Most Powerful Unit

What is the most powerful unit out of these?

• Total voters

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Lwek said:
What was weird was earlier today I played melee and massed 10 Dark Archons. I Mind Controlled a hydralisk and an overlord. Yeah, that wasn't the weird part. The weird part was that I already had the option to morph it into a lurker. I don't know if I need a nub-caek or it's just weird.
No, that's a good thing about Mind Control. If you MC a unit with a special ability already researched, you get the research already done. With all your units. Or so I think :-/

dP

Member!
Reaction score
no, i meant a professional player with 1 da, inf energy will couquer EVERYTHING at the same time.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
OK, Wraith is, I think, DA's only weakness. But the Wraith has more weaknesses than a DA. Thus making the Dark Archon more powerful than the Wraith.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Infinte energy? A bit lop-sided no?

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I really like the carriers they work for me

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
call me noob are whatever you want, but i say dark templars are most powerful unit.
it has the highest attack (even though it cant attack air) that doesnt require any upgrades or building to be able to use and it starts and has permanent cloak.

Biske

Reaction score
But, can be easily disposed of thru splash attacks....kinda expensive to be killed by firebats unknowingly.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Although I voted carrier, I might want to change that to the BC.

Dark Archon really isn't THAT powerful. Its a spell caster, and hardly anyone uses it a lot. No one masses with DA, and thus a defense isn't so needed for one.
If you had 12 BC and 12 DA, the BC would most likely win. By the time a player hotkeys all the maelstorms or MC, a few BC would survive and take out the DA.

So I change my vote to BC, not Carrier. Woops.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
MrBret said:
Although I voted carrier, I might want to change that to the BC.

Dark Archon really isn't THAT powerful. Its a spell caster, and hardly anyone uses it a lot. No one masses with DA, and thus a defense isn't so needed for one.
If you had 12 BC and 12 DA, the BC would most likely win. By the time a player hotkeys all the maelstorms or MC, a few BC would survive and take out the DA.

So I change my vote to BC, not Carrier. Woops.
I choose my words carefully. The thread specifies 'Most Powerful Unit'. It did not specify the most powerful units.
You also have to think. How long does it take to make a DA?
How long does it take to make a BC? How long does it take to make 12 of each?

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Lwek said:
I choose my words carefully. The thread specifies 'Most Powerful Unit'. It did not specify the most powerful units.
You also have to think. How long does it take to make a DA?
How long does it take to make a BC? How long does it take to make 12 of each?
Okkk...It also says most powerful, not how long to create. ;p

If its 1v1 well then MC would win, but thats not power. That's tactics. Power over Power, well the BC would for sure win with its Yamato cannon and up'd lazers.

But also, note this. IF they fired [yamato and MC] @ the same time and hit each other @ the same time, who would win?
The BC of course. The BC would then be the DA, but the DA would die, thus rendering power back to the BC.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
If you consider the DA and the BC having 250 energy, the DA can Feedback your BC since Feedback and Yamato has the same range, 10 matrix. Now your BC has no energy and has half it's health. The DA still has enough energy to cast MC. The BC is controlled.
m-w's definition of power - ability to act or produce an effect - the DA is still the most powerful unit in Starcraft.
My defnition of power in Starcraft - what the unit can do and how effective is it - the DA is still the most powerful unit in Starcraft.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Ooo, I somewhat heated debate. :)

I knew it wasn't going to be long before the dictionary would come out. lol
So you got me on that one.

Anyway, what if the BC "cast" its Yamato and the DA casted its Feedback @ the same time. And since they have 10 matrixes the BC would still be able to hit the DA. Yes, the BC would lose its energy at that point.
If I'm not mistaking, 1 yamato hit would kill a DA. Thus, the DA wouldn't be able to cast a 2nd spell right after it casted Feedback.

We must also not forget move ability. The BC has the upper hand for this, hands downs. (intering phrase, lol) The DA needs to be transported around thus leaving itself extremly open to attacks. If it dies in a transport its gone, while the BC doesn't have that problem.
Also, a BC can get repaired. A DA cannot unless its allied with a Terran and that Terran has a medic.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
MrBret said:
If its 1v1 well then MC would win, but thats not power. That's tactics. Power over Power, well the BC would for sure win with its Yamato cannon and up'd lazers.
Actually, that's pure Power. You are not using any tactics, you just hit m and click the BC. Nothing tacticful about it ;)

And in 12 BC vs 12 DA, you just need to MC 6 BCs and maelstrom the other 6 in order to win.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
MrBret said:
Ooo, I somewhat heated debate. :)

I knew it wasn't going to be long before the dictionary would come out. lol
So you got me on that one.

Anyway, what if the BC "cast" its Yamato and the DA casted its Feedback @ the same time. And since they have 10 matrixes the BC would still be able to hit the DA. Yes, the BC would lose its energy at that point.
If I'm not mistaking, 1 yamato hit would kill a DA. Thus, the DA wouldn't be able to cast a 2nd spell right after it casted Feedback.

We must also not forget move ability. The BC has the upper hand for this, hands downs. (intering phrase, lol) The DA needs to be transported around thus leaving itself extremly open to attacks. If it dies in a transport its gone, while the BC doesn't have that problem.
Also, a BC can get repaired. A DA cannot unless its allied with a Terran and that Terran has a medic.
The Yamato takes time to charge. That is enough time to feedback and MC the BC before the shot can get out.
A BC is one of the biggest air unit in the game. Thus making it more vlunerable to air killers than the DA which can hide in terrain or doodads. Can a BC hide in the air?
The DA's Maelstrom is a detector. Does a BC have a detector?

TrongaMonga said:
Actually, that's pure Power. You are not using any tactics, you just hit m and click the BC. Nothing tacticful about it ;)

And in 12 BC vs 12 DA, you just need to MC 6 BCs and maelstrom the other 6 in order to win.
Uh... did you mean feedback?