -1,-2
Mana Pot Colours[1]: -1,-2
Mana Pot Colours[2]: -1,-2
Mana Pot Colours[3]: -1,-2
Gem Colours[2]: -1,-2
Gem Colours[3]: -1,-2
Gem Colours[4+]: Gold

Good Gold Number: 3000
Good Gold Colour: Gold
Poor Gold Colour: -1,-2

well there it all is.

1,-2 makes things invisible when holding down ALT. it wont even let you pick things up that you KNOW are on the ground, even when you click right where it is. cause its invisible.

the color names are obvious. it changed the color when their on the ground as well as the color of the words when you pick it up and look at it

the numbers inside the brackets. correspond to types of the items that their in the same line as. i'll give an example.
minor health pots would be a 1
lesser health pots would be 2
health pots 3
greater pots 4
super pots 5

same thing for the mana pots. for rejuv's since theirs only 2 kinds they are 1 and 2 from small to large.

also you can do any of these by the numbers or you can put in the actual word for it. i use numbers cause its less to type and i dont have to guess what mouse called things as much. like instead of typing 1 for a small charm you could type out [small charm]:

charms are 1 for small, 2 for medium and 3 for grand.

runes go from 1-? 1 being el i think. whatever the lowest lvl one is.

as for the armor/weapons. 1 corresponds to crude items of all kinds. 2 are normal items, 3 are superior items, 4 are magical items. i didnt test out what 5,6,7 are. but they are rare, set, unique. but as i said.. i didnt test them so i dont know which one is set to which number.

as for gems. works just like the mana pots.
1 is chipped
2 is flawed
3 is regular
4 is flawless
and 5 is perfect.

now as for the +'s next to some of the numbers. that will make all of that number and any items obove that number highlighted.

so take this line:
Gem Colours[4+]: Gold

this will make all flawless gems (which are number 4) and above. since the only thing above it is perfect. it will highlight all flawless and perfect gems to the set color. which i have it set to gold

one thing to keep in mind when doing this. make sure you dont have a duplicate somewhere else set to a default.. like this:

Skull Colours[1+]: -1

if you leave this line in the code and you have the Gem Colours[4+]:Gold it will highlight all flawless and perfect gems except skulls.

what i did is i left those specified gem kind lines in so that i know they can be seperated by gem type if i choose to do that at a later time but i put // in front of them all so that it ignores those lines for now. like this:

//Amethyst Colours[1+]: -1
//Topaz Colours[1+]: -1
//Sapphire Colours[1+]: -1
//Emerald Colours[1+]: -1
//Ruby Colours[1+]: -1
//Diamond Colours[1+]: -1
//Skull Colours[1+]: -1

putting // in front of any line will make the proggy skip that line. its usefull in case your messing with something and instead of deleteing a line and then possibly having to retype it you can just // it. its also handy if you want to give yourself notes in the proggy on what your doing, in case you forget what that section of code is supposed to be doing or what certain numbers/characters mean

oh yeah.. the -1 is the default for everything. so if you want it back to the way D2 has it originally. you can either delete the line. // the line or set it to -1

so far this script has everything set the way i want it except for normal items. cause i dont know what mouse calls his normal items in this proggy.

everything else is assigned. all the potions, arrows, keys, scrolls etc.

sorry for this being so long.. but i didnt wanna have to explain it a dozen times to a dozen people.. thought id do it once the right way the first time. :)

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so far with this config the way it is now. when i do cow runs the only things i can even see on the ground are:

normals (and thats only because i cant figure out what the name is for normals in the config or they would be invisible too)
keys
arrows
bolts
scrolls
tombs
stamina pots
greater health pots+
greater mana pots+
elite armor/weapons not including crude
sets
uniques
jewels
charms
specified runes that are worth something
flawless gems+
and gold above 3000 only

as you might expect i dont see a whole lot of stuff in cow runs. but what i do see is usually good. (xcept for those damn normal items :p )

its really nice especially when things get burried in large piles of crap and you wouldnt normally be able to see a dropped charm/unqie or whatever.

i was going to just use a grabit proggy but it lags me so much, and even when it doesnt lag me it makes me appear on my screen someplace when im really somewhere else. really annoying

with this i dont have to worry about items moving whenever an item in the pile is picked up/dropped cause none of them even show up on my screen. makes grabbing good items alot easier.

