• Macromanagement

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You have to learn to be proficient at them both if you want to be good (and you just want to play for fun). If you have to choose one, macro would be it though. However, personally, I think micro is more fun, especially reaver micro.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like storming and cloning scourge.

Rephrase that: I love storming. Nothing is more beautiful than seeing a bunch clumped tanks or hydras getting owned pwned by well placed psi-storms.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, to me, bunch of probes exploding w/ dragoons by mines is much better. ;)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
No one has talked about good Zerg micro :-/ I micro as Zerg still, it's just I pay more attention to macro so that I have the proper units to micro with. Good examples of common Zerg micro are plaguing Terran structures (supply depots usually) to watch them burn, dark swarming cannons and sending in Zerglings and Ultralisks to destroy them, making sure your Guardians don't get too close to cannons/turrets while attacking them (that happens if you just let them 'attack-to' a point), and one of the most essential buildings involved in advanced Zerg microing, building Nydus Canals.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a@... said:
Actually, to me, bunch of probes exploding w/ dragoons by mines is much better. ;)
Killing a bunch tanks with their own mines/splash(via zealot bomb) is B E A utiful. :D

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
Killing a bunch tanks with their own mines/splash(via zealot bomb) is B E A utiful. :D
That happened to silent_control once, when he was vsing against [Oops]Reach(OGN gillette SC league, Nostalgia, I think)
Can't remember the exact about, but about 12 vultures, and 2 tanks exploded b/c of that damned shuttle and zeal bomb. :angry

You can find it here(Starleague Highlights 2004):
http://www.ingame.de/filebase/index.php?action=file&cid=238&fid=2048 ;)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a@... said:
That happened to silent_control once, when he was vsing against [Oops]Reach(OGN gillette SC league, Nostalgia, I think)
Can't remember the exact about, but about 12 vultures, and 2 tanks exploded b/c of that damned shuttle and zeal bomb. :angry

You can find it here(Starleague Highlights 2004):
http://www.ingame.de/filebase/index.php?action=file&cid=238&fid=2048 ;)
I know. That's what made me bring it up. :p

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I prefer Maelstrom + Speedlots rather than Psi-Storm. Hydras are fast and can dodge storms (Well.. most of the storm).

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that's why you learn to clone storm. unfortunately, it's only half the battle. :(

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I still find that Maelstrom seals your battle. Because if any Hydras do make it out if you storm them, they'll be used against you later in the game once they've regenerated.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
In starcraft I definitely prefer macro-management. It is just too hard once you get a huge army to control your units individually. Maybe a templar or two....other than that I use mainly macro-management. Warcraft I use micro.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
Yeah, that will probably be a "pimpest play," of course I'm not sure you guys are even into that.
Ever since you started talking about it, I've become more and more interested in it. Could you possibly hook me up with some links to the site(s) dedicated to such things? (Famous replays, tournament results, pimpest plays, etc) You know, all that hott stuff you know so much about :D T'would be much appreciated :)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
do ppl micro zerg units? i'm not talking about like ultra, defiler and lurkers. i mean you basic units like lings hydra and muta?

Zerglite

Reaction score
alot of ppl micro hydras, dont think it would be easy to micro muta's since they are air and therefore, can overlap eachother

but it is always easiest to micro ranged units effectively so they dont do this

enemy-- you---> not attacking anymore
enemy-- <-----------------------------you

it just makes more sense to micro ranged simply for that fact that ranged units, are ranged, and therefore they dont rush headlong into battle again after you back out

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
did not expect ppl to micro hydra. i mean most of the time i send em right after a wave of lings to back em up. now i know it's important to micro carriers and bc but do you guys micro any other air units? just a bit curious. since muta seems a bit un microable just wondering about other air units

Zerglite

Reaction score
big ones are only ones you directly micro usually, smaller things like scouts should be micro'd as a group to help support the larger ones

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Zerg NEEDS to micro to take out Zealots. And they also NEED to micro Mutalisks because they are valuable and are almost expensive for how long they last on the battlefield.

Zerglite

Reaction score
alot of ppl micro hydras, dont think it would be easy to micro muta's since they are air and therefore, can overlap eachother
i never said u shouldnt, i said it would be hard to

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Macromanagement for me! I can't Micro units at all, well about all units except big ones with lots of Health Points, and that sort of thing! :D I can easily Micro with Protoss, but throwing in spells and different attack commands really fast is hard for me, really hard. :( Whereas, with Macromamangement, I an easily build my base-structure then try to focus on Micromanagement, even though I fail. :p