Lots of neat ideas here - no offense

Alkoholik[Le]

Reaction score
Website
www.gamehackers.net
As the subject says, no offense to anyone, there are a lot of really cool ideas here. I've noticed consistantly, however, that nearly everything is based on specific D2 "features."
Most of these ideas seem more like additions to another Diablo 2 expansion pack.
Lets "think outside the bun."
Since this is an entirely hypothetical forum (Diablo 3 Information), forget about specifics of Diablo 2. Of course you have to keep Diablo/Diablo 2 in mind or it wouldn't be Diablo 3, but who says there has to be skill trees? Or character classes with specified skill sets. Why not be able to have an elven archer and decide to add some sorcery and/or necromancy to his/her arsenal. Or maybe thieving skills. If any of you play - or have played - games like Baldur's Gate, or actual DnD, imagine the endless possibilites. Of course the hack-n-slash combat style and stream lined story are two major aspects of Diablo and Diablo II that set it apart from "standard" DnD style games, and are probably why they have been so popular. Not everyone wants to sit through 5 minutes of text choices between battles to decide where the story goes from here.
I personally think it would be really cool to have a Diablo style game that doesn't limit character developement to specified classes. Instead of set classes, how about start out with a character equipped with rudimentary skills of every type. Then we could build our own classes based on the skills we choose to use. Of course a lot of work would need to go into laying out what skills add to what skills, etc. I just think it would add a lot more diversity and allow for much more unique characters.
Where is the fun when 50% of the people building characters on D2 all relatively aim for the same stats/items/skills for the class they have chosen?
Eventually, this is probably unavoidable. The best gear+the best skills are going to be the popular choice. I wish I could think of a way to fight against that monotony. :\

Anyhow, I love seeing everyone's imaginations hard at work, and I hope to have given some of you a different perspective to add upon. I would be head over heels to learn that developement was actually started on a Diablo 3, and if it ever is, I hope to see some of the ideas being thrown around on here put to use.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think there should be another expansion pack so they dont have to make another game

What u think

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think ur a f**king co*k sucking peice of shit dont even join this thread stupid mother F**king asshole