Igniteteg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Excellent job bro!!! Much props to you:cool: This really help out a lot and very easy to understand but one more question is that you explain the -1 already and thats default but what about -2??:confused: Oh, I'l try and help you crack the normal hehe just take time and many test to get it right but mostly trying to think of what mouse would think of hehe. Aite thanks for the very helpful info!!! U the man!:)

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well -1 is default

-1,-2 is hidden

im thinkin that all of them are 2 seperate colors.

take -1,-2. i think the -1 means that when your holding it the text of the words of the item are the regular color. i think -2 makes them invisible on the ground

i think the first number is the color of the words of the item when holding the item.

i think the second number is the color of the words of the item when you see it on the ground

so if you did somthin like item colours[elite armor][1]: red,green

it would make the color of the words while holding it red but when you see it on the ground the words will be green.

not sure what would happen if you did a -2,-2 mabey make it invisible in your inventory? that would be interesting. i'll have to check it out later

Flaming_cows

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well there is a program that will edit the config for u if u work the menues and buttons, ill dig it up and post it soon

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
flaming: its called maphack companion.. iknow about it. id rather type it out by hand though. makes more sense to me that way.

Igniteteg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey aris want to say something about the configuration. I figure out a few things to make it work. Are you sure you configuration works??? Cuz somehow it doesn't accept words it accept # for colors. Tell me how u get yours to work. Oh, btw how can you get your item to work also. I've test so many tries editing back and forth still can't get the item to work. Thanks for your help.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes mine works. do you have the current maphack version?

im using version 4.6

had a friend of mine try and do what i did.. he said it didnt work for him either. idunno what you guys are doing wrong.. i explained everything i did.

EDIT: only thing i can think of is your syntax is wrong or you have a duplicate line somewhere that is reverting your highlighting back to default.
IE: Gem Colours[4+]: red
Skull Colours[1+]: -1

oh i just thought of somthin. for -1,-2 to make things hidden the button for it is + on the numberpad. you can change the default for it to be on at the top of the config.
Hidden Items Toggle: 0, VK_ADD

and if you still doubt me check the file. theirs even an example put in their by mousepad on highlighting. its just above where the line for "good gold" "poor gold" is.
//Examples :-
//Gem Colours[Chipped]:purple //show chipped gem names purple
//Rune Colours[Sol Rune+]:Gold //show sol and above runes names gold

Igniteteg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmmmm i'l using version 4.3 thats probably why its not working. Hmm I got some to change color but I can't get items to change color when drop or pick up =( Where did you download the latest map hack file without a keylogger or trojan or whatever??? Needs to be clean. The mewgood.com site is still down =( Can't download pindlebot and other stuff that are in there. Anyone know when it be back up?? Thanks.

Hey, i'm not doubting you I guess my maphack version is out of date thats why it can't recognize those new codes. Oh yeah, btw you got PM! Thanks.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.btinternet.com/~mousepad/index.html

mousepads website. its the only place to get a clean version besides here at mewgood.

and version 4.3. yeah.. taht would be the problem. theirs been alot of updates since then.

and taht would be why your will only accept numbers for colors instead of words. he add'd that ability in a later version.

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay.. what your trying to do is all mpq based sooo. Get a copy of pickit (newest version http://gayak.50megs.com ) and copy the item codes out of the ini.

Also for normal items you would have to name them all I believe and if not it may be Regular , Perfect , Low Quality , Damaged and so on.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Placebo
Okay.. what your trying to do is all mpq based sooo. Get a copy of pickit (newest version http://gayak.50megs.com ) and copy the item codes out of the ini.

Also for normal items you would have to name them all I believe and if not it may be Regular , Perfect , Low Quality , Damaged and so on.
THANK YOU PLACEBO!! although i didnt quit do it the way you suggested.

when you said that it would be in the .ini file of picket i started thinkin.. i wonder if mouse's maphack has a .ini like that where it gets all its info from. and sure enough.. he did. although it wasnt a .ini it was a .vcb

and what you said about normal items not being setup like exceptionals and elits you were right their too.

but all i had to do was edit the .vcb to add a subcatagory of "normals" and vuala. it all works. it even simplified my .cfg file cause i was able to put things that i wanted hidden under a grouping of "junk" and now instead of telling the .cfg each and every junk item i wanted hidden now all i do is Item Colours[Junk]: -1,-2

well your ideas didnt solve it for me, but it gave me the idea on where to start looking so i'll give ya the props for it anyhow. :D

EDIT: just fyi to all of you that want to know how exactly i did what i did. first try and get what i posted above to work. if you've gotten that far and just wanna know how to get your normal items hidden. then you can PM me.

Igniteteg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey Aris can you check your PM. Or can you copy and paste your config files and send PM it to me??? I want the one with the normal items and stuff. Thats the thing im missing also. Thanks for your help. Yeh the .vcb tells you the code of stuff and the colors =)

NewPosts

New threads