• Macromanagement

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Micromanagement sucks IMO. Playing Lost Temple or other maps like that requires too much thinking and planning. I play SC to get rid of the 'shits' in my mind. I play SC for fun, not for tournaments or anything. I think having mass blood battles is more fun than little whimpy ones.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I prefer Macro, because if you suck at Macroing, you won't even have the units to Micro properly.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
^^ I'm always Zerg so I guess that would explain my choice.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I find micromanagement easier than macro since it just comes naturally to me. I find myself almost always trying to control my units so they don't die. Whether I'm toss or zerg. As for the poll, I prefer micro, but I rather do both.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I prefer micro, and as for macro, I hotkey my buildings so that I can constantly pump out units even when I'm micro'ing.
And since TvZ depends on marines' actions, I find myself putting more effort into micro than macro, but both of em are important, really.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Well it's not that I don't Micro, it's impossible to win against anyone who's any good if you don't. It's more like.. I worry about Macroing more, a lot more, but I wouldn't run my lings at someone's base in a straight line (omg that happens so often :p).

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I'm a macro person. I used to be big on the whole micromanagement thing (especially when I played both WC3 and SC... WC3 refines your micro skills a lot), but since I started playing again, I've been strictly macro for all three races. It's been working pretty well for me, so I think I'll stick with it.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i still dont get the diff between macro and mic

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
Micro: Moving marines so they dodge lurker spikes. Running Hydralisks away from Zealots right after the hydras fire.
Macro: Building stuff. Taking resource nodes.

If you can do both, you are cool.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i raly do both :(
i gusse im more of a macro

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Also, using any special abilities is part of Microing.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I'm better off at micro than at macro, I'm afraid :-/

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
hah I'm trying to learn how to micro and macro at the same time. Reallyyy hard. I keep forgetting my hot keyed buildings.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I voted micro.

Zerg NEEDS to micro when vsing Protoss, otherwise their units get slaughtered. The Hydras need to be microed in order to harass the Zealots/Dragoons, otherwise you are merely feeding a growing fire.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
The only units I ever really micro with are big ground/air units (Carriers, Dragoons, Goliaths) and sometimes Zealots. I also arrange my hordes of Zerg units before I attack, but that could be considered macromanagement at best; I rarely attack without tons of units.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
speedlots easily catch up to hydras.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Snagg said:
speedlots easily catch up to hydras.
Except hydras outrange zealots by a country mile. Just press 'a' , click on the zealot than retreat a bit. I do this with goons vs zealots/marines/firebats all the time. Carriers vs golitahs with the help of terrain sometimes. I don't do this much with zerg since I'm strictly zvt and zvz with zerg.

Dodging storms with hydras is also micro, but I don't play zvp.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
macro i guess

nothing strikes more fear into an enemy's heart than seeing 100 cracklings coming your way :)

and most of the games i play, you have so many units or such powerful units that it wouldn't matter for me (UMS).