Most important feature in a game

What's the most important feature in a game?

• Total voters

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The gameplay.

StarCraft ftw.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
It has to be fun, of the three, I figured gameplay was the best choice. Addictiveness would be determined by how fun it is, so they are similar.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Must be graphics, we know that personally from pong.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, its different for each genre. But RPG = Storyline and FPS = Gameplay with graphics as a close second.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
gameplay, which I consider a part of which is time it takes to beat a game. If I can beat a game within 1/2 hour I hate it, if it takes a few trys and umteen hours, I consider it a challenge and worth it. This is why I love RPG games like FF and such.
Buy a game for say $50. and beat it within a day, or, same price that takes a few months to beat.

Gameplay all the way, close second is the stroyline(almost equal) because who wants to play a game to have a crappy ending, or being not interested at all.
Graphics, are subjective. Someone might see something and like it while others don't. This I find not relative.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Whatever the hell it is that DoD has.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
gameplay
if the story is pure crap idc much

LeapOfFaith

J'Kar Fanboi
Reaction score
All three of them really you need decent graphics and good game play and a good storyline to have a good game. If one of them is good and the other two suck then the game sucks.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
You just gotta have good gameplay. Beyond that, excellence in the other fields only separates the good games from the favorites. I like a lot of games, but the amazing storyline hooks me into Soul Reaver 2, the graphics/storyline snag me on Devil May Cry, and the graphics have made me a Soul Calibur 3 whore.

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
gameplay, and a good story to keep you playing. gameplay and story. im not a graphics whore

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
Graphics and storyline aren't as importand as gameplay, ie. The Legend of Zelda: Link to The Past, although it has a great storyline, it is fun to play. Alot of old games are addicting.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
before nintendo, xbox, ps2, ect their was PONG! Anyone old enough can tell you there was no story line, graphics .... lol 2 rectangles and a square, but it kicked ass. So right their gamepaly out ranks every other and will never be beaten hahahahaha.

L

Laharl

Gameplay, definitely. Lots of games have very little of the other two and still sell out.

reor

Reaction score
Website
reor.de.vu
"Game" has a broad variety of definitions .

If you mean Video Game, then the answer is pretty obvious: a balanced mix of all three criteria .
Actually, "gameplay" is kind of self-explanatory .

Be serious, would you buy Pong rather than Day of Defeat, *any*Craft, Soul Reaver, Soul Calibur or Devil May Cry ?
I wouldn't . Why ? Because i'm spoiled .

L

Laharl

But seriously, why play a game if it isn't fun at all?

Example: Halo.