Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a@... said:
Only time when defiler comes handy is when they use plague on stacked mutas, but I doubt the game will even reach that point since any typical ZvZ games will finish in 10 minutes w/ muta//ling combo.
Exactly. Once in a blue moon we see hive (normally for devourers) but that's it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, that's if you're talking about pre-planned games. But as I hate those, I never do anything like that ;)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
-Azrael666- said:
I used all sorts of queen spellcasting on you DM :D I would have been killed a lot worse if I hadn't had my handy queens ^^ Then again, it wasn't ZvP, it was ZvT. I just like to have as much fun as possible while playing, I don't take Melee too seriously since I became a UMS addict. Infact, I tend to take UMS more seriously :p I have a lot of fun while I'm playing Melee too though, I just like to use special abilities and mess around a lot :D
Yeah, but I killed a few of those bloody queens eventually. Likewise too, I can't really play ''good'' if I want to, I just play ''me'', and that's to try and have fun, and not be a super win-need freak. Special Abilities? No, you can't have anymore of those. You like to abuse them so that I haver to cast eradicate on your overlords. :D

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Irradiate. And that pissed me off, lol :D I didn't have any scourges, so your SVs just ran amok irradiating everything :p Special abilities? Yes, I can have all of them. I love abusing them and that's the way to be :)

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Irradiate. And that pissed me off, lol I didn't have any scourges, so your SVs just ran amok irradiating everything Special abilities? Yes, I can have all of them. I love abusing them and that's the way to be
oh man irradiate saved me once, i had launched some huge land attack and was killin him but my base was empty and he sent like 20 mutas over, i irradiated like 5 of em and he didnt ungroup em, hah that was stupid, and thats why i love Science Vessels

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
Regarding Renzokuken's maelstrom zealot strategy, no offense, psi-storm is three or four times better hands down. Literally, maelstrom is absolutely, positively so much worse in every way that if you do well with that you should dominate with psi-storm :).
Ok, i can easily admit that storming is 99 times easier but it isn't always effective (Unless you're a good stormer).

I merely tried my Zealot/DA/Corsair strategy vs Zerg about 5 or 6 times against BF players and it seemed to work ok. I just wanted a break from HT's and to try something different. Besides, maelstrom is almost instant and it's range is ok, so it can hit up to 12 clumped Hydras (I usually catch 6 or 7). Then i send the Zealot calvary.

It hurts your opponents morale more when he can't stop my maelstrom at all. And yes, i know Maelstrom + Zealot is harder to use, and sometimes you can hit your own Zealots.

I use maelstrom either when the Hydras are running away, or are running to me. If i catch them running away, it can REALLY annoy your opponent. Besides, i prefer to stop units rather than hope to hit them and not my units while i'm storming a battlefield.

I'm not saying it's any better or worse, it's just an opinion of mine since i'm sick of Hydras playing my storms so easily (Which Hydras can do with ease). I'd rather waste 100 mana than 150 (Two storms at least to kill running/moving Hydras).

All in all, Maelstrom + Zealot isn't as cliche as the regular storm strategy. Doing things differently is what i like to do. Cookie-cutter combos get boring, we need something different!

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzokuken said:
Ok, i can easily admit that storming is 99 times easier but it isn't always effective (Unless you're a good stormer).

I merely tried my Zealot/DA/Corsair strategy vs Zerg about 5 or 6 times against BF players and it seemed to work ok. I just wanted a break from HT's and to try something different. Besides, maelstrom is almost instant and it's range is ok, so it can hit up to 12 clumped Hydras (I usually catch 6 or 7). Then i send the Zealot calvary.

It hurts your opponents morale more when he can't stop my maelstrom at all. And yes, i know Maelstrom + Zealot is harder to use, and sometimes you can hit your own Zealots.

I use maelstrom either when the Hydras are running away, or are running to me. If i catch them running away, it can REALLY annoy your opponent. Besides, i prefer to stop units rather than hope to hit them and not my units while i'm storming a battlefield.

I'm not saying it's any better or worse, it's just an opinion of mine since i'm sick of Hydras playing my storms so easily (Which Hydras can do with ease). I'd rather waste 100 mana than 150 (Two storms at least to kill running/moving Hydras).

All in all, Maelstrom + Zealot isn't as cliche as the regular storm strategy. Doing things differently is what i like to do. Cookie-cutter combos get boring, we need something different!
I agree it sounds like lots of fun. However, practically it's much worse. I agree about the moral thing, but you have to be better in the first place to beat them mael/zeal so I'm not sure that helps much. In a big battle storm is always better than Mael.

Naturally you're welcome to disagree and play your own way, but I like to play cookie cutter, or in emulation of pros. I find that fun.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I try to be like that too, Renzokuken. You also tried that damn Corsair trick on me, but since we were playing Alt. Starcraft, my Hydralisks were double-statters, meaning you couldn't kill them with a single Psi Storm. You did manage to hurt my supply level a lot, but I relied mostly on the boosted stats of all Zerg Units to overcome my opponets by force. The way it worked was, a Hydralisk was as strong as a Dragoon, in a since. It still costed 75 minerals, but it had 160 life points, 1 armor, 20 damage, and when you factor in it's firing speed and it's projectile type (Intant Damage, whereas Dragoon is an energy ball that neerds to fly and hit the unit you are attacking.) Hydralisks won easily. They killed everything from Zealots to Scouts that game, I loved it.