Most New Posts Contest... Win Duke Nukem Forever!!!

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Starting Today, we are having a contest for Most New Posts. Whichever member makes the most new posts from December 27th to January 31st will...

WIN A COPY OF Duke Nukem Forever on Xbox 360 or PS3

Junk posts will NOT be count:
-this means no "thanks", "nice post man", etc.
-Great/ Helpful/ Strategic/ Informative posts will be given a greater weight
(this means 40 posts with 10 of which are KILLER POSTS, can beat out 55 posts of so-so. Based on admin's discretion)

-Friend referrals in this time will also count as 5 posts!

Attachments

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
So basically, it's going to come down to your discretion as to who wins. Why not just say "hey, at the end of this time period, i'm going to randomly pick one of you to have a copy of this game"?

Makes a lot more sense than "highest post wins. As long as they're good posts. Posts with merit add more points. So do referals." Yeah, that doesn't scream rigged or anything ;)

Better yet, why not just buy a copy of the game for the 9 active members you have?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
So basically, it's going to come down to your discretion as to who wins. Why not just say "hey, at the end of this time period, i'm going to randomly pick one of you to have a copy of this game"?

Makes a lot more sense than "highest post wins. As long as they're good posts. Posts with merit add more points. So do referals." Yeah, that doesn't scream rigged or anything ;)

Better yet, why not just buy a copy of the game for the 9 active members you have?

It is not rigged. I bought 2 copies of the game and since they aren't being given to myself, I have no allegiance to who it goes to. The details were added because I have seen a spam bot make 50 posts in one hour that were all ****, do you want that against your 40 well-thought posts?

And aside from spam posts, would you want 50 1-2 sentence flame posts in the asylum beating out some good posts, a few strategy guides, and several helpful posts? NO, of course not. The consideration comes down to these cases and I just added the referral as a straight substitute.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
If I lost a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever to a spammer, I can safely say that my life would go on as normal.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
and yes Barney. The contest got reset. The email I sent out about it apparently didn't get sent to but a handfull of people as I just found out. So I am resetting the contest, posting a sitewide link to the info, and will be emailing people about it here shortly.

Note:
There will be several more upcoming contests where I give away more games. They will likely be focused around posts, joining a twitter account I will be setting up shortly, liking threads, or posting links to our threads on your blog/ facebook.